Shortcut to mark hands

• hitenz
      hitenz
      Bronze
      Hello, is there any possibility to connect action Tag Hand in Progress -> Review with one button (like space or Tab)? This is very hard procces to mark every hand like that.
  • 9 replies
    • AlvisR
      AlvisR
      Bronze
      Left mouse click on Table HUD last hand winners (leftclick exact hand which you would like to mark) and surprise, its marked :)
    • hitenz
      hitenz
      Bronze
      i'm not exactly sure what do you mean - I know how to mark hands (Tag hand in progress->review). Can you write me the fastest way like to 8year old boy (that's my english lvl)? Thanks
    • AlvisR
      AlvisR
      Bronze
      Originally posted by hitenz
      i'm not exactly sure what do you mean - I know how to mark hands (Tag hand in progress->review). Can you write me the fastest way like to 8year old boy (that's my english lvl)? Thanks
      right click on hand you want to analyze and mark with one of tags (i have 1 tag which is named - analyze as you see)

• hitenz
      hitenz
      Bronze
      I think this is HM2, but I'm looking shortcuts for PT4. Thank's for the input thought ;)
    • AlvisR
      AlvisR
      Bronze
      you didnt mention this :pokerface:
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      The thread is in the PT subforum so it was assumed automatically :f_tongue:

I guess the easiest way is just to write an Autohotkey script.

Oh wait, there's actually so much customisation involved here that you'd better learn to write it yourself...

What we're gonna do is to just emulate mouse clicks - on the left half of the PT4 menu, then on the line corresponding to the last hand, then on the 'Review' tag.

The commands needed are Click() and possibly Sleep() (to wait until the menu opens - it does take a while on old computers). With some more advanced programming, we can prevent the clicks from happening if the window is not a poker table.

Anyway, the things to do on this route are:
      1) Installing AHK_L from http://www.autohotkey.com
      2) Reading the newbie manual http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/44040-tutorial-for-newbies/
      3) Measuring the coordinates of the needed points to click at (depending on the HUD layout) using the Autoit Window Spy (embedded into the AHK installation).

I'm an AHK fish myself, e.g. I still can't deal with resized windows without bugs :facepalm: , but I really need to both get better at it and automate marking hands too, so why not do it now.

Adding me in the com tool and Skype will surely speed the process up.

But in the long run, the developers of PT4 should enable such hotkeys themselves, they're really useful in play.

P.S. But according to a thread in PT's own forum, they're not going to do it any soon :facepalm:
    • hitenz
      hitenz
      Bronze
      Oh, did not know that there was idea on their forum about it. This mouse-script clicking is not enought for me, can't work when i'm playing at stack. Anyway, gonna look when they ll add this option.

Thanks and I guess it's everyting in the topic
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      There are third party tools that perform this function, check out ProPokerHuds.com for example. We have always said that this is a function that third parties should perform, that our official policy.
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Originally posted by hitenz
      This mouse-script clicking is not enought for me, can't work when i'm playing at stack.
      I think the script can be made work even when the tables are stacked - AHK can 'memorise' which 'window handle' (number) Windows have given to a certain instance of PT4 HUD (attached to the table that was on top when the hotkey was pressed) and then emulate clicks on the same instance without bringing it to the top. That's if you don't want to use a commercial third-party tool.

Thanks to the rep for hinting at ProPokerHUDs!

Actually, there's a 2+2 poster 'rwbug' who claimed (in PPHUDs' Easy Street support thread) to already have a (slower) AHK for marking hands and switching between HUD profiles.