staying tight

• omar6627
      omar6627
      Bronze
      I always start off playing tight but then after about an hour I start playing loose and end up losing. Do others have that problem too? am I not cut out for poker? how do you stay tight after a while?
  • 2 replies
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      You're playing cash games, right?

I assume that you're just losing your concentration at that point, and maybe you're getting impatient or bored. This is a common problem, and it's essentially just one form of tilt.
      I'd advise you to end your session when you catch yourself doing that. Playing for an entire hour can be mentally exhausting, so it's important to take breaks when you feel like your concentration is slipping away.
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Thanks Harrier :)

I would agree with what Harrier said. Most likely you're just losing focus. Even taking just a very short break can help fix this. Stop playing for 15 minutes, go eat something, walk your dog, do whatever. This will help clear your mind and should help you stay focused when you start playing again.

It will also get easier to stick to your own game as you get more experience. So just keep playing and take breaks when you feel like your game is slipping away from you.

You can't just say you're not cut out for poker. I'm sure you are :)

Regards,
      Tino