My index finger hurts after grinding for hours T.T

• Balonger93
      Balonger93
      Bronze
      ^Title

I know this sounds stupid, but after I grind for 3-4 hours my index finger actually hurts from clicking. Using my middle finger works, but is fairly annoying. A few years ago, I was playing FPS games for whole nights and I had no problems, now I have trouble clicking around playing poker :f_cry:

Any suggestion? :D I still have my trusty gamer mouse around.
  • 8 replies
    • redrawstump
      redrawstump
      Bronze
      use your left hand - it feels like someone else is doing it for you
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      I get a repetitive motion type affliction but in the back of my hand. When it hurts too much I change the mouse to left handed, works fine for me but then I'm amphibious anyway. :rolleyes:

Another way could be to use hot keys if possible, but I don't know about those much, you'd need to ask our clever members for information about how to set them up.

Regards,

Mal.
    • Balonger93
      Balonger93
      Bronze
      Then I'll ask my kind members to help me set up some basic hotkeys :f_love:

The only thing I really need is the fold I'd guess, that's the one I use the most anyways. Some other useful ones would include 2.5X and 3X opening, if anyone can link a program it would be much appreciated ;)

I'm playing on Stars btw.
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Are you using a laptop? If so, you could use the buttons from your touchpad for clicking (and still move the mouse like normal), that's what I do sometimes.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi again Balonger93,

Log ito Stars -> Options tab -> Hotkey Settings.

There is a help button but no idea how useful it might be.

Mal.
    • Balonger93
      Balonger93
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Harrier88
      Are you using a laptop? If so, you could use the buttons from your touchpad for clicking (and still move the mouse like normal), that's what I do sometimes.
      You sir, are brilliant.

Take your cookie, you earned it ;)
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by Balonger93
      ^Title

I know this sounds stupid, but after I grind for 3-4 hours my index finger actually hurts from clicking. Using my middle finger works, but is fairly annoying. A few years ago, I was playing FPS games for whole nights and I had no problems, now I have trouble clicking around playing poker :f_cry:

Any suggestion? :D I still have my trusty gamer mouse around.
      There are a lot of things you can do to minimize this.
        frequent breaks to stretch your hand/arm and wiggle your fingers. Change position of your mouse from its normal position to another one for a few minutes every so often.
        make sure that when using the mouse your forearm forms a straight line with the back of your hand -- your wrist is not bent either up or down, in other words.

others have offered good suggestions too.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      To make web surfing less painful as well, change the mouse configuration to the lefty one (swap left and right buttons - the right one is used less often, isn't it?) in the Control Panel.