PT4 info

• 5 replies
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by benaars
      Hello,

I wanted to perhaps try out PT4 instead of HM2, and therefore I am wondering if PT4 supports PKR software?
      PKR's Terms of Service appear to not allow HUDs. We met with the founder of PKR last year to ask him if he would clarify the Terms of Service at which time he expressed that PKR doesn't wish to allow third party software to integrate with their network. He was not that aware about our end of the industry and was very interested in discussing with us again in the future so he can learn more. I would say that this door is closed for the time being, but there is always the possibility that it can be re-opened in the future. Jez (the founder) appears to have an open mind and honestly wanted to learn more. He was aware that the majority of his competitors allow our services, but he was honest when he explained that he knew very little about the benefits but it was something that interested him to learn more about. Perhaps someday...

At this time to remain in compliance with the PKR terms of service we would advise against using any third party applications to enable a HUD on PKR. (It's been some time since I last looked at the PKR TOS, this advice however remains in place based on our discussions with Jez).
    • benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      Hey Pokertracker,

Well as far as I know PKR only allows a HUD if you are playing on 1 MTT/STT (so if you are playing like 4 they won't show correctly) and on as many tables as you wish for cash games. I am used to playing without HUD mainly, so I wanted to know does PT4 support PKR hand-history and everything so that I could to a session review etc.?
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by benaars
      Hey Pokertracker,

Well as far as I know PKR only allows a HUD if you are playing on 1 MTT/STT (so if you are playing like 4 they won't show correctly) and on as many tables as you wish for cash games.
      Sorry to share bad news, but PKR management disagrees with you - we know because they have told this to us face to face. There are some companies that have provided a HUD for PKR, but they are breaking the terms. We never break the terms of service, our goal is to remain a positive contributor to the poker ecology at all times.

The number of tables is not due to being allowed or not, it is a technological restriction. Tournament tables at PKR do not provide a unique ID, which makes it very hard for a HUD to appear at more than one table at the same time but that is not an issue with PKR cash games. We actually do know how to add a HUD to PKR, the code was already developed a long time ago - but that was abandoned due to the TOS issue.
    • benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      What about looking on HUD not directly from the table? On HM2 there is a function that you can quickly open the previous hand through replayer so you can see the HUD there. Is that forbidden too?
      I was wondering if PT4 does have similar function like that? And what about hand-history, can I look at my session through PT4? I have some serious lags with HM2 lately... can't take it anymore
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      I'm sorry, but we have already answered this question. If you have further issues, we suggest you take it up with PKR. We are only following the rules - therefore PKR is not supported.