Learning a new format

• sngplayer90
      sngplayer90
      Bronze
      I've started to play 6 max hyper turbos and i'd like some advice on how to learn these games. There is so much that i need to study and learn but i don't know where to start.

For example, if you wanted to get better at icm in these games how would you go about it? I have holdem resources calculator so i can go through different spots. Should i just keep reviewing until the ranges become natural to me?
  • 5 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey sngplayer90,

You would probably be better of using Nash ranges rather than ICM. I feel ICM will be too tight for hyper turbos.

Also I'll move this to our "SitNGo" board where you should get some better advice.

Regards

Laz
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      There is actually a free hyper turbo 6 max coaching tonight featuring JaxTraw and bernardc. Could be worth a look.

You can view more details here

Cheers

Laz
    • sngplayer90
      sngplayer90
      Bronze
      Thanks, ill check that out
    • fred7790
      fred7790
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lazza61
      Hey sngplayer90,

You would probably be better of using Nash ranges rather than ICM. I feel ICM will be too tight for hyper turbos.

Also I'll move this to our "SitNGo" board where you should get some better advice.

Regards

Laz
      Hi,

I thought Nash ranges are optimal plays based on ICM. This post made me feel a little confused. Could you please explain me that.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey fred7790,

ICM is a way to evaluate tournament stack values. This means that ICM will give you a $ value of your equity in the total prizepool based on what action you would take. For me it doesn't have much value until bubble play or laddering ITM

Nash Equilibrium plays are theoretically unexploitable plays. They are not guaranteed to be $Ev or cEv, But you will make money when your opponents deviate from Nash.

These are only my opinions and are not necessarily completely correct. Hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge will clear things up.

Regards

Laz