ICM Function

• Noname81
      Noname81
      Bronze
      HI

I was curious if Poker Trackers ICM functions is accurate. I have heard mixed reviews about it. Also is there tutorial guide on how to use the ICM feature.?
      Are the ranges poker tracker puts on opponents accurate ?
  • 1 reply
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by Noname81
      HI

I was curious if Poker Trackers ICM functions is accurate. I have heard mixed reviews about it. Also is there tutorial guide on how to use the ICM feature.?
      Our ICM calculation is more accurate than any other ICM tools included within a tracker. ICM is the calculation of the value of each chip in a tournament, this should not be confused with ICM Simulation which is advice on whether you should theoretically push or fold based on the value of each chip. ICM can only be accurate if the payout structure and prize pool is known, plus ICM can only be calculated at a final table. Some people confuse ICM with Simulation, and then others further confuse ICM Simulation with NASH Simulation which is a combination of ICM Chip value, Simulation, and NASH unexploitable GTO strategies - PokerTracker 4 does not perform NASH Simulation as it is only accurate when playing a game theoretically unexploitable opponent, and you need to play an GTO unexploitable style to make sure your unexploitable opponent does not exploit you. As you can imagine, a NASH strategy is therefore not optimal where as an ICM Simulation for pushing or folding is always accurate if the prize pool structure is accurate.

Are the ranges poker tracker puts on opponents accurate ?
      The opponent ranges are flexible, only PokerTracker 4 includes a player modeling tool that allows you to define how PokerTracker 4 should model your opponent ranges used in Simulation.