[NL2-NL10] AQ offsuit think i folded to a set ?

• pokerafterdark

Full Tilt Poker $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $22.45
      UTG: $10.00
      CO: $13.40
      BTN: $5.40
      SB: $9.05

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with A :spade: Q :heart:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.35, SB calls $0.30, Hero requests TIME, Hero calls $0.25

Flop: ($1.05) A :club: 8 :diamond: 4 :diamond: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.90, Hero raises to $2.30, BTN folds, SB raises to $8.70 all in, Hero requests TIME, Hero folds

When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite.
      Sir Winston Churchill
  • 3 replies
    • TheBrood
      I think I raise pf since BU is prob stealing and SB just called. I dont like call because you are oop postflop.
      Postflop I prob fold too since his shove represents strength: coinflip (AXd), AK, set, maybe even 2pair lol
    • kukkiwonBG
      Raise preflop
      BU is midstacker so you have easy game vs him. If he shoves pf - fold. If he calls on the flop you are going broke OOP. And SB probably has nothing wen he is only calling.

As played folding maybe is good. This is the reason not to cold call preflop with AQo vs. midstack steeler and calling SB :baby:

Best regards,
    • srohack
      preflop is close between raising calling and folding .
      the problem is bu is midstack and he will shove light and you preaty have to call with aq in this situation .
      this is a good setup for a squeeze play . i sugest to do it if you you feel btn opens a wide range there (20%+)
      i think calling is marginal but still a solution because aq is ahead of their ranges . if you call you have to be very secure on your post flop skills and most of the time you call at least two barrels when you hit top pair .
      as played i dont like raising because it will put you in situations like this where you dont know what to do . raise it just if you want to go with it otherwise call flop call turn and probably fold river with no reads