$3.50 SnG stats

• jsmith17
      jsmith17
      Basic
      Hi guys i'm new to the forum, just looking for some advice.

I've currently playing $3.50 9-man SnG's and looking to fix some leaks, Take a look at my stats

ITM - 45%

1st - 12%
      2nd - 18%
      3rd - 15%

VPIP/PFR at various stages:

7-9man - 9.5/7.5
      5-6man - 14.3/12.5
      Bubble - 19/17.1
      3-man - 24.7/21
      HU - 36/31

I feel like my ITM% is fine but I'm trying to skew my results towards more 1st's. So do you guys think I'm playing too tight at any stage?

Cheers
  • 3 replies
    • kukkakeppi
      kukkakeppi
      Bronze
      I have a hard time believing anyone will be able to make any really strong suggestions just based on these stats. It depends e.g. on stack dynamics at the bubble how much you should play. I strongly suggest you post some hands into the hand evaluation section for further analysis, that is a much more realistic way to fix leaks in my opinion. Furthermore, if you are slightly in doubt e.g. how to play on the bubble or think you might play a bit too tight there, it is a really good idea to watch some SNG videos in the videos section, many of them have really really good advice for different stages. Alternatively you can join in on a live coaching session and post some questions there to the coaches.
    • biogas
      biogas
      Gold
      Well you definitely are too tight. While in early stages it's ok'ish but 36 pfr HU its way too tight. E.g. 60pfr HU is normal vs wide 3betor, whilst vs some1 like you I would open raise any 2 cards. So work on loosing up ur game, study nash range's as those are very wide in some spots.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by jsmith17
      Hi guys i'm new to the forum, just looking for some advice.
      Hi, jsmith17

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com !

While you're checking out all that is available here, don't miss the free money page on which you'll find several offers you can take advantage of. Once you choose your offer, and sign up with the poker room your status will become bronze.

At that point, you'll have access to a wealth of material on SnGs

Best of luck,
      --VS