Begginners Question

• aahitman
      aahitman
      Bronze
      I guess this is the place for that lol...

Passed the quiz and got the money... Real fast... 12 hours or so... Thanks a LOT...

Well, I've been readying the Strategy guides and expecially the part of No Limit SSS (Short Stack Strategy). So before I spend the given money I want to try the SSS, I've seen that it works on other users atthis forum. But, we have got to use only this hole cards? AA,KK,QQ,JJ,AK,TT,99,AQ,88,77,AJ,KQ? The reason for my question, is that i've tried the strategy, on play money and the cards don't come... So I got blinded, had to go ALL-IN when I was 10% of the buy-in with KJo.

What do we do in situations like this?
  • 10 replies
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      u rebuy to 20 big blinds when u get to less than 15 big big blind and leave the table if you get over 25 big blinds. I don't like SSS and would reccomend that you start with SnGs
    • Termi8r
      Termi8r
      Bronze
      Hello aahitman,

On average you are going play about 7% of the hands you are going to get by following this strategy. It is true that sometimes the blinds will let your stack dwindle away. In the article it says when you get to 15 big blinds you rebye to your original stack of 20 big blinds. You will stick to this rule for the lower limits (Nl50 and lower) because when you do get AA, KK you will probably be paid off as people play very loose.

On higher limits you don't rebye and push with weaker hands when your stack goes below 13 big blinds or so. These hands is explained in the advanced articles of SSS.

Good luck
    • aahitman
      aahitman
      Bronze
      That's right, I forgot about the rebuy requirment... Ok, I'll try it... And by the way I prefer SNG also. I really like SNG than cash games, but I've to try it anyway, so this strategy seems nice and "workable". Thanks for your answers.
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      you got your money in 12 hours??? its been 24 and i still dont.. and im itching to play :D
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      Originally posted by fun101rockets
      I don't like SSS and would reccomend that you start with SnGs
      i agree. start with SNGs or fixed limit cash games imo. both are like extremely easy to beat at the lowest limits with a basic knowledge and can start with a relatively low bankroll AND most importantly, you'll actually learn something about poker

i know that pokerstrategy mainly promotes SSS for beginners but w/e i disagree
    • bauer92
      bauer92
      Bronze
      so after receiving the $50 and that player would like to concentrate on sng's, he has to play 1.10? until he reaches 30 buyins for the next level,which on stars would be 2.20 as far as I can see anyway,and that's 180 man sng to...

I assume when u talk about sng's u mean 45 man sng's?
    • kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      I think they mean single table ones. It's 1.20$ 9 man on stars. ;)
    • bauer92
      bauer92
      Bronze
      single one only got 4.80 for 1st...take 4ever to move up that way

maybe it's best to play tbls until u have enough buyins for 3.25T(45)
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bauer92
      single one only got 4.80 for 1st...take 4ever to move up that way

maybe it's best to play tbls until u have enough buyins for 3.25T(45)
      Hello bauer92,

Playing with the correct bankroll management is the only way to move up at all though. If you play higher limits or player fields, the risk of going broke and losing all your money is simply too large. Since low level SNGs involve a lot of folding in the early phases most players play 4+ of them at the same time. With enough experience you can actually play quite a large amount.

With multiple SNGs it doesn't actually take that long to move up the limits. Its the sure and safe progression that is important.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      take 4ever to move up that way

Do You realy need to go on higher level as fast as possible?
      Don't You think it's better to eliminate Your leaks cheaply? On higher level it will cost You much more than at the beginning ;)