10 years playing, zero tools used

• Halfamp
      Halfamp
      Bronze
      Hey guys and girls,

I'm pretty new on these forums and as yet have never used any kind if poker tools beside from my own spreadsheets on winnings, profit and bankroll etc.
      The main reason being that as a recreational player the micros don't really warrant spending the money.
      As I have started taking poker more seriously and set myself some goals, I would like to know what is out there for free or small fee, that are good tools to have.
      Sorry for the new thread but I'm a newb to these systems and could use some guidance.

Thanks
  • 4 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hello Halfamp and welcome to the community here!

We have a page of tools here that you can download. Some are for free, some are subscription based and some you can buy outright.

Click here to go to the Poker Tools page.

Oh and remember some of them have free trials so you can try them out.

If you need further help, please, don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Mal.
    • LynellHillaire
      LynellHillaire
      Basic
      What kind of poker tools you do you need? I am also newbie to poker and getting training from some tools or software like note caddy, ninja, leak buster, ace poker drills etc. You can also get those from online for free or small fee.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by LynellHillaire
      What kind of poker tools you do you need? I am also newbie to poker and getting training from some tools or software like note caddy, ninja, leak buster, ace poker drills etc. You can also get those from online for free or small fee.
      Hi, LynellHillaire

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com !

At the very beginning, you don't need much.
      I found Excel very helpful when playing with odds & outs and break-even calculations, but those aren't necessary to play.

Equilab is superb for analysing equities.

I've tried all of the tools you mention except Ace Poker Drills.
      I didn't keep any though, because I don't play the volume that would make them worth the effort.

I watched a coaching yesterday where tomsom87 was using Table Ninja playing 18 180-man SnGs. Such a thing would not be possible without it. I could barely keep up, and I had no decisions to make. If I played that kind of volume, I would definitely get it again.

I keep notes using the poker rooms note system -- sometimes I use Holdem Manager's system.

I use Holdem Manager 2, but nowhere near its full potential.

Best or luck,
      --VS
    • Paakjis
      Paakjis
      Bronze
      first two years I was playing without nothing (for fun, but with$) , done good, despite that I was playing like degenerate. Bought HM, first more than a half year didn't understand shit, thought, that it will do everything for me and all I have to do is just to click buttons.

Don't make same mistake at the beginning, if you start to use one of the poker apps, take real good and detailed attention to it, before you start play the game. For me, it was like that, I know half of it, so told my self, that I will crush souls now, this bullshit make feel better, but then I lost.... :f_biggrin: