Stacks:
      UTG didi71 ($2.99)
      UTG+1 Hero ($21.64)
      CO eddila ($27.93)
      BTN Page06 ($19.70)
      SB chiptrickz89 ($28.21)
      BB Nisl ($20.74)

Pre-flop: ($0.30, 6 players) Hero is UTG+1
      1 fold, [color:#272BA6]Hero raises to $0.90[/color], [color:#B93238]eddila calls $0.90[/color], 3 folds

Flop: ($2.10, 2 players)
      Hero checks, eddila checks

Turn: ($2.10, 2 players)
      [color:#272BA6]Hero bets $1.40[/color], eddila folds

Final Pot: $3.50

stats: 38/4.8/1.7/24 over 168 hands (vpip/pfr/af/wts)

I just hate to cbet on paired flops, I usually do against not very good players because they usually play fit or fold. But against aggro plyers like this player seems to be or TAGs/LAGs I prefer to c/r or c/f. They float/raise cbet often.

I was actually going to c/r, is it ok?
  • 7 replies
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      Why you raise 4.5BB pf?

Cbet flop. Paired boards are very scary on NL20.
      If he don't have overpair, 4x,2x he will probably fold.
      Checking on this board is very weak

The fact that he is aggressive don't mean that he is a thinking player.

cbet and if he RR you 3bet/fold
      4beting bluffs on the flop on NL20 is not something that you will see

Best regards,
      kukkwonBG
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kukkiwonBG
      Why you raise 4.5BB pf?

Cbet flop. Paired boards are very scary on NL20.
      If he don't have overpair, 4x,2x he will probably fold.
      Checking on this board is very weak

The fact that he is aggressive don't mean that he is a thinking player.

cbet and if he RR you 3bet/fold
      4beting bluffs on the flop on NL20 is not something that you will see

Best regards,
      kukkwonBG
      I raised 4.5BBs because there were some donks on the table, I usually raise up to 6BBs because they call any raise. With AJs on MP I'm not sure if I should do it tho, what do you think?

And cbetting and 3bet/fold looks interesting, but sounds like variance. Doesnt c/r get the same effect for cheaper?
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      With c/r/fold and b/3bet/fold you may have the same equity but there will be more money in the second play. And still I thing you have less FE on this kind of board w/ c/r. Cbet is very good on this kind of boards.

You must raise with AJ, but not to 4.5 BB and it is very weak habit to raise more with strong hand and raise less with junk. So raising 4BB+1 per limper is fine.
      Don't raise more. If you want to isolate a limper with SC or low pocket pair you don't want to play very big pot.
      Even on higher limit 3.5 or even 3BB may be better. This give you freedom to play drawing hands with aggression

Best regards,
      kukkiwonBG

I'm a little bit sleepy now and I'm not so sure that I answer you questions
      Feel free to ask more
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kukkiwonBG
      With c/r/fold and b/3bet/fold you may have the same equity but there will be more money in the second play. And still I thing you have less FE on this kind of board w/ c/r. Cbet is very good on this kind of boards.

You must raise with AJ, but not to 4.5 BB and it is very weak habit to raise more with strong hand and raise less with junk. So raising 4BB+1 per limper is fine.
      Don't raise more. If you want to isolate a limper with SC or low pocket pair you don't want to play very big pot.
      Even on higher limit 3.5 or even 3BB may be better. This give you freedom to play drawing hands with aggression

Best regards,
      kukkiwonBG

I'm a little bit sleepy now and I'm not so sure that I answer you questions
      Feel free to ask more
      Yes but donks dont notice that, they just call. And I'm happy to play big pots against them, they wont flop most times so I just take more money preflop. Is it so wrong? and btw, thx for replying to my posts, its helpful :)
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      Yes is maybe true that most of them is donks.
      But if you play in a way that is easy to read in time you will start to feel strange thing happen. When a good player knows your range so well pf he can call with 32o and still win the pot. Don't tell your card to the whole table with your raises.
      It is enough one of your opponents to be even an average player and he will rape you so bad that you will start considering dropping poker and starting yoga lessons :tongue:
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      And you don't need to make the pot bigger so much preflop. Yes there are many donks. And donks will pay three street of value with TPNK (top pair no kicker) hands. You will get there money. It a matter of time.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would raise pf 3,5 or 4 bb.
      Since your UTG+1 range is so strong, then you should c-bet on that board, since he would fold a lot of his hands.
      If he calls and you hit, you could valuebet turn and river and there also could come Q, K where you could double barrel.
      So I like c-bet on that board, since it is better than c/c or c/f.