[NL2-NL10] c-bet against big stack

• mikelstwe
      mikelstwe
      Bronze
      Is the c-bet on the flop correct? I've noted that some the big stacks on partyp like to cold-call SSS players with Axs/o when we raise in late position. Since they know we raise "weaker" hands from late position and if they hit, they have good implied odds.

Maybe somebody could advise me how to alter my play when facing BSS players who aren't complete donks.

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9:spade: , 9:diamond:
      UTG+1 calls $0.10, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, 2 folds, CO calls $0.10, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.70, BB folds, UTG+1 calls $0.60, 2 folds.

Flop: ($1.70) 2:diamond: , A:heart: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero raises $1.53 (All-In), UTG+1 calls $1.53.

Turn: ($4.76) A:club:
      River: ($4.76) 3:spade:

Final Pot: $4.76

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and nines (9s 9d)
      UTG+1 shows three of a kind, aces (7s As)

UTG+1 wins with three of a kind, aces (7s As)
  • 2 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I am almost always making the same move in this scenario. I require stats to play it differently.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Shove Preflop as you are OOP postflop. Also nines tend to be a preflop hand since the % that an overcard comes is higher than TT/JJ. This also has to do with live cards: not everyone holds 9x but more people tend to call you with Tx,Jx which gives them 1 live card.

As played, it is an auto shove you will be profitable in the end if you continue doing it.

- Gerv