This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SSS JJ play

• deadcat
      deadcat
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($8.85)
      SB ($15.40)
      BB ($4)
      UTG ($10.15)
      UTG+1 ($5)
      MP1 ($11.15)
      Hero (MP2) ($1.85)
      CO ($10)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J, J
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, 2 folds, SB calls $0.45, 1 fold, MP1 calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.60) A, 9, 2 (3 players)
      SB checks, MP1 bets $1.20, Hero raises to $1.35 (All-In), 1 fold, MP1 calls $0.15

Turn: ($4.30) 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($4.30) Q (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $4.30 | Rake: $0.20

Hi guys,

I'm new to SSS and to poker (<1000 hands), so advice is most welcome :)
      Got several hands I'd like to post, but let's start with this one.

Is JJ good enough to push here? I don't question it when it's an overpair, but here I'm not sure.
  • 5 replies
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      Fold flop

Can you give me reason why you call?

Best regards,
      kukkiwonBG
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Fold flop. The chance is pretty big that at least one of them has an ace :P
    • deadcat
      deadcat
      Bronze
      Reviewed the strategy articles regarding HU postflop play and the definition of a made hand,
      looks like I missed some details there.
      Thanks!

BTW, on one page a made hand is defined as top pair or overpair (and all the monsters),
      but on the next it says at least top pair with a jack kicker or better.

So if I have top pair but a kicker lower than jack, should I or shouldn't I play it?

Edit: because of the SHC, we are only talking about freeplay in this case.
    • Jaime001254
      Jaime001254
      Bronze
      your hand is a trash hand since there is an overcard in the table (the ace) to your pocket pair (which here it ISNT A TOP PAIR/OVERPAIR).

if you were HU, a Cbet is advised.

here you fold
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      Originally posted by deadcat
      Reviewed the strategy articles regarding HU postflop play and the definition of a made hand,
      looks like I missed some details there.
      Thanks!

BTW, on one page a made hand is defined as top pair or overpair (and all the monsters),
      but on the next it says at least top pair with a jack kicker or better.

So if I have top pair but a kicker lower than jack, should I or shouldn't I play it?

Edit: because of the SHC, we are only talking about freeplay in this case.

made hand is only top pair, jack kicker or better (if you raise preflop, you never have a kicker worse than Jack!!)
      or overpair, two pair etc

the hand is an easy fold, you have 2 opponents, no made hand, so cf