Beginning to crack it

• Craigsy633
      Craigsy633
      Bronze
      I am still lurking around the microstakes and pretty much treading water in terms of making money. I have been playing for about 8 months now for a few hours a night, 3 days a week (hence not an addict nor a natural card player).

Few months back decided it was impossible to beat even the entry level but recently came back with more focus and a greater understanding of ranges and player types.

The last week has been great, I feel as if I am making less mistakes. Okay, not making mega bucks ...but its going up more than its going down.

But better than this is that I am thinking and adapting my play depending on the HUD and position. Ye, I know its basic but to me its not a trivial matter, it has transformed my play and it means I am a happier player.

I also find that I am aware of fatigue and walk away before it starts to interfere with my play.

Will keep grinding to ensure its not just luck

:s_biggrin:
  • 1 reply
    • Penguinthief
      Penguinthief
      Bronze
      Good luck man, I'm going through the same. Walking away when off my A-game, even just for a quick drink or something, has improved my game massively. My graphs used to basically go up at 45 degrees, stall for a bit, then drop down almost vertically. Now when I make a stupid play, I just sit out and chill for 5 minutes.

As for HUDs, thats another thing I'm getting used to, and it's helping alot.

The main thing that's helping me though, is just playing sensibly. Playing poker, rather than gambling.

If you want to compare some hands and stuff, feel free to message me and we'll exchange details and help each other with this shit!