PT4 not finding hands from 888

• Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Hi,

I use PT4 and have found it excellent on Party Poker. I have recently played a few hands on 888 with a view to moving my roll there and PT4 cannot detect my HHs.

I have looked for the file folder that 888 say the HHs are being saved in on my computer but it does not exist.

Can I simply add a folder with the correct file name? Will the HHs be saved there and will PT4 find them?

Anyone had similar issues?

I'm reluctant to commit my roll to 888 if I can't get PT4 working there.

Thanks
  • 9 replies
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Please review the PokerTracker 4 Guide for 888 Hand History importing here: https://www.pokertracker.com/guides/PT4/site-configuration/888-poker-configuration-guide#hand-histories

All the instructions you need for configuring the hand history folder are found inside of this guide. If you enable the hand history folder in 888, the folder will be created automatically. If the folder is not created, please contact 888 for customer support. They can help you solve this problem since it is related to their software, not ours.

Good luck!
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Hi,

thanks for the suggestion. I have already followed the instructions there but the folder that it says the HHs are being saved to does not exist on my computer and PT4 cannot therefore detect them.

I have emailed 888 regarding this but they seem clueless.

I'm open to any other suggestions.
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Do you see this in the Game Settings page in your 888 client? Is a folder populated in the dialog? Is the checkmark checked? Click open folder, what happens?

• Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      I see the screen and the tick mark exactly as shown on your screenshot (the address for the folder is of course slightly different -
      C:\Program Files\PacificPoker\HandHistory)
      but when clicking "open folder" absolutely nothing happens!

This is probably because the folder does not exist on my computer as I said previously.

I have tried going to - C:\Program Files\PacificPoker\

and just adding a "HandHistory" folder but that has not helped.

When I played on 888 previously PT3 found all my HHs but that was on my laptop and I am using a relatively new computer now.
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by Fagin
      I see the screen and the tick mark exactly as shown on your screenshot (the address for the folder is of course slightly different -
      C:\Program Files\PacificPoker\HandHistory)
      but when clicking "open folder" absolutely nothing happens!

This is probably because the folder does not exist on my computer as I said previously.

I have tried going to - C:\Program Files\PacificPoker\

and just adding a "HandHistory" folder but that has not helped.

When I played on 888 previously PT3 found all my HHs but that was on my laptop and I am using a relatively new computer now.
      Look at the difference between our path and the path you provided, it is very different. Try uninstalling 888, restart, then re-install. 888 cannot write to the path you posted, you need to contact them to discuss if reinstalling does not solve your problem.
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Ok,

I have tried that and nothing has changed at all. The filepath stays the same and there is still no folder on my computer - I will get on to 888 again.
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Ok, 3 days and 4 emails from 888 later they have finally found a solution to this -

"I advise that you create you own folder in which you want to save your hand history"

They have not bothered to explain why their software is not doing what it is supposed to do or suggested that they will look into the issue. So much for 888 support.
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Ok, I have just played a few hands on 888 to check this out and having configured PT4 to look in the folder I have created everything seems to be working now. Hands are being collected and the HUD is working and updating as I go.

Happy days!
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Congratulations, happy to hear you have a solution!