Evil PLOtter

• PerusJamppa
      PerusJamppa
      Bronze
      Hello! :)

I guess now it's time to open a real blog to the english community. Reasons are very selfish. Lately i've become really, really lazy with my session analysis so i thought that maybe if i have a blog to update, i can't just shut down HEM after a session. :)

Even though i don't have any big plans or goals in poker, it would be very nice to be at least decent in what you do, even if it's only a hobby. My game of choose is Omaha and nowadays i play 6-max at PLO5.

I started my "career" at 2005-2006 with Hold'em. First at fullring FL, then up to the NL100-NL200, moving on to the NL25 6-max games and after quitting, started from the scratch (with PokerStrategy's 50$) again 6-max hold'em and from there to this (hopefully) final step, Omaha.

I also like to play little bit more rarer games, especially all games in H.O.R.S.E.
      I have my own Home Games at Stars so if someone wants, just contact me and if we can gather nice bunch of players, it's possible sometimes to organize some micro-H.O.R.S.E games. ;)

P.S If someone wonders why my english is so bad, that's because i'm from Finland, home of the rally-england! Thank god (or whatever) this is not a videoblog.. :s_cool:

• 54 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey PerusJamppa,

Nice start ti your blog.

Btw. Love H.O.R.S.E :f_love: Have sent friend request. :)

Happy Fishing

Laz
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Being merely decent is not an option, go big or go home :f_wink:

I hope to see your stake level rally this year - in case I'm forced to switch to Stars in 2015, I'd like you to play already higher than my lifetime working limits (PLO25-50-100) and not spoil my tables :f_cool:
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Great to see you also start english blog here.

GL! :s_cool:
    • PerusJamppa
      PerusJamppa
      Bronze
      Thanks for your support guys! :f_love:

Lazza, i added you to a friend list, and i could send the invitation to my home games. How about you, Nutz and Tony? You're interested about some HORSE -games? ;)

These two days has been quite frustrating. My archenemies, the aggro-fishes, has once again showed me what they are capable of. No matter how often i've seen them shoving all the money in with like gutshot, against me they have every freaking time the ultimate nuts. :D

Also i've done like a dozen of really, really supertight folds. Few times i had to use both of my hands and yell to my neibourghs to came to help me just to get the cursor away from the call -button.

Results are nothig dramatic, i have lost ~two buy-ins with EV 0, even i've been fighting with those aggrofishes.

Slowplaying and Bluffing

These are just horrible boards for set without any other re-draw. :(
      I could just shove here and hope that these guys are blocking each others outs, but i decided to just call and see if the turn is one of those good cards. Well, 7 is not one of those and when BB pots, it's straight for sure. I was quite hopeful that SB is having FD here and might join the pot if i call. Unfortunately he folds.

River completes the flush and when BB checks, i guess there's nothing much to do but try to blast him out of his hand.
      Word of advice: You probably should NOT try this kind of maneuvers in PLO5. At least not too often..

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Omaha Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $5 (100 bb)
      SB: $19.80 (396 bb)
      BB: $5.07 (101.4 bb)
      UTG: $3.34 (66.8 bb)
      MP: $6.37 (127.4 bb)
      CO: $10.31 (206.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K K Q 7
      UTG calls $0.05, MP raises to $0.10, CO folds, Hero calls $0.10, SB calls $0.08, BB calls $0.05, UTG folds

Flop: ($0.45) T K 8 (4 players)
      SB bets $0.21, BB calls $0.21, MP calls $0.21, Hero calls $0.21

Turn: ($1.29) 7 (4 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $1.24, MP folds, Hero calls $1.24, SB folds

River: ($3.77) A (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $3.45 and is all-in, BB folds

Results:$3.77 pot ($0.15 rake)
      Final Board: T K 8 7 A
      Hero mucked K K Q 7 and won $3.62 ($2.07 net)
      BB mucked and lost (-$1.55 net)

I try to remember use "mark hand" -option more often from now on because otherwise it's somewhat difficult to find those really interesting hands afterwards.
      Of course i could post those big pots where guys are shoving money in just to see that they're drawing 50-50, but i think that is just wasting of perfectly good bits.. :tongue:
    • PerusJamppa
      PerusJamppa
      Bronze
      Just terrible session today. On the scale 1-5 level of concentration was somewhere around 1. Somehow my head just wasn't "there." Quite often i found myself in spots thinking stuff like "Hmm.. I'm at the poker table.. I have four cards so this must be Omaha.. I wonder what happened on the last betting round.."

I was just totally clueless like all the time. Some might ask "How that differs from your normal game?" Well, not that much, but usually i can at least remember who was the pre-flop raiser etc, but not today.

But no worries! Thanks to the variance, i still managed to make 1 buy-in profit! :tongue:

What do i learn today? Maybe i should pay much more attention to my state of mind before entering the games.. :rolleyes:
    • PerusJamppa
      PerusJamppa
      Bronze
      Due the really nice (and warm) weather i haven't played that much lately. It's much more fun to be outside than sitting in front of the computer screen. Also because i'm living in this concrete cube, the walls absord all the heat during the day so this place is quite hot 24/7. I am living in first floor so i can't even leave windows/doors open by night because you never know what kind of people could crawl inside.. :D

All this 24/7 heat means that i have slept like 2-5 hours/night so i've been quite tired all the time and it's not a good idea play when you're tired.

If i have played, i've been mostly zooming. I don't even like that much zooming, but it's so easy just jump in to the action and if you want to quit, you don't have to wait minutes that BB to come.

Around ~700 hands with +2 buy-in is still just fine as a result.
      I couldn't find any really interesting hands. There just isn't that much dynamics in zoom so playing is quite straightforward. If you have the goods, you bet, if you don't, then you fold. So boring.. :(
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      I'll assume you're living in a block of concrete flats and say I know a little of how that can feel; I lived in a high-rise block some 15 floors up and the heat was horrendous in the summertime. It also made me ill by swaying in the wind, making the pictures on the walls go crooked! :D

I also totally agree about playing when tired, I've done that and it always ended badly for me. I can't however, agree about H.O.R.S.E. and suchlike, it's hard enough for me to get one right! :f_eek:

Oh and your English if very good indeed so no worries there!

Run good and have fun,

Mal.
    • PerusJamppa
      PerusJamppa
      Bronze
      The thing about in H.O.R.S.E -games is that i like to lose my money more than just in one game. :D

Played short ~1hour/300 hands session with +2,5 buy-ins.
      Nothing super interesting hands, but i'll post two of them

What U can do?

Villain seems to be a bit more looser guy but i'm quite confident that i can do post-flop something more than just play fit or fold.

Flop misses but i decide to (min)raise. If villain doesn't have it, it's really difficult for him to continue.

Hero (BTN): $5 (100 bb)
      SB: $4.54 (90.8 bb)
      BB: $5 (100 bb)
      UTG: $6.52 (130.4 bb)
      MP: $5.11 (102.2 bb)
      CO: $2.27 (45.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with T J A 8
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, SB raises to $0.41, BB folds, Hero calls $0.29

Flop: ($0.87) 4 3 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.46, Hero raises to $0.95, SB folds

Results: $1.79 pot ($0.07 rake)
      Final Board: 4 3 5
      Hero mucked T J A 8 and won $1.72 ($0.85 net)
      SB mucked and lost (-$0.87 net)

I just hate when these things happen

Heading says it all.

Villain is PLO5 reg. He probably knows these 1/2 pot cBets in paired boards, he probably knows that i know that and he probably knows that this board doesn't hit that good for me.

He doesn't fold too much in cBets when IP, so actually this hand goes all the way just like i planned.

I cBet 1/2 pot on paired board knowing that he probably will call it. I check the turn and let him bet. Sure every now and then he could have floated with 65xx but that is only a small part of his range. I could even raise but i think that he will play perfectly against raise, so i just call. Plan is to check-call ~every river

River is still a bit problematic. I could have FD so this is not perfect card for villain to bluff. But since he is quite aggressive and somewhat big part of my range is also overpairs, he might try to make me fold so i decide to check-call. But i don't know, maybe with that betsize i should actually fold. Well, runner-runner for the win anyways.

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 Pot Limit Omaha Cash, 5 Players

SB: $14.97 (299.4 bb)
      BB: $3.61 (72.2 bb)
      Hero (MP): $13.52 (270.4 bb)
      CO: $5.56 (111.2 bb)
      BTN: $5 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q 9 A A
      Hero raises to $0.17, CO calls $0.17, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.41) 4 4 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, CO calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.81) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.39, Hero calls $0.39

River: ($1.59) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.76, Hero calls $0.76

Results: $3.11 pot ($0.12 rake)
      Final Board: 4 4 2 3 9
      Hero mucked Q 9 A A and lost (-$1.52 net)
      CO showed 8 7 A 7 and won $2.99 ($1.47 net)
    • PerusJamppa
      PerusJamppa
      Bronze
      After about 3 hour sleep it was once again time to wake up. I quess (and hope) that my sleep debt has reached it's credit limits allready. Little by little this is beginning to feel a bit annnoying.. :D

Well, at least i had good time to participate in the KickTipp promotion. Unfotunately the pages were in german so i had to do some guessing what is going to happen if i press this and that button. Hopefully i get it right though.

After that i played a short ~350 hand session with result of +2,5BI. Again, nothing really impressive or interesting hands but let's post couple of them.

Lol

Villain is quite LAG, almost a maniac. Normally i could easily 3-bet this, but this guy has 4-bet 20%+, so i don't want to put myself in too weird spot.
      OTF i just have to jam it against this guy and of course he have the goods this time. We actually run it twice and i won only this first time. :D

HEM doesn't seem to support ri2 at least with replayer. However, i have somewhat old version at the time so maybe i should check for updates.

Hero (SB): $8.08 (161.6 bb)
      BB: $4.13 (82.6 bb)
      UTG: $4.68 (93.6 bb)
      MP: $6.37 (127.4 bb)
      CO: $4.65 (93 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6 9 6 9
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.17, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.15, BB folds

Flop: ($0.39) 6 A Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.37, Hero raises to $1.20, MP raises to $3.97, Hero raises to $7.91 and is all-in, MP calls $2.23

Turn: ($12.79) 6 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($12.79) 5 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:$12.79 pot ($0.50 rake)
      Final Board: 6 A Q 6 5
      Hero showed 6 9 6 9 and won $6.15 (-$0.22 net)
      MP showed A Q Q 8 and won $6.14 (-$0.23 net)

Stupid, just stupid

Flop is not that scary but when really passive guy c-raises i should just fold right there, or at least make a decision whether i go to the bitter end or what.
      Don't really know what i'm trying to accomplish here by calling. Maybe i was just tired, ok? :rolleyes:

SB: $3.16 (63.2 bb)
      BB: $5.45 (109 bb)
      MP: $11.36 (227.2 bb)
      CO: $1.58 (31.6 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $6.29 (125.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with A 3 7 A
      MP calls $0.05, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 2 folds, MP calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.47) 3 T 9 (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $0.30, MP raises to $0.82, Hero calls $0.52

Turn: ($2.11) 2 (2 players)
      MP bets $2.03, Hero folds

Results:$2.11 pot ($0.08 rake)
      Final Board: 3 T 9 2
      MP mucked and won $2.03 ($1.01 net)
      Hero mucked A 3 7 A and lost (-$1.02 net)
    • PerusJamppa
      PerusJamppa
      Bronze
      My computer is giving me a hard time. Lately it has freezed couple of times and blue screen of death has appeared twice. Ok, with Windows that's nothing new, but after normal shutdown it runned chkdisk next time i start it. Probably one (if not all) of my hdd is going broke. If i remember right, one of those is like 9 years old (used 4-5 years) so maybe i shouldn't be too suprised. :D

Because of that i spend yesterday mostly doing backups so i didn't play at all. But now i have all important stuff in safe so i can happily wait for that last crash. :s_evil:
      Well maybe happy is little bit wrong word 'cause i just hate re-installing everything, especially Windows and HEM. Luckily that hasn't happened like every year.

Today i played (again) about an hour long session and despite of my bad playing, i managed to gain ~2BI profit. Somehow that 1-2 hours is absolutely maximum time i can play. If i try to play any longer than that my game will totally fall apart. Also after that i have to take a looong break before it's possible to get back in to the tables. That's why i have only ~30k hands played this year. Tough guys can probably play that much in one week.. :f_frown:

I've been running too good lately so let's jinx it before i start to think that i actually understand something about this game.

Oh, you guys

Don't really know what BB thinks i have after donking two streets multiway. Well, when you hit your flush, you gotta pay with it, right?
      I thought that he can only call that with nutflush, but i guess i was wrong. Maybe i should shove.. :s_evil:

BB: $11.18 (223.6 bb)
      MP: $6.80 (136 bb)
      CO: $13.70 (274 bb)
      BTN: $1.12 (22.4 bb)
      Hero (SB): $5.20 (104 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4 4 9 9
      MP raises to $0.15, CO folds, BTN calls $0.15, Hero calls $0.13, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.60) Q 4 2 (4 players)
      Hero bets $0.45, BB calls $0.45, MP folds, BTN calls $0.45

Turn: ($1.95) 8 (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.60, BB calls $1.60, BTN calls $0.52 and is all-in

River: ($5.67) 8 (3 players, 1 is all-in)
      Hero bets $1.35, BB calls $1.35

Results:$8.37 pot ($0.33 rake)
      Final Board: Q 4 2 8 8
      BB mucked 7 J 9 J and lost (-$3.55 net)
      BTN mucked Q A 3 T and lost (-$1.12 net)
      Hero showed 4 4 9 9 and won $8.04 ($4.49 net)
    • PerusJamppa
      PerusJamppa
      Bronze
      Quite a bad session behind. Pre-flop ranges was sometimes way too tight and sometimes way too loose and post-flop i was pretty much in fit-or-fold mode. Somehow my jinxing didn't work so i still gain 2,5BI in ~250 hands. You can't trust anything these days. :s_frown:

Hero calls

Against LAGish MP, aggrofish CO and somewhat loose BU i should just fold this pre. But when you play your b/c-game you'll raise it! :s_evil:
      Luckily only CO calls.

Flop misses and i at least partly regain my consciousness and plan to c-f. There's just no reason start a fight with aggrofish OOP without a hand. CO checks behind which is little bit suprising.

Turn completes straight and after i check, CO bet 1/2 pot. I think my 99xx is actually quite good here because CO would have bet ~every made hand (TP+) and like any draw on the flop so i call.

River completes flush but i still don't believe he would have check FD behind on the flop. I check and i'm like 99% sure that he'll pot it, and what do you know.. :D

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 Pot Limit Omaha Cash, 6 Players

CO: $7.12 (142.4 bb)
      SB: $5 (100 bb)
      BB: $2 (40 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $5.03 (100.6 bb)
      MP: $13.14 (262.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9 A J 9
      Hero raises to $0.17, MP folds, CO calls $0.17, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.41) T 2 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($0.41) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

River: ($0.81) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.78, Hero calls $0.78

Results:$2.37 pot ($0.09 rake)
      Final Board: T 2 5 6 A
      CO showed 7 K Q 4 and lost (-$1.15 net)
      Hero showed 9 A J 9 and won $2.28 ($1.13 net)
    • PerusJamppa
      PerusJamppa
      Bronze
      Jinxing didn't work so i made that one thing that will guarantee downswing: I cashed out! :s_evil:
      After all it is World Cup -time so i decided to take some money for betting.
      And just like that, in blink of an eye 3 buy-ins just flew out of the window!
      Pattern was every time the same: From pre-flop to turn just betting, betting, betting and on the river, either the draws completed or the board pairs and villains start smashing pots. What you can do.. :s_grin:

However, when i participate in Star's football challenges i played one normal sit'n go and one Fifty50 sng. I finished 2nd in the normal sng and i took eazy victory with big stack in Fifty50 so from those i won around 5$ which is one buy-in to my level.

Now i'm just going to watch football and drink few beers so no more poker today. :f_cool:
    • PerusJamppa
      PerusJamppa
      Bronze
      Even there are still one day left in this month, i might as well wrap it up now.

Most of the month i was just watching World Cup so almost all the time (after the games started) i spend in tables, was somewhow related in "Football Fever" -promotion. And i actually did quite good. I gained around 20$ including all the winnigs i get when completing those challenges.

In Omaha alone i run like God which obviously was very nice for a change.
      Next month is quite busy because i'm going to a summer cottage for a week with my relatives. Also i'm a volunteer in local music festival so all the building, partying and deconstructing will take another week. And of course there are still few games left in the World Cup so i guess i'm not going to spend too much time on the tables in next month either.

Here's the graphics of June:

• PerusJamppa
      PerusJamppa
      Bronze
      Those freaking maniacs, you just can't beat them. I have lost like 2175688352$ for them no matter what i do.
      On the scale 1 to 10 tilt level is around 58.

• Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PerusJamppa
      Those freaking maniacs, you just can't beat them. I have lost like 2175688352$ for them no matter what i do.
      On the scale 1 to 10 tilt level is around 58.
      LOL

sometimes it's just their day, specially if you play with 4 cards
    • PerusJamppa
      PerusJamppa
      Bronze
      You're right Tomaloc, this is crazy game. :tongue:

Moved up to the PLO10 lately. Don't know how "final" it's going to be but let's try it at least for a while. 1000+ hands played and i'm two bins down but 1,5 bins up in EV.

At the beginning i leaked mentaly quite a bit. I maybe had some weird urge to show myself that i can easily beat these guys. Result of that was overly aggressive game and stacking off too lightly. :tongue:

After i took one step back and realized what i was doing i gain the control of my game and just concentrate playing basic TAG with somewhat decent results.

I have played quite lot PLO10 before so there wasn't any huge suprises. I think the main difference is that in PLO10 there are way more aggro fishes than in PLO5. It just took a while to get used to it but nothing else. But still i decided to pay more attention to the table selection and didn't sit on the tables where these guys were sitting. I also didn't even join the waiting list of the tables where avg. pot was big.

It's not like superhard to play against these guys but they can be a pain in the ass especially when they are IP. Also variance grows almost exponentially when you play with these bozos because pots are ~allways at least 3-betted and you need to stack-off quite lightly. Since there is option to choose, why not choose not to play with them. :)

That's Omaha

This is really classic in Omaha. You flop the nuts and you still feel sick in stomach. :D

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 Pot Limit Omaha Cash, 5 Players

SB: $10 (100 bb)
      BB: $6.30 (63 bb)
      MP: $15.03 (150.3 bb)
      Hero (CO): $14.55 (145.5 bb)
      BTN: $6.22 (62.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6 7 8 5
      MP calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, BTN calls $0.40, SB calls $0.35, BB calls $0.30, MP calls $0.30

Flop: ($2) T 6 9 (5 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP bets $0.96, Hero calls $0.96, BTN raises to $5.76, 2 folds, MP calls $4.80, Hero calls $4.80

Turn: ($19.28) 5 (3 players)
      MP bets $8.87 and is all-in, Hero calls $8.39 and is all-in, BTN calls $0.06 and is all-in

River: ($36.12) 6 (3 players, 3 are all-in)

Results:$36.12 pot ($1.50 rake)
      Final Board: T 6 9 5 6
      MP showed T 2 T K and won $34.62 ($20.07 net)
      Hero mucked 6 7 8 5 and lost (-$14.55 net)
      BTN mucked T A 8 Q and lost (-$6.22 net)
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Though not 4-bet-shoving the flop is a relatively tiny mistake here imo (misclick?), I still feel obliged to point it out. There are still a lot more pairs+wraps, sets, weakish combodraws to get value & protect the nuts from than straights+redraws and monster draws. I'd start worrying about running into better hands/draws if I were 300+ bb deep.
    • PerusJamppa
      PerusJamppa
      Bronze
      It wasn't misclick but what happened here is that i totally missed BU's stack size and i thought that he had 10,06$ left.

If we chop this hand in pieces:
      When MP donks 1/2 pot he definitely don't have str8. Actually nothing doesn't make sense. Maybe if he have some 98QJ/Ax98 with hearts or something similar like that he might donk something stupid like that. After he only calls i thought that only hand that could even remotely make sense is set.

I was thinking that BU shouldn't never raise here with naked 98xx. Even when Hero and MP haven't look like really strong, there are still two players to act.
      So either he have some re-draws with 98xx, or some monster draw JTQK/AKQJ with hearts. Didn't have stats more that ten hands so i didn't know how much he would 3-bet pre.

So actually i was thinking more like folding than shoving. Against given ranges i have quite lousy equity. Against TTxx and AKQJ/KQJT with hearts equities are 34% for set, 52% for draws and 14% for Hero. :tongue:

I decided to call and just fold if board pairs or better draw completes. There shouldn't be any FE left so obviously no one is going to bluff.

In this hand however because of the stack size BU could, should and probably will shove much weaker hands/draws than i was estimating so i think you're right and i should have shove the flop.
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Silver
      Hey Perus,

Nice read overhere,

Always like to follow you PLO guys, I'm probably jelly I never succeeded to learn more and beat this beast, but once in the future I'm certain I'll try :D

Subbed and glgl,
      Fran