A full bottle of challenges ...

• Schreiberderschreibt
      Schreiberderschreibt
      Bronze
      Hi ! :f_cool:

I want to improve the activation, work, time-management, my English, the (for me) new langue "Spanish", my diet, my body-workout, ... :f_biggrin:

I need to get more power and motivation for the whole day, for every day!

Do you know some good things about time-management? Or other things that I could need?

Feel free and write me in a comment and I will love you! :f_love: :f_love:
  • 20 replies
    • Schreiberderschreibt
      Schreiberderschreibt
      Bronze
      My challenges for this year (2015):

• push my state in the ladder of success (in my job)
      • massive improvement in my computer sience and business skills
      • work out my body and live healthy
      • improve my knowledge (all what is in my interests)
      • improve English and Spanish
      • train for a marathon
      • train my 2 dogs

[sry I was an active poker player, but this thread is not about poker]

(Btw.: I am from Germany and my English sucks, so I am sry for and try to improve it)

My Problem right now:
      I do so much that I have deficiency in time and there is another point of this. Because I do so many things it is hard to motivate myself everyday and every moment. So I try to motivate myself be seeing what I get an succeed and what I fail. Second problem is for me that after this all I want to do I need some more time for my girlfriend, dog, friends and family. :f_frown:

So first of all I want to detail what I wanne do, so I will take every point from top and write down what I want to do to get this target.
    • Schreiberderschreibt
      Schreiberderschreibt
      Bronze
      Study:

Studying is one of the most important things!

In a week I need about round 30 h in a week and I want do the full study-stuff in the week so I have 5 days. Makes more round 6 h a day. So we finish with the fact:

Mo - Fr: 6 h every day :s_thumbsup:

16 h of 30 h I am at the university. So I really have to motivate myself for the other 14 h a week and learn for myself or program a code.

Business:

Next to my study I have to a business. This is the second time-eater. So from now I want to work just 3 h a day from Monday to Friday and work this time more effective. I need to delegate all what I can delegate and I need to work more concentrate! So I finish with the fact:

Mo - Fr: 3 h every day :s_thumbsup:

All in all: Mo - Fr: 9 h every day
      (if there is more to do I will finish that work-part as well; work-live balance)
    • Schreiberderschreibt
      Schreiberderschreibt
      Bronze
      Fitness:

Easy part -> I workout my body in a gym not so far away form my home. For a workout I need 2 h (include time for shower and protein drink, ...). I workout 3 times a week on Mo, We, Fr. Also I need time to cook and eat. For every meal I need round 1 h. Some info for that: I aliment vegan! But this is not a problem for me in fitness, it is just normal. :f_biggrin:

Marathon:

For my marathon training I want to run two times a week about 1 h. I have no time to train more for that and I thing there is no need to do this. I do not want to be the fastest, I just want to be fast and fit! :f_cool:
      With shower and co. I need 1.5 h

Plan:

Mo: Chest, shoulder and nape
      Tu: Jogging-workout
      We: Biceps, Triceps and belly
      Fr: back, legs and belly
      Sun: Jogging-workout

So all in all I have:
      Mo-Sun: 3 h every day (for meals)
      Mo, We, Fr: 2 h every day (body-workout)
      Tu, Sun: 1.5 h every day (marathon-workout)

(from now you can see the time flows by :D )
    • Schreiberderschreibt
      Schreiberderschreibt
      Bronze
      Knowledge:

This is for me my favorite-part. And I think it is the most important part as well. In this knowledge-part I want to read, go to different seminars or do it in other possible ways. The target is: More knowledge! :f_biggrin:

Most time this part would be the reading-part, because its the easiest and cheapest way. Right now I read a marketing-book for the IT-industry. Parallel I read "Das Geschäft des 21sten Jahrunderts" written by Robert T. Kiyosaki. :]

I want to spend 0.5 h in the week and 1.5 h at the weekend to read or something like this.

Third language "Spanish":

This is one part that takes the most motivation for me. I love that language but learn the vocabulary needs so much willing and motivation for me. The start is like 99% theory.

I want to start with 1 h every day -> 7 days a week!

All in all:

Mo-Sun:1 h every day (Spanish)
      Mo-Fr: 0.5 h (knowledge-build)
      Sat-Sun: 1.5 (knowledge-build)
    • Schreiberderschreibt
      Schreiberderschreibt
      Bronze
      Timebalance:

So now I have an overview about what I need to manage at every day. Some parts will come more like cleaning, tidy up and chill-out. The last part chill out is very important. Other way my head will crash and I would do the next 2 or 3 days: nothing!

I need about 7.5 h sleep !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      That is also a really important thing. Other way I am tired and I can not work with 100% and I wast time that I could spend in sleep. :s_cool:

So I can not go to bed before 10 PM. And because of this I can not stand up before 5:30 AM. The early is the best time to work for me. And so I plan my agenda like this and stand up in the early @ 5:30 AM. I hope so, but we will see. :D

So I think this could be a possible agenda for the normal weeks:

Monday:
      5:30 AM: Stand up, go and take a shower and the rest
      6:00 AM: A healthy and delicious breakfast
      7:00 AM: Start Work (University or business)
      1:00 PM: Lunch-time
      2:00 PM: Go on by work (University or business)
      5:00 PM: Dinner-time
      6:00 PM: Spanish
      7:00 PM: Gym
      9:00 PM: Clean everything and chill down
      9:30 PM: Reading-time

Tuesday:
      5:00 PM: Spanish
      6:00 PM: Jogging-workout
      7:30 PM: Dinner-time
      8:30 PM: Clean everything and chill down

Wednesday:

Thursday:
      5:00 PM: Spanish
      6:00 PM: Dinner-time
      7:00 PM: Clean everything and chill down

Friday:

Saturday:
      7:00 AM: Spanish
      8:00 AM: Reading-time
      9:30 AM: Clean everything an chill down

Sunday:
      X:00 AM: Stand up go and take a shower and the rest
      X+1:00 YM: A healthy and delicious breakfast
      X+2:00 YM: Spanish
      X+3:00 YM: Reading-time
      X+4:30 YM: Jogging-workout
      X+6:00 YM: Clean everything and chill out

:rage: :facepalm: :rage: :facepalm: :rage: :facepalm: :rage: :facepalm: :rage: :facepalm: :rage: :facepalm: :rage:

It seems really shit to have days like this, but I want to reach things. If I just want to sit on a coach I do not need such a hard agenda and management. But I want to reach a big thing. And about the most things that I do the whole day I can say that I love that things. :heart: :f_love:
    • Schreiberderschreibt
      Schreiberderschreibt
      Bronze
      Food: :coolface: :coolface: :coolface: :coolface: :coolface:

I need to detail my food. I want to have 3 meals a day and this meals have to be vegan and healthy and should be a good basic for my body-workouts. Today I want to buy that food for over 1 week so first of all I need do check out what I am: I need a food-plan

Monday:
      Meal 1: muesli (250 g soy-yogurt, 1 banana, 1 apple, 50 g flax seed, 100 g oat flakes and some cashew nuts + cinnamon) + 1 glass of multivitamin juice + 1 zinc tablet
      Meal 2: http://www.sportnahrung-engel.de/shop_content.php/coID/2019/content/Paprika-Gruenkern-Bratlinge
      Meal 3: http://www.sportnahrung-engel.de/shop_content.php/coID/2050/content/Scrambled-Tofu

Tuesday:
      Meal 1: hot-breakfast (I boil 50 g corn-puree, 70 g oat flakes and soy-milk, after that I put in some berries, grapes 50 g flax seed and 1 banana + cinnamon) + 1 glass of multivitamin juice + 1 zinc tablet
      Meal 2: http://www.sportnahrung-engel.de/shop_content.php/coID/2500/content/Basmati-Reis-mit-Tofu-Nuggets-und-Gemuese
      Meal 3: warm salad (take carrots and zucchini cut it into really thin stripes -> I cut that with a skimmer -> do all in a pan and add sunflower seeds and olive-oil -> make it hot and add in some pepper and other spices)

Wednesday:
      Meal 1: full-corn-bread with good vegetable fat, avocado, tomatoes and fresh basil + spices + 1 glass of orange juice + 1 zinc tablet
      Meal 2: http://www.sportnahrung-engel.de/shop_content.php/coID/2067/content/Asia-Nudeln-mit-frischem-Mais
      Meal 3: 255 g kidney beans, nuts, warmed up and added by rocket salad

Thursday:
      Meal 1: 50 g quinoa, with 1 banana, 1 apple and some grapes and cashew nuts + cinnamon + 1 glass of orange juice + 1 zinc tablet
      Meal 2: 80 g Rice with broccoli, peanuts, and a vegan "Jäger-sauce" without cream
      Meal 3: tomatoes-salad with basil, onions and nice spices

Friday:
      Meal 1: muesli (250 g soy-yogurt, 1 banana, 1 apple, 50 g flax seed, 100 g oat flakes and some cashew nuts + cinnamon) + 1 glass of orange juice + 1 zinc tablet
      Meal 2: 3 silce of full-corn-bread and this a banana-spread (4 bananas, 50 g almonds, a little bit agave syrup, 20 g protein powder)
      Meal 3: warm salad (take carrots and zucchini cut it into really thin stripes -> I cut that with a skimmer -> do all in a pan and add sunflower seeds and olive-oil -> make it hot and add in some pepper and other spices)

Saturday:
      Meal 1: hot-breakfast (I boil 50 g corn-puree, 70 g oat flakes and soy-milk, after that I put in some berries, grapes 50 g flax seed and 1 banana + cinnamon) + 1 glass of multivitamin juice + 1 zinc tablet
      Meal 2: http://www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/2030591329165659/Vegetarisch-veganes-Chili-con-Carne-SuperNova.html
      Meal 3: http://www.sportnahrung-engel.de/shop_content.php/coID/2050/content/Scrambled-Tofu

Sunday:
      Meal 1: 50g quinoa, with 1 banana, 1 apple and some grapes and cashew nuts + cinnamon + 1 glass of orange juice + 1 zinc tablet
      Meal 2: potatoes, zucchini, carrots and aubergine/broccoli + paprika with oil, good spices and nuts into the oven, ready
      Meal 3: tomatoes-salad with basil, onions and nice spices

I add to every day one cup of coffee and 4 litres water! ;)
    • Schreiberderschreibt
      Schreiberderschreibt
      Bronze
      Tomorrow I will start by the first challenge:

#Challenge 1: 6-Week-Workout! (07/07/2014 - 18/08/2014)

The next 6 weeks I want to do that challenge! The first day I will start with structure all because this is not the first try of writing that. It is the second time. But I know the fail and can avoid it!

Right now I have more time the next 6 weeks because I do not have to study that much. But I still want to do something for study this time.

• gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi Schreiberderschreibt,

That's quite some challenge you've got going there, very impressively written to!

I can't help much with the food or the working out but I do wish you well in your quest!

I doubt you will need any, but very good luck to you,

Watching this one,

Mal.
    • Schreiberderschreibt
      Schreiberderschreibt
      Bronze
      Hi Mal,

Your comment brings some motivation with it. So thank you :) .

Motivation

Content:
      • General
      • The after-that-motivation
      • Music as motivation
      • That blog as motivation
      • If you loose all of it

General
      Motivation is the key for more or less everything. If I have the motivation I can do it; so I need to get the most value of motivation I can get. I googled a little bit about "motivation" but the answers are just general and bad in my opinion. So here I will write down my personal and "best-working-for-me" motivations to get a type of an motivation-plan. That plan should include motivations for the different activations I have to handle AND a plan what to do if I am so unmotivated that everything will not help. The second part is that important as the first part is.

The after-that-motivation
      The after-that-motivation is just a standard of motivation you should know. You do that what you carry out and after succeed you give yourself something you like - reward principle -. But there are two important things you should manage. First just small and cheap things and second just things that you would not give yourself by failing the things. The second part is important and needs explanation. If you are at a centre for massage (every week one time) and let a woman massage you and now you say for example: If I am ready and done with a book (that I do not like but I need to read) I get a massage.
      So there is no motivation because you get your massage every week. And now you should do something to get the same. No - it is not a motivation. I need something what I can get by succeeding what I never get before.

Some example that I will use for my case:
      • Buy myself a magazine that I like to read
      • Take one day free
      • Shopping-Tour

Some thing for the finish: Reward yourself instant! Do not wait some days!

Music as motivation
      Music is a basic-thing for me in case of fitness-workout, jogging, clean up or cook anything. Any time when I do not need to concentrate myself or communicate with somebody I hear music because music is some tool for me that can bring me up and down :D . And if I hear the right music in the right moment it is like the needed boost to get motivated.

That blog as motivation
      That blog is a motivation for me as well. It is easy to comprehend. By typing and posting what I want to do and what I could convert into reality I can see what I could reach. So there are no many things to say to that point.

If you loose all of it
      If any motivation just will not work in some moments I developed some bad-case-motivation-plan:

1. Watch a prepared motivation-video (there are thousand of them @ youtube.com ... so check out your favourite)
      2. Remember to your "hero"; just your favourite person in things like "keeping up and going on"
      3. Open all windows to get fresh air!
      4. Wash your face in cold water!
      5. Go back and do your fu**ing job! Show that you can do it!

:f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:
    • Schreiberderschreibt
      Schreiberderschreibt
      Bronze
      [Almost] All is running perfect!

Sometimes I am really tired and not that concentrated that I want to be :D . I heard of meditation and the improvement of the concentration. Do somebody practice it? Is here somebody who know how many time I have to invest to get good results by meditate? How to start? Does somebody know a good book, guide or any text about it? :)

I took some little changes to improve my English.
      Here you can see the basic-view of my activities.

So many times I am using that blog for myself so I think I should improve my first post with a list of contents with the associated links. :f_eek:
    • kidzoltan
      kidzoltan
      Platinum
      wow! very detailed blog! good luck and keep updating! :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin:
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Hi sir,

Thanks for sharing all these, I really admire your organizational skills,

I will follow for sure and hope I'll learn even more, so please keep us updated :)

Kind regards,
      Fran
    • Schreiberderschreibt
      Schreiberderschreibt
      Bronze
      Hi Fran and kidzoltan :)
      Nice to read that you can make some use of my written thoughts. :f_biggrin:

Saying "No"

Today I got a problem by being to late in my time balance. I got 20 papers to work with and fill in and it was time to stop working and start learn for myself. It was time to workout my foreign languages. But I took the papers and after a hour I finished it.

What I did ?!: :s_confused: :s_confused: :s_confused:
      I spend time in pressing things and canceled (for me) important things. I think anybody do it almost every day. We get really "for this moment" strongly things and cancel the important things.

For right understanding:
      important things = things to get your target
      pressing things = things that you just need to do, but they do not bring you to your goal, you just need to execute them

And now if I structure my thoughts about it I am really sure that this was not the right order of priority I did it. I could do the pressing things tomorrow in that time that I planed for things like this. I mean; I am not a friend of the words "Let it do tomorrow!", but in some cases it will be the best. Just saying "No!". :P

I know it is the right, because I know my time-structure is that good that I get all things I want to do. So there is really no need to cancel one important thing to do a pressing thing.

Just use the word in the right moment with understanding:

"NO"

because I want to work for my target and not for the pressing things that come in between. :f_biggrin:
    • Schreiberderschreibt
      Schreiberderschreibt
      Bronze
    • Schreiberderschreibt
      Schreiberderschreibt
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

what is new? So there are one thing that I want to write down today. It is just an experience. But for me it was such a good experience and I use it everyday so let me tell you why and maybe you are hard enough to try it 1 week by yourself.

Cold water!

In some post I wrote about the motivation and what to do if you can't motivate yourself. And there was some point I wrote about wash your face with cold water. It works really but just for a short moment and just ... ah ... yeah i mean it is good but just a "little" boost do get started for what you wanne do. So I tried the better solution. ;)

Go in the shower, take a shower and than turn down the warm water completely, turn on the cold water completely and count from 0 to 20 slow (started by that moment if it is completely the coldest water you can get) ! Every count is a long and big sec. I really do not know how cold the water is @ you. But here by me it is really, really cold. It is so hard that you maybe have to roar and all of your muscles are extremely tensed.

And this is what you want to have. It is really not nice to stand in that shower but after that .... WOW ... I never tried it before and do not know how good it is. Your full body is colder than any air in any room @ your home. And this feels sooooo good. Your head is so concentrated and you are sooooooooo focused. And if you got that feeling the next time you will turn it to cold like you like it.

Anybody heard of the "cold shower" but how really tried it to motivate yourself? This is really the best motivation I ever had. But you really need to get that coldness that your muscles are tensed. Other way I think you will not get that focused feeling that I am talking about. The water is to warm :/ :D

Since 1 week I practice that and I feel really good. A nice side effect is that it improves your body look and the body's defense. :f_thumbsup: :f_thumbsup: :f_thumbsup:
    • Schreiberderschreibt
      Schreiberderschreibt
      Bronze
      Tradimo

There was a lot of time i thought about spending time in "Tradimo". I hope you know Tradimo other way just remember that it is more or less the same as pokerstrategy.com is. And it is made of the same maker. But the content is not about poker but "trading".

[ http://www.tradimo.com ]

Ok now I started on Tradimo to learn so much I can. I have to say it is more difficult to learn as poker is. You have to see a video more than 1 time to understand the full 100% that they talking about. It is just the third day that I spend time to that page but I can say that I learned really much. But it is another focus.

With poker you can really make money. It is more or less easy. Many people talk that poker is becoming harder and harder .. yeah ok but there is enough money at all that you can steal that fishes :f_eek: .

If you want to start @ tradimo as well as I do, you will get that the there is just ONE thing you can get in a realistic way (in the first 1-2 years) . And it is not the money. It is just the knowledge. I said "just". :D
      For me I really can say that knowledge has a bigger value that money has. With knowledge you can build money. With money but without finance-knowledge almost 100% of the people would loose that money.

This is the phenomenon that almost all people who win in lotto or sth. like that are some years later on the same level as before they won the money. :D
      It is just normal that they do not know how to hold the money. The did not learn it.

I will learn to handle, hold and manage money. And I thing a little part of this 100% that I have to learn I can get in Tradimo. ;)

Sure I will give a statement after 1 month, 3 month, 6 month and 1 year about how good or bad Tradimo is (in my opinion).
    • Schreiberderschreibt
      Schreiberderschreibt
      Bronze
      ##########################################

Another thing .... maybe I need to ask again in the forum of ps.com ... but maybe sb. know it here as well:

Is here a section for motivation, sport or economics ???? :s_confused: :s_confused: :s_confused:

In the german version (ps.de) there are sections for almost all topics. But if I try to find it here on ps.com i can not find it. :D :s_confused:

:) see ya guys
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Schreiberderschreibt,

We do have a recently created Sports board and I believe one of my colleagues has just oopened a Champions League thread. This board als contains a sub forum for eGames.

We don't have our own Motivation board but we do have some nice threads like:

[Coach] Schnitzelfisch: Productivity, Learning, Mindset, and Life coaching - Q&A

and

[Coach] Erik Stenqvist: Tilt, A-Game, Mindset, and Lifecoaching ~ Q&A

For inspiration, reading through some of the threads in Successes and challenges can be inspiring.

Regards

Laz
    • Schreiberderschreibt
      Schreiberderschreibt
      Bronze
      Hey Laz,
      thanks for you information and that 2 Coach-Blogs :heart:

Schnitzelfisch seems like being from Germany like me as well :)