Time To Wake Up ! - HU Blog -

• pufarine
      pufarine
      Bronze
      Hey guys !

Greetings from Romania ! :D

My name is Alex, I`m a 24 yo student and I live to play poker !
      First memory I have about poker is about 8-9 year ago, somewhere at a hotel with my mates during a highschool trip in the mountains. I remember seing them all wasted and acting like mafia mobs, throwing with money ( 2$ BY cash game lol ) all over around, and I was instantly hooked ! -- ofcourse I lost almost all my money, but the thrill .... that thrill was fucking better then anything I have ever tasted, felt it or smell it untill that moment !!! It was the supreme shit !!!

In not time I was playing all the freerolls I could find. The finals were few weeks ahead, and I was playing online poker forgetting about finals.
      Highschool ended,( I finished wih 9 out of 10 :D ) college came and I went in different town, leaving my parents, and making a new fresh start.

Notable events since I started college:

- In 2011, I got 1.6k in a mtt ( I was a fish with hopes back then :P )
      After that I moved from college campus into an apartment with one grinder dude and 2 other dudes.

- I started grinding HU on stars and make decent profit but not a single moment of studying poker.

- In 2013, I moved with an full time IT dude, who grinds as a part time.

- 2 months after that I switched on william hill to use my afiliate advantages

- Now I grind 20e-30e HUSNG with no clue what bankroll management is... lol

So why am I opening this blog ?
      Well, I ve been bloggin on romanian comunity from the start of 2013 and now I contacted Gordon for a coaching oportunity and my first task is to start a blog and keep it updated by posting every single day, with no exception !

Some things that you should or u shouldn t expect from this blog...

- I don t use hud, so by the end of these 60 days I want to learn about it
      - I hate blogs where there is only poker discussion ! I will tell you stories about my life, I like TED discutions and that kind of discutions, so I will personalize this blog with all kind of mottos and things that I consider good for improving.
      - I am about 95 kg ( 209 pounds ) so I want to do smth about that

One more thing that u should know about me:
      I`m laaaaaaaaaazy as fuck !!! So 60 days will be hell for me hahahahha

That being said, I declare this DAY 1 !!! GO GO GO

PS: I love music so this will be a poker-motto-dancing blog ! :) )))
  • 52 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi Alex and greetings to you to!

I don't see from that photo that 95kg is so bad, but you would know better obviously.
      What I do think this blog will be informative but fun as well so I'll subscribe to that! :heart:

Best regards and have fun,

Mal.
    • pufarine
      pufarine
      Bronze
      hey Mal !

Thanks for stopping by...

What u should see in that photo is a chick magnet, wich obviously is not hahahah

Smth like this :
      six pack

Grinding: stop !
      Drinking : start !

Cheers !
    • pufarine
      pufarine
      Bronze
      Hey there ! Me again :D

Today I think the nature tried to put me to the test. I went to college this morning and the sun was smilling, and the people too, and the chicks were everywhere like Mister Smith in Matrix hahahahah... So hard to grind with this temptation !
      I have finals starting next week and I have to katchup a few things there and there. Lucky me, I have communication skills and I got some courses from this chick who wants me soo bad I think hahahah ( me keeping cool :D )

Yestarday, the money I withdraw from poker came into bank account and now I search to buy PT4. I had it 2 times before on trial and I only use it to see if I m +/- EV and that s it lol… I ll look for some tips and tricks on the internet and give it a try.

Grinding : Start !

• Eduardo93
      Eduardo93
      Diamond
      Go go go!!

I will follow

Cheers!
    • pufarine
      pufarine
      Bronze
      update after short session of 70 minutes:

Bad trafic, that s why I usually don t play at this hour, but I wanted to make minimum volume at least, cuz I want to unblock a 1.5k $ bonus at the end of June :D ( 580 000 points till now, and I need 750 000 )

Anyway, as I was sayin... bad trafic and after 5 minutes of waiting, a reg-fish sitted me. He s been sitting me since I ve switched to william hill in november.
      I ve never payed him attention, but today I snaped and got mad at him and 80% of today`s games were with him. I smashed him, ending with 10-3 :D

His graph

Result: + 160$

Grinding: Stop!
      Masterchef Romania: Start :) ))

Cheers !
    • G0ldFish89
      G0ldFish89
      Bronze
      Very interested blog. Follow.
      GL
    • pufarine
      pufarine
      Bronze
      Thanks man !

I ve just got back from town. Today is `no poker day`.
      My folks came in Bucharest today, to pay me a visit and I took them to a exhebition of antique motorcycles. All my family is about motorcycles ( choppers not speeders ) and when I told my dad that I was going to take them to see that he was like a little baby hahahah.

one of those babies:

my dad and other babies:

my mum and dad on their motorcycle:

Last night was the season finale of SURVIVOR and today I ll grab popcorn and watch with my babe. Survivor is the shit ! all mental game and social game. It one of the best reality show out there ! No spoilers plsss !!! hihihihi

Meanwhile one funny video:
    • pufarine
      pufarine
      Bronze
      Forgive me father for i have sinned !

Woke up late today, and don t know why, I was full of adrenaline.
      Now after I ve stoped playing I can analize every detail but when I was hypnotized, I couldn t do anything to stop.

First sign of tilt: My leg stars dancing
      When my leg starts dancing is clear as cristal that I shouldn t play poker.
      What did I do ?
      I ve played poker !
      What did I play ?
      6max cash game
      Who s the idiot ?
      I am !!!

God knows how, I ve managed to finish after an hour BE but I was like playing football with skates. Biggest donk ever

I confess in front of you, and I m ashamed...

I always think that I know a little bit about cash game but it always turn out the same

Stop poker for today.
      I m going out to look for a present for a birthday party

• pufarine
      pufarine
      Bronze
      Ingredients for a funny situation:
      Alcohol
      your girlfriend
      one chick who aparently you ve made out with, but you don t remember

You bake that together for almost a night and the result is hilarious :) ))

• pufarine
      pufarine
      Bronze
      no online grind for today again
      I went to boost my roll in a 30k guaranteed live mtt :D

wish me luck :D hope to make day 2 ! -- cool fish --
    • pufarine
      pufarine
      Bronze
      after 5 hours of boring poker, AQ<Q4 :p
      the cips were flying from a fish to another except me.
      for once I wish I was a fish hahaha

catchy phrase lol.. I wish I was a fish.
      I call dibbs on it !! hahaha
      now relax. beer and UCL...
      Go go go atleticoo !!!
    • pufarine
      pufarine
      Bronze
      Meeeh

Bad day today... I don t have time right now to select few hands cuz I gotta go, but I promise I will search tomorrow.

I played with a huge fish and he got the heater of his life with me.
      his graph
      in 2014:

in 2013:

I m out to get a little fresh air and stop poker again too earlier than I was planning... :(

Cheers !
    • pufarine
      pufarine
      Bronze
      I went afterall at a pokerclub with one friend and play cash. It went pretty good, I had a good run. I was getting value from every fish and no suckout on the river hihihihi

After 2 and a half hours the fishes went broke and the table was gone but I got a nice profit of about 300$.
      Online + live it s still a losing day but it s nice to minimize the loss hihihiih

• pufarine
      pufarine
      Bronze
      we nt to tahe mall to buy pants !
      got back drunk with a t shirt lol
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      I hope you keep this blog going for a while Alex, it makes me laugh! :heart:

...I just hope that's what it was supposed to do!...

Oh and if you bought a T-shirt drunk that's not a bad result is it, it could have been much more embarrassing than that, (can you tell I've done a similar thing yet?) :D

Mal.
    • pufarine
      pufarine
      Bronze
      hahahahah

More details pls Mal :) ))

when I prank my dad, he doesn t think I m funny, so dunno what to say about that hahahah

I hope I ll keep this blog updated. I want 100% but in the same time I know myself and I know how easy is for me to get confy and quit.

That s why if I manage to get the coaching with Gordon it ll be my highest point in poker and I hope I ll use that as fuel for me to continue further and look for an higher point and so on and so on :D

I love getting feedback, so don t get shy guys hahhaha !!

PS: first broken promise: I didn t post those hands I talked about.
      well, feel free to throw rocks :(

• pufarine
      pufarine
      Bronze
      Today I m gonna go try some yogga stuff with my girlfriend :D

I m not really into that sort of things but she is :)
      She s a maseuze and she likes these kind of things

Imma very logical person and I use to not really understand this kind of life, but since I met her I have tried some things with her and I m starting to learn new interesting things :)

Gotta go now…. to be continuated after I come back :)

• pufarine
      pufarine
      Bronze
      Got home last night pretty tired and went straight to bed.
      So as I was sayin, I went to this yoga thing with my girl and there were 5-6 people.
      The speaker was some romanian chick who s been traveling to India and Belgium and all over the world and got some certificates and stuff.
      This year came back and now she s an cosultant and 3 or 4 other things, she says.

But all I remember from this workshop is that she could touch her ankles with her nose, and her legs

--- breaking funny thing: I was just wordering some food and the lady put me on hold and she hung up hahahah ----

and her legs put together... hmm how do I say this.... like a soldier pose and then bow to the ground keepind the legs straight :D
      Daaamn she was so flexible !!! I sure do like yoga now ! hahahaha

Today I had one exam and after that I went to buy joggin kit for summer:
      don t pay attention to that crazy look hahahaha I m a psycho :s_rolleyes:

In october I want to run at this marathon with 2 friends. About 6 miles each. And I want this to be the motivation I needed to get outside and run.

Hard to grind when it s so damn sunny outside but someone has to do it right ? :D

Off I go !
      Cheers !

• pufarine
      pufarine
      Bronze
      Do not try this at home !!!

Hero is Dealer ( 1926): 5 :club: 7 :spade: / FISH Big Blind ( 1074 )

blinds: 30/60
      Hero: call 30
      Fish : check

flop: 2 :diamond: J :diamond: 2 :heart:
      Fish bet 60
      Hero: call 60

Turn: 9 :spade:

Fish : bet 120
      Hero: raise to 280
      Fish: call 160

River A :heart:

Fish bet 300
      Hero allin
      Fish fold

If u make the math he had like 400 behind so he had absolute air and I felt that from the start :D hahahahha :f_cool:

Sorry for the crappy format but william hill sucks at keeping hand history text format so I had to reproduce their history sistem :)

This week I ll get PT4. Hope the money come into bank account tomorrow :D