Idea for a NLHE video

• sandraardnas
      sandraardnas
      Platinum
      Hey, I think it would be nice if coach make video about calling ip/oop when there was a raise and at least one call before us.
      Id like to hear about equity we need, equity realization, do we need less equity than in heads up pot etc.
      I saw few coaches on the videos calling on bb with trash like J8o for 3 way pot even against mp and co regs for 2.5bb. They say it about great pot odds, but dont they know they also win pot less often than in HU?
  • 1 reply
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi sandraardnas ,

Thank you for your suggestion.

There are several videos that touch the subject (off the top of my head):

Cold Calling In Position - The Magic Rectangle
      Constructing Cold-Calling Ranges

You are correct, most of them do handle a single raiser, but the concepts can be applied considering better pot odds with every further caller. Those spots are rare however nowadays, as squeezing is also a nice alternative with a healthy part of our range.

While some people also call a lot there, it's can be a mistake to do it too often (e.g. J8o is probably a mistake OOP), since we need good Playability as well, and in fact it's even more important than having enough equity. While the pot odds could justify a call in a vacuum, you also get a lot of reverse implied odds and it's hard to extract value OOP when we hit.

An advice from our Poker Theorist KTU is to look at your predefined ranges for cold calling vs one opponent and be slightly looser with consideration of the added money.

We'll suggest this as a topic for our NL video producers.

Best,
      Kamen