Barack Obama President!!!!!

• 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      Barack OBAMA 44th president of the United States!!!!!!!!

I'm happy for the Americans, I have faith on what the World will become from now.

How is this going to affect the world?????

Give your thoughts and suggestions!!!!

• 30 replies
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/us_elections_2008/7709978.stm

COOOLLll!!!!!!!
    • furiouscar
      furiouscar
      Global
      He will end the Unlawful Internet Gaming Act. :D
    • z4tz
      z4tz
      Bronze
      Nice! Quite happy :=)
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Expected of course.
      It was just the perfect storm heading directly at the McCain campaign : One of the most, if the not the most, unpopular incumbent president in the history of the United States of America, a strong, eloquent and well funded opponent who's got the overwhelming support of all minorites, a major financial crisis that exploded not more that 7 weeks before election day after the GOP had the White House for two consecutive terms, his age eventually being a bigger negative factor than Obama's race, demographic changes that advantage Democrats...
      I mean, what was McCain supposed to do ?

Given all this, it's still remarkable he held his own to the extent that he did and managed to get approximately 45 % of the electoral vote and 150+ votes in the electoral college nearing 200. Everything, but just about everything, that could go wrong and was not within the control of the McCain campaign had gone wrong.

Aligning myself as a moderate Republican, I of course am not happy about the general outcome, but have to concede the historical magnitude of this election outcome and what it could mean for the world and the great nation of the United States. I can only hope he does well and that the GOP will learn from this.

However, all in all, I'm relieved that the Democrats have not succeeded in their mission to achieve a supermajority of 60 senators enabling them to block filibustering. That would have outright disastrous.
    • z4tz
      z4tz
      Bronze
      Can only agree with you SonicXT, the financial crisis was what tipped it over to Obama.

ATM its 54-40 in the senate according to my sources so doesnt look like he will hit the 60limit.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      we will we will barack you :D
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Does he play BSS or SSS? What site does he play on? I bet his stratagy is not conservative...............
    • Rezodobo
      Rezodobo
      Bronze
      He plays SNG 109 on PokerStars...

He is a regular player, but I have notes on him :evil:
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      No man. He's a maniac. I saw him push all in with 83o against AA. And the flop was 8 3 3.
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      No no, you got it all wrong dudes...
      He is a cash game player and he is grinding the midstake limits
      But now after he is a president of USA he will have very very big bankroll

So watch out durrr
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      HU4ROLLZ Obama!!
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      In any other democratic nation Obama would beat McCain by 80 - 90% - but about 40% of americans dont give a shit who is running, they just vote republican

I still believe Joe Biden will be the 44th president
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Originally posted by delete461
      In any other democratic nation Obama would beat McCain by 80 - 90% - but about 40% of americans dont give a shit who is running, they just vote republican

I still believe Joe Biden will be the 44th president
      Ever thought of why that is ? Maybe because the values of the country are a bit different than in Europe ... Europeans are generally scared of the lack of social security would they live in America, Americans are generally scared of the big state social programs would they live in Europe.
      Add to that the general one-sidedness of European media, only concentrating on GOP gaffes and praising Obama, giving the public a completely unbalanced view of both candidates. Let alone that the media here go in depth on the real issues at hand in these elections.

Sorry, I just can't appreciate these short-sighted responses and outrageous claims when it becomes apparent that the country and it's ways aren't understood in the least bit.
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SonicXT

Sorry, I just can't appreciate these short-sighted responses and outrageous claims when it becomes apparent that the country and it's ways aren't understood in the least bit.
      Is that directed at me? I am simply saying that a large number of americans simply vote republican regardless. How is that a short-sighted response? And to what?
    • RockEye
      RockEye
      Bronze
      Yay for Obama!!
      Let us all hope he won't do something to step on big corporations(real government) fingers and he doesn't end like president John F. Kennedy.
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      damn im glad obama won. now for some good pro-poker laws, mister O.
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Go Obama go Obama ;)

Just hope terror of ex. president Bush will stop for start.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Very nice. :)

SonicXT you are an american? :)

EDIT: What does 60 seats mean? Their system is really confusing. :/
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SonicXT
      Add to that the general one-sidedness of European media, only concentrating on GOP gaffes and praising Obama, giving the public a completely unbalanced view of both candidates. Let alone that the media here go in depth on the real issues at hand in these elections.
      Well Mister SonicXT, the completely unbalanced view you're talking about is in nothing influenced by the Europeans. Obama has shown superiority to Mc Cain in Leading the country. Even in the meeting they had, concerning the Crisis he was giving solutions while MC Cain was sooo intimidated, he didn't even place a word (he was the one calling for the meeting :P ). Obama also gave people a very clear program about how he's going to change things. I believe that Mc Cain was unsure about the way he was going to rule his country, He was just a guy very likely to fallow bush's footsteps, and be a total ignorant when it comes to take decisions!!!
      The crisis has played his part, I agree but didn't decide of the faith of those election. Saying that is just a Lame excuse. Obama beat Mc Cain in every single subject. Even during them debates, he destroy Mc Cain. I'm sure Mc Cain has had nightmares about Obama :D
      Now pleaseeee, just accept YOUR new president BARACK OBAMA. Even Mc Cain himself agree with me. He already surrender in his speech. But hey... Republicans you're not erased in the lead of this country, Obama is willing to work with Republican for the good of America, and of course the world.

Go Barack, Go President!!!!

PS: what is Obama's screenname on Pokerstars??? :D :D