Very slow populating hands

• gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi there,

My database holds 21K hands.

I load PT4 and then Pokerstars, then click 'Get hands while playing,' then load 4 zoom tables. All fine.

At the load PT4 stage though, it often takes quite a few minutes to populate the hands, even longer if click 'all hands' at top left.

Hope you can help, any further information you need, please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Mal.
  • 2 replies
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by gadget51
      Hi there,

My database holds 21K hands.

I load PT4 and then Pokerstars, then click 'Get hands while playing,' then load 4 zoom tables. All fine.

At the load PT4 stage though, it often takes quite a few minutes to populate the hands, even longer if click 'all hands' at top left.

Hope you can help, any further information you need, please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Mal.
      I am not quite sure what you mean in the section in bold above. but I can comment on the difference when you select "All Hands".

By default PokerTracker 4 only displays the most recent 100 hands, this allows PokerTracker 4 to perform database queries that are optimised, fewer results needed means better performance. When you select "Show All Hands" then every database query must be performed on all 21,000 hands rather than only 100 hands. Its easiest to explain this if we assign a theoretical time for each hand to load - lets say it takes 10 ms per hand to load. 100 hands should then take 1000 ms, or 1 second. But 24,000 hands could therefore take 240,000 ms = 4 minutes. Of course these numbers are not accurate, but it does help to convey the concept.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Thank you very much sir, most helpful.

That would be my problem then most likely so I'll just leave 'most recent 100'.

Mal.