This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Range to defend/re-steal in BB vs BTN/SB steal

• stttNNN
      stttNNN
      Bronze
      Hi guys! :f_love:

as topic says I need help with my defend/re-steal strategy in BB vs BTN/SB steal. I pretty much play against same regulars every day and there is one special reg that I have problem against so I will put him for an example here.

he steals from BTN 3.5x as standard and he opens exactly 32% of his hands from BTN. So what range do you guys think I should defend with in BB to get profit? And when we call and miss the flop(as we will often do) what do we do or try to look for? :)

When we 3bet re-steal him he only folds 15% of the times and he do not 4bet mush so we will pretty mush always get a call. Any thoughts what range we should 3bet re-steal against him? right know I 3bet re-steal this range: 99+,AJs+,KQs,AJo+,KQ

When we get to the flop after 3bet re-stealing he only folds 38% vs my CBet so hi is pretty mush floating me a tone and some times he raises me as well. So it usually goes CB from me OTF and he floats me and then I X/F cause I am lost with ideas how to do when i dont have anything. I have tried to X/R(semi-bluff) sometimes both OTF and OTT and he is pretty mush not folding to that either. My standard CBet size is half-pott OTF and same OTT. Any tips or thoughts here what I should maybe think about or do?

VS steal from SB
      Another spot witch I got problems with is when I am in BB vs his SB steal. When he steals from SB he opens 3x and he is opening 36% of his hands. What defend range do you guys think I should have? Right now I don't have any exactly defend range that I am working with but something like this I usually what I defend my BB with:
      99-22,AJs-A2s,K5s+,Q7s+,J7s+,T7s+,97s+,87s,76s,AJo-A5o,K8o+,Q9o+,J9o+,T9o
      Any thoughts about the defend range here?

when we get to the flop after calling him I don't rely have any ideas how i should play when i miss the flop. I like to float usually vs other players but this reg do not often X/F OTT so i will have a hard time taking the pott down. He is pretty mush not a folding fan as you maybe have recognized now. any thoughts or tips what I maybe should look for in the postflop game when I am IP against this guy?

when we 3bet re-stealing him in BB he is not a folding mush here either. he folds 40% of the times and OTF he do not like to fold either vs my CBet. what range would you 3bet re-steal this guy with in BB? any ideas? I would love to see a full range that you guys think is profitable to 3bet re-steal with. :)

If you guys have any other questions or specific statistic that you might wanna know please tell me and I will fix that!

cheers!
  • 1 reply
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Regarding BB vs Button:

From the detailed information you give, I'd say that you seem to do good versus him when you are in the big blind.
      • He opens 32%. That's way too little. This is auto-profit for you.
      • When you re-steal and he calls, your c-bet of 50% yields 38% fold. This is auto-profit too. (You get 2:1 on your c-bet. If you succeed more than 33% you automatically win.)
      • Add to that the 15% when he folds right away.

What happens beyond the flop is between him and you :)