stealing blinds

• dubejoviceM
      dubejoviceM
      Bronze
      Hey guys. I have one question about stealing blinds in SNG. When do you start to steal the blinds? Should I start that when antes come or just with 15-20bb deep and with blinds 50/100....when do you start stealing the blinds? thx
  • 2 replies
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, dubejoviceM!

First, can you specify what SnGs we r talking about? In 6-max game the importance of stealing the blinds is higher than the one in full ring games, because blind hits us more often so need to make it up by stealing them more often as well. Also, it depends highly on your position, on the opponents that are in the blinds. And a few other factors as well-like game flow, ICM stack set up, reads. To give you and example-my range from the BTN will be much looser on average than the one on the CO.

If you wait for blinds to get down for u start stealing them, you are loosing quite a lot of value. Vs fishes that call a lot-I will structure my range mostly with suited hands that have good playability post. Vs some medium aggro opponents-you can raise more blocker hand such as Ax and Kx.

It's a very big topic to summarize it in one respond. So if I try to make it shortly, my answer will be-steal often, but steal wise. Usually that comes with experience.

Best of luck!
    • WpIoNker
      WpIoNker
      Bronze
      In bubble period, but also if you see weak player