Proper Table Selection

• jakedamansnake
      jakedamansnake
      Bronze
      I am primarily a SnG player, and table selection for me has not been a big priority. But as i am moving up to higher limits i think it is a good idea to be more aware of this. What is the best way to go about finding the best table selection for a SnG?
  • 7 replies
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi jakedamansnake,

Which buyin are you playing? and on which site?

Some sites and limits don't allow us to table select, due to the high volume of players. Therefore tables fill up too quick to be able look who's playing.

Regards,
      Stiev
    • jakedamansnake
      jakedamansnake
      Bronze
      i am currently playing 20 + 2 9 person SnG at Full Tilt Poker
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      skipping on tournaments with 6+ regulars? I woulden't worry to much about it below 40-50$ buyin sng's.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jakedamansnake
      i am currently playing 20 + 2 9 person SnG at Full Tilt Poker
      Hi,

I've only come across this limit on FT a few times in 1-1 sessions. I was not playing though (dont play SnG on FT).

From what I can remember these SnG's take only a couple of minutes to fill. This makes it hard to know who you will be sitting down with. You can decide not to play if you see several regulars registered. FT is a big site though, and I cant amagine you meet many regulars on this limit.

I wouldn't be to concerned on this limit though. Maybe when you start playing $55's you should look further in to it.

Best regards,
      Stiev
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Silver
      I would recommend using sharkscope to check out any names you see appearing regularly, then make notes based on the information you get there.
      You can do 5 searches per day free or subscribe fairly cheaply.
    • alexete
      alexete
      Bronze
      hi from the spanish comunity! In sharkscope, under "Serach Database" is a section wich name is "Tournament Selector" where you can looking for all the sng tables with all diferent buy-in and choose what has more fishes
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      I can imagine table selection would be usefull in "jackpot" tournaments though, where you get a big fat bonus when you win 5 in a row.