Database update PT 4.11

• NijeVaznoKoSam
      NijeVaznoKoSam
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

as you probably noticed there is a huge update for PT4 out since today.
      After download and installing now my database is updating... already 5h...
      unfortunately there is no progresswindow or something where i can see what progress i already made with this update... :f_frown:

So my question is now: how long it will take a 6gb database to update???? I am quite sure not 5 hours... i just do not trust to touch anything until i am not sure, something is already wrong...

thx for help in advance

NVKS
  • 23 replies
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      8gb, and around 7 hours.

Probably nothing is wrong.

If you have pokertracker on a sata drive instead of a ssd disc, it might take 10x as long.
    • dragoste
      dragoste
      Bronze
      Yeah, I've 3,5~GB on SATA.
      So... I killed the process after >20hours. Then unlinked old archive database (most of the space) from PT4 and updated only the new one that I started recently.

It's kinda strange. Maybe I will update old database when I leave for a week on holiday or smth. :rolleyes:
    • NijeVaznoKoSam
      NijeVaznoKoSam
      Bronze
      thx guys,

i managed to finish the database update after 8,5 hours...

i am quite happy that this is done finally :D

NVKS
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by dragoste
      Yeah, I've 3,5~GB on SATA.
      So... I killed the process after >20hours. Then unlinked old archive database (most of the space) from PT4 and updated only the new one that I started recently.

It's kinda strange. Maybe I will update old database when I leave for a week on holiday or smth. :rolleyes:
      a 7200RPM SATA drive is our minimum requirement, we highly advise using SSD drives whenever possible.

Killing the process will force you to manually perform the update. Please select Database > Database Maintenance > Rebuild Cache > Full Cache Rebuild. PokerTracker 4 will not work properly until this is done.

As for the other databases your disconnected, we advise you update them before the next major point revision of PokerTracker 4 is released. We check to make sure there is backwards compatibility for the previous release only, so for example we cannot guarantee database update compatibility if you upgrade from 4.5 to 4.11. When that occurs, its best to just start with a new database and then import all of your old hand data.

PS: When you posted the 20 hour comment, the 4.11 release was not yet 20 hours old ;-)
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by NijeVaznoKoSam
      thx guys,

i managed to finish the database update after 8,5 hours...

i am quite happy that this is done finally :D

NVKS
      Users who have completed the update and do not have any malformed custom stats are reporting big improvements in HUD and report response times, this was a major change in the way we manage data, its a huge move forward in the right direction to plan for the future.
    • dragoste
      dragoste
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PokerTracker
      a 7200RPM SATA drive is our minimum requirement, we highly advise using SSD drives whenever possible.
      Yes, it is 7200RPM SATA.

Killing the process will force you to manually perform the update. Please select Database > Database Maintenance > Rebuild Cache > Full Cache Rebuild. PokerTracker 4 will not work properly until this is done.
      No, it didn't forced me to do it manually. It asked me about it on every next restart of PT4 until I actually did it.

As for the other databases your disconnected, we advise you update them before the next major point revision of PokerTracker 4 is released. We check to make sure there is backwards compatibility for the previous release only, so for example we cannot guarantee database update compatibility if you upgrade from 4.5 to 4.11. When that occurs, its best to just start with a new database and then import all of your old hand data.
      Maybe my problem was, that I updated PT4 from 4.09 version and not 4.10, since I didn't play poker for a while. Anyway I don't think if I need the old database. I had a quite long break from poker.

PS: When you posted the 20 hour comment, the 4.11 release was not yet 20 hours old ;-)
      Yes it was - it had to be, really. ;-) I installed it and run the update. Then I let it work for whole night and next day till 6pm, when I came back from work.
    • NijeVaznoKoSam
      NijeVaznoKoSam
      Bronze
      @pokertracker: tyvm for your response

greetings NVKS
    • Lacas84
      Lacas84
      Bronze
      Hi,

I already wrote 3 time on my pt account about this and still no answer.
      So I will post it here as well.

Since I updated pt4 to version 4.11 it does not import properly. At 20 tables it sptops showing hud as well, but shows hud at 13 tables. I manually reimproted tournamets by downloading from pokerstars but it says 0 imported and shows the number of duplicates.
      Before update everything was fine even at 20 tables.
      And yes I let the database update finnish without any problems.

That was the firs one.
      Here is the 2nd.

updated to 4.11.1 and still the same. It is weekend now and want to play. PLEASE SOLVE THIS!!!

And here is the 3rd.

Are you guys going to ignore my letters????
      I would appriciate a reply of some kind.
      Also tried to restore my database to the state before the update but it still says version 4.11.1 and i still can not play. Hud just disappears and dispite i have all the TS and HH from pokerstars, not all the games shows in reports.

I hope I will get an answer here and maybe a resolution as well.
      THX!
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      YOU CANNOT REVERT TO A PREVIOUS VERSION ONCE A DATABASE HAS BEEN UPDATED!

Please restart your computer. Then install PokerTracker 4.11.2. Now run PT4 and click Database > Database Management > Rebuild Cache > Full Cache Rebuild.

PS: In the future it would help if you posted your ticket number, rather than the text of your ticket. The text tells us very little, we need to see your logs to understand what we are dealing with.
    • Lacas84
      Lacas84
      Bronze
      ok thx!

will update to 4.11.2 right now , rebuild cache and see what happens. let you know if it hepled.
    • Lacas84
      Lacas84
      Bronze
      hi,

i played 36 games same thing happend, hud disappears and doesnt show the right number of games in reports. it might be even worse now since evrey time a press refress button it shows different resulst like number of tournaments firs 22 then 18 then 32 the 16 now it stayed at 16. it is really strange.
      Btw, here is my ticket number: Support Ticket #152361
      im gonna sent pt logs via pt web page.
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by Lacas84
      hi,

i played 36 games same thing happend, hud disappears and doesnt show the right number of games in reports. it might be even worse now since evrey time a press refress button it shows different resulst like number of tournaments firs 22 then 18 then 32 the 16 now it stayed at 16. it is really strange.
      Btw, here is my ticket number: Support Ticket #152361
      im gonna sent pt logs via pt web page.
      Thank you, we have sent a few responses to you already - help is on the way.
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      PokerTracker 4.11.3 - OUT NOW!

Release Notes - May 27, 2014

ATTENTION Users Upgrading From 4.11 or Newer
      A database cache rebuild is suggested and will improve import speed. If you have experienced slow imports in earlier 4.11 releases then you must rebuild your entire database cache via Database -> Database Management, select your active database then click the 'Rebuild Cache' button and select 'Full Cache Rebuild'.

ATTENTION Users Upgrading From 4.10.9 or Below
      A database update is required after installing PokerTracker 4.11.x for the first time, please allow this update to be completed. If you have a large database and you have not previous updated your database for compatibility with PokerTracker 4.11 then please postpone installation of 4.11.3 until your session is complete to avoid interfering with your playing schedule. Please be aware that if this database update is canceled or bypassed PokerTracker 4.11.3 will not work properly until a cache rebuild is manually executed.

This incremental update addresses fixes the bug introduced in 4.11 causing slow import speeds for certain users. If you are still experiencing a HUD that lags behind then you most likely have a custom statistic that is not optimized and needs to be optimized or removed.

For a complete list of revisions in this release, please review the PokerTracker 4.11, 4.11.1 and 4.11.2 Release Notes.

Fixed:
      • Cache Update: Embed the id_hand select query into the main player select query; optimizes the two into one query for the query planner
      • Import: Party: New "Invalid Raise" import error for this hand in v4.11.1
      • Import: Prevent replicate "please register" messages for unsupported game types
      • Stats: improve checking for embedded queries in stat columns
      • Stats: Error in "Probe Total" description - mentions flop
      • GTech2: Import: .log files not working in auto-import
    • NijeVaznoKoSam
      NijeVaznoKoSam
      Bronze
      I made an database update with 4.11 update... is it needfull to update my database now again?

Edit: I guess I get it now... sometimes reading is easiest way to avoid stupid questions... :D
    • NijeVaznoKoSam
      NijeVaznoKoSam
      Bronze
      Since last update my PT v4.11.8 is really slow while importing and the result is that is makes almost impossible to open more then 6 tables. I have the feeling it get every day worst and worst. Is there something to fix it?

Would an Database cache rebuild help? I hope I can avoid it, because it would need more then 8 hours for me...

greetings NVKS
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by NijeVaznoKoSam
      Since last update my PT v4.11.8 is really slow while importing and the result is that is makes almost impossible to open more then 6 tables. I have the feeling it get every day worst and worst. Is there something to fix it?

Would an Database cache rebuild help? I hope I can avoid it, because it would need more then 8 hours for me...

greetings NVKS
      First upgrade to PokerTracker 4.11.9 please before proceeding.

Next our website and create a support ticket. Attach logs from a session from where you played and this occurred. Our staff will review your logs and give you guidance how to proceed. Typically the end result will be rebuilding your cache but there may be other steps that we take as well to improve your experience. Please follow these instructions for submitting a Support Ticket.

We are finding that the some users who have the same problem as you while using our most recent releases might have older computers which do not meet our minimum requirements, please also review our minimum requirements before proceeding. Keep in mind the minimum requirements do not provide optimal results, but it will work. https://www.pokertracker.com/faq/PT4#Minimum_Requirements
    • pausol
      pausol
      Bronze
      hello, after upgrading pt4 did the update database but it takes more than 60 hours and did not finish, I do?

sorry for the bad english
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Do you know, roughly, how large the database is?
    • pausol
      pausol
      Bronze
      I do not know, now I've stopped after waiting more than 3 days, the hud does not work so I put that q cache, hopefully not another 3 days later