[OFFICIAL Support Thread] Leak Buster Database Analysis

• JohnAnhalt
      JohnAnhalt
      Basic
      Overview

Developed by a team of winning professional poker players, for poker players at all stake levels, Leak Buster 4.0 expertly guides you to fixing your most costly poker leaks. Even if you’re an advanced poker player, you’ve likely got costly habits that prevent you from winning as much as you should. You may not be aware of them, but these recurring mistakes, also known as leaks, are draining your bankroll (right into the pockets of your opponents).

Leak Buster 4.0 is much more than stat analysis. It's a post flop analysis tool that delves into over 460 potential leaks, ranks which ones are likely costing you the most money in your game, and provides expert feedback through the use of written content and videos on how to correct them. Leak Buster examines things like:

River bet sizing
      3-betting reasonable hands from blinds vs. cold calling
      Getting max value vs opponents full range
      3-bet squeezing w/ non-premium hands in and out of position
      Betting second pair or less on dry boards on the turn
      Multiple line analysis - bet check bet, check bet bet, etc...
      Blind defense analysis
      Naked flop floats vs raising the flop
      And much more!

More Information: Leak Buster Poker Software

[U]
      REVIEWS ON LEAK BUSTER
      [/U]
      "Leak Buster is a tremendous value, whether you're a recreational player who wants to get better or an experienced player looking to reach for that extra EV." - Josh Potkins (Deuces Cracked Pro)

"There is no question Leak Buster is a valuable piece of software and a must have for anybody looking to improve their game. As a long time mid stakes player I was skeptical at first, but after looking deeper into the software I realized that I could analyze aspects of my game with ease that I never could before." - Sean (PenelopeCruz 2+2 Mid-stakes Pooh-bah)

"Overall, Leak Buster comes highly recommended and considering the price, seems like a fantastic investment in your poker game." - PokerSoftware.com

[U]
      Top 7 Reasons To Love Leak Buster
      [/U]

[U]
      LEAK BUSTER PRICING
      [/U]

Leak Buster currently works for no-limit and limit holdem (6-max and full ring), and Pot-limit Omaha (6-max and full ring) cash games. Leak Buster ONLY works with a Holdem Manager database.

Standard license: $49.99 (for Pot Limit Omaha editions work for 50NL and below only. Limit edition works for $0.5/ $1 and below only). $59.99 (No-limit, works on 25NL and below)

Professional license: $79.99 (for PLO and Limit - all stake levels). $89.99 for no-limit (all stakes)

[U]
      LEAK BUSTER FAQ's
      [/U]

How Leak Buster can help improve your game, no matter what your current skill level is:

If you're already a winning player, Leak Buster will be an invaluable guide to ensure that you maintain your highest profitability, and you will always know when areas of your game need improvement or review. If you are a beginning player, or currently losing, Leak Buster is an ideal tool that will isolate your leaks, and provide winning advice on correcting those leaks using written modules, and instructional videos.

Leak Buster will provide valuable information to all poker players, regardless of current skill level, on areas of their game that need attention and investigation. Leak Buster's primary design concept was to quickly show any level player where his most costly leaks exists. No matter your current skill level, Leak Buster will locate costly leaks that you weren't aware existed.

Who designed Leak Buster?

Leak Buster was designed by long term winning online poker players, for poker players. It's a no gimmick approach to real automated leak detection that will quickly pay for itself. It was created to assist the more knowledgeable 2+2 poker player, as well as the novice player looking to learn about their game. Some of the members of the design and content team are as follows:
      • John “Nagarjuna” Anhalt (Freakdaddy on 2+2 and primary creator of Leak Buster). Life time cash game winnings over $400k+.
      • Bryce “The Bryce” Paradis. Won over 2.5 million in 1 year alone at limit holdem. Considered one of the best limit holdem players in the world.
      • Andrew “andrewboccia” Boccia. Won over 800k in online cash games. Mass multi-tabling grinder.
      • Russell “loosefer” Blattberg. Won over 400k in online cash games and over 1 million in tournament winnings including a WPT circuit even title.
      • Tom “learnedfromtv” Chambers. Two WSOP final tables including 2nd place in Omaha hi/low. Over 500k in cash game winnings.
      • Corwin “Vital Myth” Cole. WSOP final table, and circuit event wins. One of the all time highest rated CR instructors.

Do you provide any guarantees on the software?

We provide a free trial to evaluate the software, as well as a 14 day no questions asked money back guarantee. Your satisfaction is extremely important to us, and we have no desire in keeping anyone's money unless they believe they are getting a valuable piece of software that they'd easily consider +EV for their game.

I'm already a winning player, how will Leak Buster help make me a better player?

As every poker player knows, we all have leaks in our game. Leak Buster's primary design concept was to quickly show any level player where his most costly leaks exists.

If you're already a winning player, Leak Buster will be an invaluable guide to ensure that you maintain your highest profitability, and you will always know when areas of your game need improvement or review.

While Leak Buster isn't a replacement for coaching (it should be a worthy complimentary software for your poker library), it was designed to be one of the next best things. Leak Buster does have some advantages over coaching however, such as:
      a) In about 2-5 minutes you'll instantly know areas of your game that are costing you the most money.
      b) Most coaches will take several hours of coaching in order to inform you of the same leaks that leak buster will locate for you. Compare the average coaching rate at your stake level to the guarantee you'll find leaks you didn't know about in your game, or leaks you may have suspected, but weren't entirely sure about.
      c) Unlike a coach, Leak Buster is available anytime you want to examine, and improve your poker game.
      d) You will have concrete proof from your very own database about exactly how much any given leak is costing you.
      e) Much much cheaper!

How does the scoring system work?

Leak Buster is the process of hundreds of millions of hands being analyzed and median ranges constructed for peak win rates. These Hand Histories were not submitted, they were farmed directly from the poker sites. A model was constructed from that of how these ranges relate and effect each other. Next a scoring algorithm was built from this model which ranks the data and how far it is from that peak mean, and a score from 1-10 is given for each statistical category based on the severity of the leak.

For example, if someone is calling 3-bets way too often, this means they are doing it with a non-optimal range and will be a significant leak (unless they are doing this consistently deep in position). The scoring system scores this kind of leak higher than say if you have a small leak because you're folding from the small blind a little too often.

Leak Buster is statistical proof of how certain ranges will effect winrates. More importantly, it also offers advice, and tutorials on how to plug certain leaks through the use of video, written modules, and quizzes.

Who will benefit most from using Leak Buster?

Leak Buster would be of most benefit to micro, small, and mid-stakes NL/PL, PLO, and Limit Holdem players. It was designed by successful poker players, for poker players. Even players who are doing very well at their stake level will benefit immensely from Leak Buster.

Does Leak Buster only support cash games?

Yes. Only cash games.

Is the Leak Buster scoring a gimmick?

No. There is a direct correlation between ideal stat ranges, and win-rates. Losing and marginal winners will score lower in Leak Buster than players who are winning at a high rate.

What can I expect when I purchase Leak Buster?

A tool that you can use throughout your poker playing career and an aide to assist you in narrowing down and eliminating your poker leaks.

What kind of videos and training material are included in Leak Buster?

Instructional power point style videos that cover topics such as: The Art of Bluffing (How to bluff more profitably), Playing in 3 & 4-bet pots, Statistical analysis by position of continuation betting, Profitable floating, Profitable River Bluffs, Handling Tilt, Understanding flop and turn equity, Big pot vs. small pot poker, How to play the Turn, Playing out of position.

Will you be adding more material and functions to Leak Buster?

Yes, and updates are currently free.

What games does Leak Buster currently support?

Leak Buster works with No-limit, Pot-Limit Omaha, and Limit Holdem 6-max and full ring cash games.

Will Leak Buster support other games?

MTT's and S&G designs may be added in the future.

--

Important: please note that PokerStrategy.com does not take any responsibility for the software advertised in this thread.
      We were not involved in the development and thus cannot guarantee the reliability or proper functionality of this software.
      You use the software described in this thread at your own risk.
  • 31 replies
    • JohnAnhalt
      JohnAnhalt
      Basic
      Hi Poker Strategy community! My name is John Anhalt. I'm one of the primary creators of Leak Buster. If you have any questions, I'm more than happy to address them. I'm looking forward to adding to this community, as I'm a long term professional player myself (over 10 years now).
    • LynellHillaire
      LynellHillaire
      Basic
      Hello John... :)

Thank you so much for your nice creation Leak Buster. I am using it for last 2 months. It helps me a lot by preventing my leaks when I am playing. We may get a lot of tricks of using Leak Buster from you. :)
    • JohnAnhalt
      JohnAnhalt
      Basic
      Originally posted by LynellHillaire
      Hello John... :)

Thank you so much for your nice creation Leak Buster. I am using it for last 2 months. It helps me a lot by preventing my leaks when I am playing. We may get a lot of tricks of using Leak Buster from you. :)
      You're welcome. Glad you're enjoying it. We're continuing to add a lot of new features and content in leak buster. We'll be doing a short video series on Poker Strategy about Leak Buster here pretty soon as well, so keep your eyes peeled for that.
    • JohnAnhalt
      JohnAnhalt
      Basic
      Important Update:

If you update to the latest version of HM2, you're going to be asked to re-register leak buster. We're changing license servers. Essentially everything will be copied over for you. You'll just need to enter your name and e-mail again and you'll be set.
    • martijnde666
      martijnde666
      Bronze
      Do you offer a trail period for the new leak buster?
    • JohnAnhalt
      JohnAnhalt
      Basic
      Originally posted by martijnde666
      Do you offer a trail period for the new leak buster?
      Yes, there's a non-expiring free trial. It's just limited on what it will produce and show as far as leaks. We will be expanding the functionality of the trial though as well. It's high on the developers list. Since the original trial was made, a ton has been added to leak buster.

Myself as a former professional player, I want to know that the tool is going to be as helpful as possible to my poker game. The current trial will get you some taste of that, but I think the goal is to let every winning player, regardless of stakes, know that leak buster can be an invaluable tool. It's not just about stat ranges, although that part gets a lot of attention. It's the one click filtering, ability to zoom in on trouble spots really fast rather than wade through your database and hunt for all this data yourself. It's all really time consuming if you have to do it manually any not through leak buster.

For beginners the tool should be a no-brainer more or less. Getting others to understand that we know what serious poker players would get value from, and that we understand their needs is always a little trickier. We hope the video series we do on poker strategy here soon will also enlighten that crowd as well.
    • JohnAnhalt
      JohnAnhalt
      Basic
      In the next HM2 build there's going to be a Leak Buster no-limit update. One of the new features will be the ability to export leak hands found by Leak Buster, and post them to forums with a clickable link to analyze the equity versus your opponents range online. Once you click to analyze, you'll be asked from which street you want to analyze the hand, and an automated hand range for your opponents will be generated versus your hand. You can change and weight these ranges as you feel fit, and re-export and data. The goal is to aide in quick hand discussion of any spots you come across. I'll post some examples and screenshots of how it works as well.

There's also 12 new filters going into place. I believe those are going into the following build after this one as well.
    • JohnAnhalt
      JohnAnhalt
      Basic
      In the spirit of making hand discussion easier and more meaningful, we added a cool new feature in Leak Buster NL v 4.0.2.5. Here's an over view of how to use it. I'll make a quick youtube tutorial and post it on Holdem managers site as well.

1) From Step 1 in Leak Buster, click on the HANDS tab from any leak you want to explore more.
      2) You can right click on any hand you want to discuss further on a forum and click export to forum format. You can then paste the hand to most forums.
      3) At the bottom of the hand, there will be a link that anyone can click on to send the hand to our equity calculator server. The hand will have the complete history in it, and you can select from which street you want to run a calculation on.
      4) It will then auto generate hand ranges for your opponents and display the equity for that spot.
      5) You can edit and change ranges, weight ranges as needed, and re-calculate.
      6) You can then export those ranges and calculations back to the forum.

For me personally, one of the ways I became a really good player was hand discussion on good poker forums. I always wanted an easy way to talk about any hand posted in terms of range and equity. I got tired of a lot of post like, this person is all-in, should I be calling? Well... what range are you assigning him? I think this should aide in that discussion and make analysis a lot easier for anyone using it. We setup a server just to just run any of these calculation on. We'll be refining some of the AI range building as we go, but it's a great place to start overall.

So the goal with this feature is, once you run a Leak Buster analysis, you'll have all your critical leaks listed and you can find those hands with one click. Then you can export any of those tough spots or situations you have questions about. Post it, discuss it, analyze, and range build with an easy setup and interface. Anyone can participate in your discussion, they don't need Leak Buster.

Here's an example hand you can play with and see:

Leak Hand found and Converted by Leak Buster Poker Training Software

NL Holdem $0.5(BB)
      SB ($30.05)
      BB ($75.13)
      UTG ($66.18)
      HERO ($54.47)
      CO ($50)
      BTN ($48.25)

Dealt to Hero Khttp://acepokersolutions.com/poker-software/diamond.gif Ahttp://acepokersolutions.com/poker-software/diamond.gif

UTG Folds, HERO Raises To $2.25, CO Folds, BTN Calls $2.25, SB Calls $2, BB Folds

Flop ($6.5) 3http://acepokersolutions.com/poker-software/heart.gif 4http://acepokersolutions.com/poker-software/diamond.gif 8http://acepokersolutions.com/poker-software/diamond.gif
      SB Checks, HERO Bets $5, BTN Calls $5, SB Folds

Turn ($16.5) 3http://acepokersolutions.com/poker-software/heart.gif 4http://acepokersolutions.com/poker-software/diamond.gif 8http://acepokersolutions.com/poker-software/diamond.gif Jhttp://acepokersolutions.com/poker-software/heart.gif
      HERO Bets $12.25, BTN Calls $12.25

River ($41) 3http://acepokersolutions.com/poker-software/heart.gif 4http://acepokersolutions.com/poker-software/diamond.gif 8http://acepokersolutions.com/poker-software/diamond.gif Jhttp://acepokersolutions.com/poker-software/heart.gif 7http://acepokersolutions.com/poker-software/heart.gif
      HERO Bets $34.97 (all-in), BTN Calls $28.75 (all-in)

View this hand in the Poker Equity Calculator. Just click and it will auto load this hand.

So if you click the equity calculator link, you will be asked to load a street. You'll get your range and results, discuss based on those results. Re-weight (on the calculator right click on a hand to select frequency/weight) or remove some ranges and re-calculate.

I'm looking forward to using it. :)
    • JohnAnhalt
      JohnAnhalt
      Basic
      We put together a quick youtube video explaining the newest Leak Buster Feature here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsiRiU3aqzk
    • vincenttafolla979
      vincenttafolla979
      Basic
      Originally posted by JohnAnhalt
      We put together a quick youtube video explaining the newest Leak Buster Feature here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsiRiU3aqzk
      Wow...! I was looking for this amazing video of Leak Buster where the updated features are clearly described.
    • JohnAnhalt
      JohnAnhalt
      Basic
      Originally posted by vincenttafolla979

Wow...! I was looking for this amazing video of Leak Buster where the updated features are clearly described.
      I'm glad you enjoyed it. We have some new features coming down the pike for Leak Buster that we're excited about.
    • GoOnCal1
      GoOnCal1
      Bronze
      :heart:
    • JohnAnhalt
      JohnAnhalt
      Basic
      Originally posted by GoOnCal1
      :heart:
      Thanks for the love. We have a last 250 hands quick scan for potential trouble pots going into the next build, as well as GTO rangebuilder (additional subscription price). We're adding a ton more filters as well as post flop analysis tools too.
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Hi there John,

I will be buying Leak Buster soon with about 95% certainty, I just wanted to ask a few question so I know what exactly I am buying and its limits. I would appreciate an honest opinion, as I will be getting it anyway, as I said. :)

Background: I'm playing NL 6-max cash games currently at micro stakes, and I'm not planing to play anything else in the future except maybe trying our NL HU cash games when I'm a much better player.

General questions:
      • What is the "unique scoring algorithm that adjusts based on the stakes you're currently playing" in the Pro Version? If I play, say, NL25, is there any actual difference between using Standard Version and Pro Version? Or does it mean that the Pro Version has extra content specifically made for mid and high stakes that wouldn't be relevant to micros? I'm a little lost on this one.

Opinion questions:
      • How susceptible the strategy advice Leak Buster gives you to aging? How relevant is it to current state of online poker? Is it being updated or expanded at all? (I'm just being curious, as a player I'm so bad that whatever ideas Leak Buster offers will improve my game a lot.)
      • How in-depth are strategy modules and videos in Leak Buster? If you were to rate it on a scale from 1 to 5, what would your best un-biased attempt to give it a score be? A 5 would be "Leak Buster strategy content is the single best source of fundamental and advanced poker strategy available on the internet and in print", and a 1 would be "The strategy part is fairly basic and doesn't go beyond what you can find on most free websites whose main purpose is to advertise you poker rooms rather than to create world-leading strategy content". (I know that Leak Buster is much more than simply a source of strategy articles and videos, so I don't expect it to contain everything and will be happy to buy with this limitation!)

Thanks in advance if you choose to spend your time to answer any of the questions above.
    • JohnAnhalt
      JohnAnhalt
      Basic
      Originally posted by Th334
      Hi there John,

I will be buying Leak Buster soon with about 95% certainty, I just wanted to ask a few question so I know what exactly I am buying and its limits. I would appreciate an honest opinion, as I will be getting it anyway, as I said. :)

Background: I'm playing NL 6-max cash games currently at micro stakes, and I'm not planing to play anything else in the future except maybe trying our NL HU cash games when I'm a much better player.

General questions:
      • What is the "unique scoring algorithm that adjusts based on the stakes you're currently playing" in the Pro Version? If I play, say, NL25, is there any actual difference between using Standard Version and Pro Version? Or does it mean that the Pro Version has extra content specifically made for mid and high stakes that wouldn't be relevant to micros? I'm a little lost on this one.

Sorry I missed this earlier. Good questions. We try and answer all this in our FAQ page on the site also if that helps. But the ranges and advice will change depending on what stakes you're playing. So the ranges and advice for say a 25NL player like you said, will be different than say a 400NL player. Those adjust and so the pro version gives you access to all of the higher level advice and ranges, while the standard versions stays with stakes up to 50NL only.

Opinion questions: How susceptible the strategy advice Leak Buster gives you to aging? How relevant is it to current state of online poker? Is it being updated or expanded at all? (I'm just being curious, as a player I'm so bad that whatever ideas Leak Buster offers will improve my game a lot.)

It's spot on relevant. Advice is updated as needed. Stat ranges and analysis have been updated several times. I want to say 4 times. We run periodic huge analysis samples and look for anything that changes in terms of how the game is being played overall. We take those parts very serious, and I think if you ask around Leak Buster ranges have become the standard for talking about how far off you are from optimal play.

[*] How in-depth are strategy modules and videos in Leak Buster? If you were to rate it on a scale from 1 to 5, what would your best un-biased attempt to give it a score be? A 5 would be "Leak Buster strategy content is the single best source of fundamental and advanced poker strategy available on the internet and in print", and a 1 would be "The strategy part is fairly basic and doesn't go beyond what you can find on most free websites whose main purpose is to advertise you poker rooms rather than to create world-leading strategy content". (I know that Leak Buster is much more than simply a source of strategy articles and videos, so I don't expect it to contain everything and will be happy to buy with this limitation!)
      [/list]

Thanks in advance if you choose to spend your time to answer any of the questions above.
      That last one is tough, but I'd say that for myself, being someone who has won at high stakes and mid stakes games for many years (I guess over 11 now lol), I am very picky about what kind of content goes into Leak Buster. I turn down a lot of content from players that end up on other training sites. It's hard because I'm biased but I'd say the no-limit version is probably: 4.5/5, PLO 4.5/5 (I know a lot of people would say 5 because the videos are extremely good - I mean high stakes players have said the videos alone are worth it), and Limit 5/5 (I'd say Bryce was one of the top 5 limit holdem players at the time).

All that being said, use the trial, ask around. We are going to be adding a lot more to it here in the next update. A couple of new videos are going in from another top training site (I guess I shouldn't say here what site), and some GTO options that will be very cool to explore.

If you have any other questions though, just let me know.
    • sweets0
      sweets0
      Basic
      leak buster videos on how to correct leaks are really helpful. Awesome job!
    • JohnAnhalt
      JohnAnhalt
      Basic
      Originally posted by sweets0
      leak buster videos on how to correct leaks are really helpful. Awesome job!
      Thank you for the feedback. Glad you're enjoying it.
    • JohnAnhalt
      JohnAnhalt
      Basic
      New Leak Buster NL Update is out (4.0.2.8). Some cool new features:

New Features

- Last 250 big pot hands organized on main interface (configurable in settings to determine pot size). You can run equity calculations w/ automated hand ranges from any of these hands, or export them.
      - GTO Rangebuilder Turn and River Support added (There's 15 free trial uses, then it starts at $9.99/mo). You can tag any leak hand from step 1 and run it in GTO scenarios. It will save any hand you run in GTORB so you can instantly review them again. Even trial uses.
      - 2 new Videos by Grant Coombs (aka Balbomb). Long time Cardrunners instructor - Optimal Bet Sizing, and Proftable Hero Calls videos.

It should come up as an auto update when you open up leak buster.
      You can also just update HM2 to the latest beta. You can download the latest HM2 released beta here:
      http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hm2-releases/532196-2-0-0-8391-beta-release-thread-notecaddy-changes-pokerstars.html#post2468298

I'll make a video this week going over some of the GTO rangebuilder features, and other new features as well. It should make analysis a lot quicker and easier.
    • cardinhand
      cardinhand
      Basic
      Hi
      I got a new laptop and can't register leak buster on it.

How can I move my license to my new system?

thanks