Tie SPs to VIP points, not $/€ of rake, please!

• tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Dear Pokerstrategy!

Top100 standings rely on rake reports from numerous rooms, and when even one of them loses or misreports rake stats to you, players from all the participating rooms might suffer.

While it's vital to keep the race fair, it's also important for customer satisfaction to avoid delays in race payouts.

Because €/£ exchange rates for $ are fluctuating, allocation of Strategy Points now alas heavily relies on revenue reports sent to you. While the revenue share you're getting is important and the reason why your promotions exist at all, the process of sorting out short-term debts of poker rooms to you ideally shouldn't affect the users that were playing in the disputed periods.

I think that a simple way to avoid such issues is allocation of SPs for iPoker play basing not on $/€ of rake, but on the VIP points of the respective room, like it's currently done with Pokerstars. E.g. the rates could be fixed at 1 SP per 2 Ladbrokes status points or 6 Betfair status points.

This way, in case the affiliate software of some room breaks down, Pokerstrategy will be able to easily retrieve VIP point stats of at least its top rakers (influencing Top100 standings) and pay out Top100 earnings on time because the server software responsible for VIP programs is generally more robust.

Personally, I'm not taking part in the Top100 yet, but after an upcoming emigration to the Balkans, I'll alas have a limited choice of iPoker rooms and be forced to create a Betfair account. Robustness of SP allocation will be a major factor in choosing you as an affiliate to Betfair.

Thanks for understanding!
  • 5 replies
    • pappadjango
      pappadjango
      Bronze
      .[Edited by HollyMichelle - Not going to allow that]
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      For specifically Betfair, Pokerstrategy is optimal in terms of cashback % ;)
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Gold
      Hey tonypmm,

Thanks for your post and feedback. I will pass this on as this goes well over my jurisdiction :)

Enjoy your weekend.

Gary
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi tonypmm,

we do rely on the reports based on players' rake indeed. The reason why we don't use VIP points for calculating StrategyPoints is that - points can be based on multipliers. This of course depends on the poker room but overall it would not be an accurate factor for conversion (PokerStars being an exception here). Also, for the internal processes and updating the StrategyPoints in a timely manner, we have adopted one way of operating instead of creating different processes for different partners. :)

Regarding the Top100 promotion, keeping in mind our customer's satisfaction, whenever the full report is missing, we tend to assign the reward to the player.

Hope that clarifies.

Regards,
      Marta
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Thank you for the explanation, Marta, I admire your politeness to all members!