This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

My index finger hurts after grinding for hours T.T

• Balonger93
      Balonger93
      Bronze
      ^Title

I know this sounds stupid, but after I grind for 3-4 hours my index finger actually hurts from clicking. Using my middle finger works, but is fairly annoying. A few years ago, I was playing FPS games for whole nights and I had no problems, now I have trouble clicking around playing poker :f_cry:

Any suggestion? :D I still have my trusty gamer mouse around.
  • 8 replies
    • redrawstump
      redrawstump
      Bronze
      use your left hand - it feels like someone else is doing it for you
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      I get a repetitive motion type affliction but in the back of my hand. When it hurts too much I change the mouse to left handed, works fine for me but then I'm amphibious anyway. :rolleyes:

Another way could be to use hot keys if possible, but I don't know about those much, you'd need to ask our clever members for information about how to set them up.

Regards,

Mal.
    • Balonger93
      Balonger93
      Bronze
      Then I'll ask my kind members to help me set up some basic hotkeys :f_love:

The only thing I really need is the fold I'd guess, that's the one I use the most anyways. Some other useful ones would include 2.5X and 3X opening, if anyone can link a program it would be much appreciated ;)

I'm playing on Stars btw.
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Are you using a laptop? If so, you could use the buttons from your touchpad for clicking (and still move the mouse like normal), that's what I do sometimes.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi again Balonger93,

Log ito Stars -> Options tab -> Hotkey Settings.

There is a help button but no idea how useful it might be.

Mal.
    • Balonger93
      Balonger93
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Harrier88
      Are you using a laptop? If so, you could use the buttons from your touchpad for clicking (and still move the mouse like normal), that's what I do sometimes.
      You sir, are brilliant.

Take your cookie, you earned it ;)
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by Balonger93
      ^Title

I know this sounds stupid, but after I grind for 3-4 hours my index finger actually hurts from clicking. Using my middle finger works, but is fairly annoying. A few years ago, I was playing FPS games for whole nights and I had no problems, now I have trouble clicking around playing poker :f_cry:

Any suggestion? :D I still have my trusty gamer mouse around.
      There are a lot of things you can do to minimize this.
        frequent breaks to stretch your hand/arm and wiggle your fingers. Change position of your mouse from its normal position to another one for a few minutes every so often.
        make sure that when using the mouse your forearm forms a straight line with the back of your hand -- your wrist is not bent either up or down, in other words.

others have offered good suggestions too.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      To make web surfing less painful as well, change the mouse configuration to the lefty one (swap left and right buttons - the right one is used less often, isn't it?) in the Control Panel.