moving up the micros!

• stevieberg
      stevieberg
      Basic
      Hello everyone, I want to challenge myself to move up the micros. Starting at 10nl six max on stars and hope within 4 months to be playing 100nl 6max.
      At 2000 hands i was down about $9. since then i purchased poker tracker 4 and my bb/100 is 11 over 4475 hands over 4 days so I'm very happy with that. Allmost 5 bi up woo hoo :P I'm hoping after 50k hands i will have at least 30 bi's for 25nl. I realize that my average bb/100 will go down as the bi's go up so i am hoping for 8 bb/100 at this level which after 62500 hands i am hoping to move up to 50nl with a bank roll of 40 buy ins. I am also counting on more variance as the stakes go up so i am also giving myself extra 10 bi per level that i am moving up to and dropping (jesus christ a bird just flew into my office window, scared the hell out of me!) my bb/100 by 2 at each level till i hit 100nl and hoping to maintain 4bb/100. So i am wondering what anyone thinks about this strategy and if anyone else wants to try it? Have a great day and hope to hear back from some of you

stevieb
  • 8 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Steve,

Nice plan. Not a cash game player myself so I can't really comment on how good your plan is, but we have plenty of members around that limit so I'm sure you'll get some feedback.

Still interested in seeing if it works, so I'll be following with interest. :s_thumbsup:

GL and Happy Fishing

Laz
    • stevieberg
      stevieberg
      Basic
      Thanks for the reply
      Well just played a quick session 1030 hands bb/100 8.36, trying to figure out how many tables at a time to play was playing 8 and when i busted out of 1 didn't reload and continued with the 7.
      One leak i need to fix for sure is the hero call on river when you know your beat but just have to see to make sure.
      For instance i raised 3bb in the c/o with QQ the bb flats and we are both sitting even stacked with 130bb
      flop 3d 5s jd
      villan donks into me for .30 i raise to .90 and he flats turn 9s
      now there are 2 flush draws a str8 draw and i tell myself i am not going to stack off here.
      He checks to me so i fire 1.70 into 2.45 pot thinking its mine,but no he check raises me to 4bucks. So this is where I'm supposed to fold right?
      So i call leaving myself 7.88 and convinced I'm folding to any a or k on river and any diamond. the river was the absolute worst card 8d completes flop flush draw and turn str8 draw. the pot has 10.45 in it he jambs all in for 8.08 and i
      called.
      how bad was that call, please someone tell me how bad i played that hand!
      He showed 5d 5h for flopped set and dragged 25.03 pot
      so long story short i guess i need to fold when i know I'm beat and i woulda had another 73bb to add for the session.
      sorry this reply is so long
      take care

Stevieb
    • stevieberg
      stevieberg
      Basic
      Allright guys and girls, here is an update. Tonight i grinded 2 little sessions for just over an hour each and played 9-12 tables. I logged in 2149 hands with a bb/100 of 16.79 ya baby! So far at 10nl i have 7654 hands with bb/100 of 12.35 and I'm up $94.53
      I'm feeling pretty good that by 50k hands i will be up to the 30 buy ins for 25nl

I still haven't figured out the right way to go over hands played on poker tracker 4 and how to really figure out where my leaks are.
      If anyone can share how they go over there session that would be great thanks

Stevieb
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hey stevieberg, that seems to be 'quite' a good run you've got going, long may it continue! :s_cool:

Now, as for finding leaks,you have LeakTracker which comes pre-installed with PT4 and is a useful tool. find it under the 'view Stats' tab.

I often run reports and use the filters to look over hands, but there are lots of tutorials you can watch, such as the 'Guide to PokerTracker 4' series by PokerStrategy or Bogdan's ever superb PT4 webinars.

You can see Part 1 here and Part 2 here.

I hope that helped a little to get you started, but I'm sure some of our other nice community members will suggest something as well. :)

Have fun,

Mal.
    • stevieberg
      stevieberg
      Basic
      Hey Mal, thanks a lot for the reply and for the info.I'm just having my first cup of java and and going to check out the links you gave.
      Have a great day day!

Stevieb
    • stevieberg
      stevieberg
      Basic
      Well i am now at 9783 hands with a bb/100 of 12.28 and a profit of $120.12
      I think i am playing really well right now and very focused on improving my game so i can move on up! I am trying to keep out of marginal spots like say i opened 3x with 77 and flop came something 2-4-6 with 2 of the same suit. In position ckecked to me I'm always firing about 2/3 pot and if called I'm probably not putting anymore $ in the pot and if i'm raised i'm folding 100% Maybe that's a little nitty and i'm getting bluffed some of the time but i think i can just wait for better spots.
      I bought a new mac has a 27" screen absolutely love it, but i'm not familiar with it yet,can someone tell me how to take a screen shot of a graph from poker tracker and upload to a forum? thanks
      Stevieb
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Stevie,

I've merged all your threads in "Success and Challenges" into one common thread.

You won't be able to display graphs within your posts but you will be able to link to them.

You'll need to signup to an image hosting website such as Imgur, TinyPic or PostImage.org. Then you would upload the image to their site and use the links they give you to insert in your posts.

To be able to display images directly in your posts, you would need to upgrade to Bronze staus. You can do this by taking advantage of one of our free poker money offers.

Alternately, you could buy a Points Package from our points shop.

Regards

Laz
    • stevieberg
      stevieberg
      Basic
      Well i am now at 13,437 hands my C won $119.30 X(
      Played 2k hands night before last and got kicked in the head by variance.
      flopped set vs top pair and villain runner runner bigger full,few spots like that for full stacks. Found myself tilting a bit after that and did not play my best for sure. ended up down the session almost 500 bb so gross! played a little sesh last night and did pretty well so i'm on my my back.
      I need to work on not spewing chips when i have a decent stack, i find i definitely call lighter and end up losing valuable bb that would have made a big difference to my session.
      Well got to go to my day job, later

Stevieb