A question to fellow nanostake warriors

• Balonger93
      I'm playing NL2 zoom right now, and I noticed that a LOT of people randomly go All-in at random points. I also noticed that their range is very polarised, they are either doing it with the nuts or complete trash. Some people 4bet shove 74o, others 3bet shove AA. How do you guys deal with them? At first I tried folding any hand except AA/KK preflop, and anything less than a set post-flop, but then noticed a lot of them were going all-in with 8 high, gutshots, and bottom pair....

How do you guys deal with these psychos? These guys are annoying the heck out of me. :s_frown:
  • 4 replies
    • mrkhaan

After playing about 20k/30k hands, you'll have consistent data about the regs at this level. If you see one of these shoving preflop and you don't have a read on him suggesting he'd do it with less than KK+, move on.
      If you see an unknown player with an incomplete stack shoving like crazy, your TT+/AQ+ is probably good.
      Like everything in poker, this is not an exact science. Pay attention to the context, the players nickname, history available to you, etc.

GL. ;)
    • Harrier88
      Well, it's a cash game, so you're making a profitable move every time you get your chips in as a >50% favorite.

If you identified an opponent as someone who likes to push extremely loose, it's all a matter of being ahead of his range. If you believe to beat most of his range with your current hand, you can call in this case, even if you wouldn't do it in most other situations.

You can find some more information on the mathematics behind this here.
    • TinoLaan
      Thanks both for the replies :)
    • gadget51
      HI Balonger93,

May I suggest you follow the course by our mighty coach Bogdan, where he teaches you how to profile your opponents and then how to exploit them, depending on which opponent type they are?
      He goes into great depth about ranges and you can ask him anything related to your problems with them as well.

The course maybe found here.

Good luck,