• KingKas
      KingKas
      Diamond
      Hello, Yes, I'm a wizard!

Am I a wizard?

# Welcome
      # my friend
      # And of course, yes, I'm a wizard

Considering my computer takes 10 seconds to add a filter in HM2, I will try to upload a video of some of my sessions, but can't promise.
  • 65 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Lukas,

Welcome to the blogs. :)

Totally awesome first post. As an Australian I don't doubt the little belly grew when you were here. We have so much wonderful food and of course, beer. :tongue:

People underestimate the importance of health and fitness when it comes to poker. Being fit and healthy gives you more stamina which enables you to maintain concentration and focus for longer periods.

7BBs per 100 hands is a pretty nice win rate over 10k hands, so I'm sure with further study and leak plugging, you'll be able to maintain a decent win rate as you climb the limits.

Looking forward to some awesome updates.

Happy Fishing

Laz
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      glgl
    • KingKas
      KingKas
      Diamond
      Thanks, I hope I can keep my winrate up at higher stakes. And I am 100% certain, by playing well I can easily go over 15bb/100 hands in the long run on NL2. I mean, my Allin-EV is nearly there, and I still make big mistakes. I hope to start playing NL5 soon, and see how it goes there. NL2 is great to fix some leaks, for not too much cost, if my pipes explode and I call the 10x river-shove-overbet -_-

Update Nr.1

It's 12 pm, and I played 1k hands so far. I haven't slept too much, maybe from 3:30 to about 9:00. I feel some hunger since yesterday night, but it's never a good idea to eat at 2am. Despite the bad sleep, I played 500 hands of poker, and I ran well, but have to say I played the top of my game. I played very focused and ended up pretty decent. Then I got sleepy and unconcentrated. I already thought of stopping, but I forced myself to play 1k hands.

The first half was very decent, just played my game. The second half, I was kind of on a high and made some mistakes, called down too much, etc. Hungry brain is bads brain. And here one hand for a smile :)

PokerStars - $0.02 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 98.5 BB (VPIP: 28.57, PFR: 21.43, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 14)
      Hero (SB): 107 BB
      BB: 52 BB (VPIP: 10.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 10)
      UTG: 127 BB (VPIP: 27.27, PFR: 22.73, 3Bet Preflop: 7.69, Hands: 22)
      MP: 141.5 BB (VPIP: 24.32, PFR: 18.92, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 38)
      CO: 99 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 9)

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:spade: K:heart:

fold, MP raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 7 BB, fold, MP raises to 11 BB, Hero raises to 17 BB, MP raises to 23 BB, Hero calls 6 BB

Flop: (47 BB, 2 players) K:club: 6:heart: A:diamond:
      Hero checks, MP bets 22.5 BB, Hero calls 22.5 BB

Turn: (92 BB, 2 players) T:spade:
      Hero checks, MP bets 45 BB, Hero raises to 61.5 BB and is all-in, MP calls 16.5 BB

River: (215 BB, 2 players) 6:diamond:

Hero shows K:spade: K:heart: (Full House, Kings full of Sixes) (Pre 18%, Flop 4%, Turn 2%)
      MP shows A:heart: A:club: (Full House, Aces full of Sixes) (Pre 82%, Flop 96%, Turn 98%)
      MP wins 207.5 BB

Anyway, I had worse. Bad beats and coolers seldom tilt me, I rather tilt when I play bad and make horrible decisions. Especially on NL2, I advise everyone to never bluff. Cbetting is fine, but river bluffs are not profitable. I tried it in this week maybe 5-6 times, and set it up properly, but people just too fishy. Never bluff the fish I guess. Anyways, Mr. fifty, I don't know where you are, but I will acquire special skills, and I will find you and get you.

Week 1 Thursday Session 1+2 graph:

RUNNING HOT WOHO

• KingKas
      KingKas
      Diamond
      Quick update:

Feeling anxious, trying to repeat the great first session. It's actually quite stressful. If I run bad, I feel much better, since I can say "Hey lets show dem bitchz who's king".
      But when I run good, I feel the pressure to be better, or not to lose anything.

Then cooler alarm. I'm the cooler. Am I good, or just lucky. My monthly all-in EV goes closer to my actual green line, but I don't like that. I don't want to get to a higher stake because I am lucky. Anyway, needed a short break after winning 2,5 BI's at the same time, was at 500 hands anyway. I'm allowed to have a short break.

BTN: 334.5 BB (VPIP: 20.21, PFR: 15.96, 3Bet Preflop: 20.59, Hands: 96)
      SB: 108 BB (VPIP: 30.77, PFR: 15.38, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 13)
      Hero (BB): 105 BB
      UTG: 105 BB (VPIP: 21.88, PFR: 6.25, 3Bet Preflop: 5.88, Hands: 35)
      MP: 117.5 BB (VPIP: 16.67, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 6)
      CO: 103 BB (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 4)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:spade: K:club:

fold, fold, CO raises to 3 BB, fold, SB raises to 9 BB, Hero calls 8 BB, CO calls 6 BB

Flop: (27 BB, 3 players) 9:club: 2:heart: Q:club:
      SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: (27 BB, 3 players) 7:heart:
      SB bets 15 BB, Hero raises to 30 BB, fold, SB raises to 99 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 66 BB and is all-in

River: (219 BB, 2 players) K:heart:

SB shows Q:spade: Q:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Queens) (Pre 18%, Flop 86%, Turn 95%)
      Hero shows K:spade: K:club: (Three of a Kind, Kings) (Pre 82%, Flop 14%, Turn 5%)
      Hero wins 211.5 BB

And this is how I felt
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Lukas,

I know exactly how you feel. It's called "Results Oriented". I used to have this overwhelming desire to protect a winning session rather than try to increase it. You have to try and put the money out of your mind and just concentrate on making good decisions.

Absolutely nothing wrong with your allin Ev being close to your green line. That's where it should be.

Happy Fishing

Laz
    • Kooort
      Kooort
      Black
      Hey KingKas,

where in HK do u live? Do u play football?
    • KingKas
      KingKas
      Diamond
      Hello fellow readers, hello Lazza (you get a special place here, since you are probably the only reader :D )

Hey Kooort, I live in Hang Hau. I don't play football :( I used to play Handball :D I'm one of the other Europeans xD . How about you? Are you from HK, and what kind of poker do you play? Ever played in Macau?

### I am still looking for a learning group! Please message me or let me know here, if you interested or know a group I could join !!!! :) ) ###

It's 11:33 pm here, I am a tiny little bit short on volume (even though I don't have a special limit, I kind of played 3x a day 1000 hands each). I played 2,8k hands today, and ran pretty pretty damn good. There were some bad beats, in my or villains favour. But no tilt here (I'm so proud), I even laughed when I lost :D Then I reshipped the flop twice with AKs on FD low board and ran into Aces, but cracked it. Vs JJ+ I had 50%, so I think it was fine. All in all, my Allin-ev is a tiny little bit under the green, but today they kept kissing each other :o. So I kinda luckbolted more today, recovering from the previous days. ^.^

Guys, I have reached the first goal (kinda, I cleared the rest of the 10$ rakeback :P ) My bankroll is: 55,76$

Graph here:

My next goal is obviously 100$ and then the switch to NL5. Or should I switch earlier, take some shots? I'm not really sure, how to plan the next week. What are reasonable but difficult goals? 150$ and playing NL5? I still will use the weekend to play and probably rest on Monday. Since weekends are better to play poker I guess :o.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2800 hands, a lot has happened there :O . I just give you some impressions, of how my day went.

Hand 1 - Me: "Yeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaa" She: "Nope"

BTN: 100 BB (VPIP: 28.57, PFR: 14.29, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 7)
      SB: 104.5 BB (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 33.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 3)
      BB: 100 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 4)
      UTG: 102 BB (VPIP: 6.67, PFR: 6.67, 3Bet Preflop: 4.76, Hands: 63)
      Hero (MP): 100 BB
      CO: 113 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 5:heart: 6:heart:

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, CO calls 3 BB, fold, SB calls 2.5 BB, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (12 BB, 4 players) 7:diamond: 8:spade: 9:club:
      SB bets 1 BB, BB calls 1 BB, Hero raises to 7 BB, CO calls 7 BB, SB raises to 13 BB, fold, Hero raises to 97 BB and is all-in, fold, SB calls 84 BB

Turn: (214 BB, 2 players) 3:heart:

River: (214 BB, 2 players) 3:diamond:

SB shows 7:club: 7:heart: (Full House, Sevens full of Threes) (Pre 82%, Flop 36%, Turn 23%)
      Hero mucks 5:heart: 6:heart: (Straight, Nine High) (Pre 18%, Flop 64%, Turn 77%)
      SB wins 206.5 BB

Hand 2 - She :s_cool: : "Yeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaa" Me :f_eek: : "Nope"

[SPOILER][b]PokerStars - $0.02 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

BTN: 334.5 BB (VPIP: 20.21, PFR: 15.96, 3Bet Preflop: 20.59, Hands: 96)
      SB: 108 BB (VPIP: 30.77, PFR: 15.38, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 13)
      Hero (BB): 105 BB
      UTG: 105 BB (VPIP: 21.88, PFR: 6.25, 3Bet Preflop: 5.88, Hands: 35)
      MP: 117.5 BB (VPIP: 16.67, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 6)
      CO: 103 BB (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 4)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:spade: K:club:

fold, fold, CO raises to 3 BB, fold, SB raises to 9 BB, Hero calls 8 BB, CO calls 6 BB

Flop: (27 BB, 3 players) 9:club: 2:heart: Q:club:
      SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: (27 BB, 3 players) 7:heart:
      SB bets 15 BB, Hero raises to 30 BB, fold, SB raises to 99 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 66 BB and is all-in

River: (219 BB, 2 players) K:heart:

SB shows Q:spade: Q:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Queens) (Pre 18%, Flop 86%, Turn 95%)
      Hero shows K:spade: K:club: (Three of a Kind, Kings) (Pre 82%, Flop 14%, Turn 5%)
      Hero wins 211.5 BB

[/SPOILER]
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Lukas,

Check out our Learning to Win board. This is where the skype groups live.

Cheers

Laz
    • Kooort
      Kooort
      Black
    • KingKas
      KingKas
      Diamond
      @Kooort

Woa, Germans in HK. How can you stay here? And what's your occupation. :o

Quick update:

I am awake since 7 AM, with about 4 to 5 hours of sleep. Feeling a little dizzy, but couldn't sleep more, so I just started playing a session, after having some sushi for breakfast. So what have I learnt so far today?

#4bet bluffs and barrels do not work in NL2
      #Zoom tables are way more competent than normal tables

Yesterday, inspired by some others from this forum, I tried to improve my game. One of my biggest leaks is probably my Ft3b and 4b stat. I try to adjust slightly, since previously I did defend rather tight. Well, I hope w34z3l's part 5 is gonna help me out there. Waiting for it. For now, I don't need 4bet bluffs really.

2210 hands today.

The first 1,2k hands, very bad. I tried to adjust my game a little, but it backfired. Tried stacking off with TPTK, ended up vs a turned set twice in the first 200 hands.
      Anyways, danced around -150BB for a while. Sat down at 6 normal tables, but quit very quickly. Because my hud didn't want to be disabled, so everything was hidden and bugged, and then I barreled twice on AKJs Ts and got called by J4o (so fishy there though :) ). Zoom is more comfy, and the win rate is fine :P .

I thought about ending the session here, I was so tired, and I thought I deserve a break. But no, I don't. At least I would need to end up with profit.

The last 1k hands, just normal style. Got the +profit rather quickly, but didn't want to stop until the yellow line is +ego.

So right now, I had my lunch, now it's time to go swimming and later we go to a ballet. Don't know if I will like it, but I will go watch it once ^.^

Dress code is lounge suit, or as I say, short pants and flip flops.

This is ma day off, ready to work tomorrow and sunday ^.^. I need to improve my preflop game, I want to be set in PF, so I can focus on postflop decisions. Hopefully I figure out, how to properly set up 3bet / 4bet ranges.

Peace out,
      Mr Lounge suit
    • KingKas
      KingKas
      Diamond
      Quick update:

Week 1, Sunday:

I was very worried, not to be working on my game. So I tried to mix it up, thinking I was good before. It did not work out, trying to 3bet lighter and defending more just cracked me like an egg and my winnings started drizzling away. I ended up on tilt, and lost 6 buyins very quickly, as you do in tilt. Because the tilted as never any money worries. I usually slept 5-7 hours each day this weak, except I think Thursday to Friday night, which ended up about 3,5 hours only. So, at the end of Friday, I played kinda bad, just going up and down. Sleep is important, and so is food. The whole Saturday morning I just pressed random buttons and ended breakeven, with a grumpy stomach yelling for food. After lunch, going up baby! Then, trying new (old fishy) more aggro styles, ending in tilt I lost everything very quickly.

Playing poker is stressful, if you set yourself goals. It's good, but it's hard to cope with, if you feel like you're unlucky. And then you should review your hands. When I came home from dinner, being at a total of -9bbs / 3,5k hands. Totally one of the most unsatisfying feelings, especially running 5$ over EV. Getting lucky to suck breakeven, Cucumber that feces (I don't like swearing, if I can avoid it). So all I did to realize I didn't run bad, was looking at all the worst losses. OMG, I actually said that, same for the repeated question: "How can you do that?????!?!?!?"

Week 1, Goal 2, Set on Friday night making it breakeven:

# 100$ Bankroll until Monday

So not only was I stressed, I doubled my weekly challenge on Friday night, being half way through and wanted to get ready to play NL5, and started overthinking everything. At dinner time, my girlfriend just told me to stop and go to eat, take some time off and play afterwards. Then I just changed back to my old strategy. That' all I needed. Only playing bad tilts me, not getting coolered. I started the after lunch session with flopped set of tens, vs set of queens. And lost my whole stack (you will see a big drop directly at the beginning.) But I didn't stop me, only playing bad, making stupid things makes me feel bad. I think, in the point I have a good attitude (at least, maybe!) Strategywise, maybe it's time to reveal it, since it works quite well:

I have a piece of old envelope in front of me, saying:

"DON'T BLUFF
      DON'T CALL RIVER SHOVES *
      VALUE BET ALWAYS
      WEAK HANDS = CHECK RIVER"

NL2 zoomers, I'm ready to get exploited xD
      *except people who read this thread, call rivershoves light! :D

What have I learnt?

# All-in EV is sometimes very inaccurate *
      # Don't feel pressured, to change your style. Just play good.
      # Studying is important, but so is playing **

* I am not going to say, yesterday was because I ran bad. But the all-in graph has it's leaks, so don't take it too serious (I won't post a crybaby hand or example ^.^, no whining here, it's man up time!)

** Don't force yourself in reading something, you won't absorb. Find a series (like w34z3l's) and then just work with it. Watch one video, play A LOT. Watch another, PLAY A LOT. Implement those things into your game, get a solid basis. Then you will know much easier, WHAT you need to learn, WHERE are your HUGE leaks (huge leaks can be identified by everyone, e.g. yesterday tilt session: 0% after river call GG !! :o)

And now my yesterday's graph:

• KingKas
      KingKas
      Diamond
      Week 2, Day 1 - I have a day off!:

Hey guys, it's my day off. I already played 700 hands though, but I am not playing my normal 3 sessions. So it's kind of poker free.

My last week's challenge has been half achieved. I got the 50$ bankroll, even excluding the 10$ rakeback I have finished, which was at 95% when I started my blog. Then, challenge number 2, didn't go so well. I tried to grind the weekend from 50$ to 100$, but it didn't work out.

I got the flu, and could barely play properly on saturday, and sunday I decided to take shots at NL5 nonetheless. I thought about posting my two coolers now, but nope. I won't. Everyone has seen them, everyone has felt them. But I know for sure, they hurt 10x more, when you are taking shots at a higher limit, with a small BR :D (Tiltdanger!!!).

I ended up 8$ in minus, but 4$ +EV. Many coolers, and all-ins I didn't win.

Current Bankroll: 71,90$

Graph from Week 1, Sunday :)

Week 2, Goals:

# 200$ Bankroll
      # Change to NL5
      # Beat NL5
    • superstarw0lf
      superstarw0lf
      Bronze
      how many tables you play ?
    • KingKas
      KingKas
      Diamond
      1-3 Zoom tables.

3, when I'm grinding, and 1-2 when trying to implement something or work on something.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Week 2, Friday.

Volume so far: Few hundred hands for fun on ipad at PLO
      Bankroll: 61$

My feeling, still horrible.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why didn't I play?

Yes, I got some issues. I never was able to take pills, because I have something like a mental disorder, which makes me feel like my throat is super tiny.
      Then, after one normal dinner, my throat suddenly started swelling. So first, normal, I have the flu, but then my girlfriend decided to calm me down, we'll go to the doctor. He said: "You're fine!". He really didn't say much more. Got me some pills (four of a kind, vs swelling etc.)

Went fine for two days, but the last evening on Monday, was just about to take the 3rd pill before bed, which was triangular. Who the holy ballsack makes a triangular pill. Anyway, this pill got stuck in my throat, and now combined with my mental issue evolved into a panic attack. I started coughing, trying to get that feeling away. I threw myself on the floor (dude, I had a panic attack, I hate everything around my throat, when I was little I saw someone nearly choke to death, since then I'm a little weird about this stuff), caughing and trying to throw up I guess.

At the end, I caughed up some blood (which came from the throat, and not the lungs I think, but which didn't help the panic whatsoever). My girlfriend's father tried to help me by getting the pill out, but my have injured me or my caughing might have injured my throat. So that night, we went to the hospital, and I looked horrible for real. The sick people in there looked at me like an alien. My face caterpillars were all broken, so it was reddish blue around the eye and nose area, while my eyes were deep red. Waiting time was about 4 hours to see a doctor, so we decided to jump the line and go to the nurses for a second, they looked at me and said: "He's fine, just keep drinking water, and never try to use your finger to throw up!!"

So went back home, next day to the doctor, for different medicine. This time I got some children medicine (I love it), something likes some syrup. I have not eaten much since, food:medicine ratio probably 1:1.

I don't feel well, but at least I started working on w34z3l's cbetting series.

On the other hand, poker wise, I really need some advise. It's something mental. I know I can play well, but sometimes I am afraid, that I will play bad. I know what to do, but just ignore it and play auto mode. That I play, make decisions, try to make good ones, but I'm guided by another brain or something, because those decisions are all crap. And nothing I would usually play. Maybe I'm crazy.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Lukas,

Hope you are feeling better soon. I've never heard of triangular pills before. It's hard to see what benefit there is in that.

You need to block that from your mind and just concentrate on making good decisions. Is this a good play in this spot? Is this play +Ev. I know it's hard. I still struggle with it myself. :f_biggrin:

Regards

Laz
    • KingKas
      KingKas
      Diamond
      Thanks, I appreciate it. I think I'm doing somewhat better already, but still not really fit to easily play the sessions. I take many breaks.

I think, the only benefit of triangular pills is, I know now I will never ever take them again. :)
    • DonDonko
      DonDonko
      Bronze
      Hey man. Nice blog. Can really identify with your mindset, struggling with the very same things myself, so be interesting to see how you manage.
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      Hey Kas,

Accepted you in the community tool and sent you my Skype name. We have a bit of a group going
    • KingKas
      KingKas
      Diamond
      I am finally back. After 2 long weeks of being sick, I am hopefully on a good way to recover. I finally kind of can eat solid food again, which wasn't that easy for me. I have big fears of my throat, I HATE swallowing pills, so once a pill got stuck in my throat, I coughed so hard out of panic, that my eyes were red and my face was blue. At that time, I must've damaged something in my throat, so that it now still feels like, as if there's a lump stuck in there, which makes it hard for me to relax to eat. Overall, I really have pushed my poor girlfriend to her limits, she was so worried. But in the end, I think I really needed to be sick. It gave me lots of time to think, about poker and especially about me. I haven't figured out yet, what to do with it though, but I hope for the best.

Additionally though, yesterday, when I wanted to play my first session again, my laptop finally has given up, so that now, I am forced to play on a 2gb ram stone old computer, without my database/pokertracker4, since it doesn't work on this on at the moment.

And I had my ranges nicely entered in the Equilab, all gone now. It sucks. But I am not too sad, I don't really need a hud, but the tracking is really being missed. It's hard to keep track, if you're winning, losing, doing good, etc. if you just play.

[U]Goals June:[/U]

#Get gold on ps.com this month! I want to watch the nice gold videos :)
      #Get to NL10, ready up for NL25 (I need to make a jump -_-)
      #Use the skype group - ask others to watch me play - watch them play - discuss !

Well, I'll keep you uptodate!