Chances of set vs set situation?

• mute20
      I am curious how often set vs set happens in omaha? I am running into this situation quite a number of times, but i want to be more sure when i should fold a weaker set on dryish board against some opponents.
  • 1 reply
    • Kyyberi
      Quite hard to say, as in PLO there are so many starting hand combinations. And even if we figure out how many starting hands there are with a pocket pair, we have no idea if our opponent plays AAAB type of hands. In wikipedia it says that odds for having a pocket pair in Omaha is 1/3,29. Odds for flopping a set is around 1/8.

Someone who is good in this type of math can continue from here. :)

P.S. I searched internet and found that the chance to flop a set is around 4%, which is 5,8 times more often than in Holdem. So I suppose that if 2 people see flop without looking their cards (100% range) the chance that they both hit a set is 0,16%. But in real life there are usually more players. Some players like to see the flop with any pocket pair while some don't like to play small pocket pairs. Overall it happens a lot more than in Holdem, so don't play those small pocket pairs in multiway pots.