Looking for a 180man Student

• tomsom87
      tomsom87
      Bronze
      As an addition to part of my 180 man series, I will be looking for a student who wishes to be mentored for 180 mans.

I'm looking for someone who currently plays the games regularly (who has somewhere round breakeven / slightly losing results) and who would be interested in having me mentor them for a couple of months. It would involve live sweats, database reviews and HH reviews and would be free of charge. All sessions we have would be recorded and released as videos.

All I require is that you have your own roll and to be actively grinding the games ($2.5's, $8's or $15's). If you think you might be interested then please get in touch.
  • 17 replies
    • adamrothwell
      adamrothwell
      Bronze
      Hey, interesting idea. I would be interested in this, I play some 2.50 180 mans, low volume so far but I'm keen to learn.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      No longer interested.
    • Rufus433
      Rufus433
      Platinum
      Hey man,

I am interested, started playing and learning 180m only in January, have been putting in good volume in playing and learning these past 5 months.
      I am always eager to learn, i have good work ethic and i will keep putting in good volume in upcoming months, currently i am winning reg in 2.5$, last month tried to move up to 3r 8s and 15s, but without any real success.
      This would be really good opportunity for me to get better and take the next step. You can check my this years results in sharkscope sn- rufus433.
      Unfortunately, i missed last weeks coaching and dont have clue how did that hh review ended, but if you saw anything interesting and think you can help me improve my game, chose me. :s_biggrin:
    • MOLLOT
      MOLLOT
      Bronze
      Hey!

I am interested too! I play turbo mtts, 180's and 45 max. I play 5-6 days a week, 45-60 tourneys a day (I register in mtts and sngs for about 2 hours)

Last 2 months I had a huge streak so I had to move down to $2,5 180-max and $3,5-45 max instead of $8 and $3,5 R/A (this was my favorite) 180's and $7 45 max.

I understood why bankroll management is the first rule in poker and my HH analysis was to lazy. Now I began to work harder (Someone said that downstreaks are needed for better learning the game) but I feel that I have global mistakes and many spots where I don't quite sure that I am doing right things (like loose early stage ranges and so on). After I moved down the limits I understood how many regs where exploiting me =)

So, I really want become better in understanding the game and improve as a player!

P.S. My sharkscope - MOLLOT on pokerstars
    • SiKWiThIt
      SiKWiThIt
      Bronze
      Hey Tomsom,

I would love to be mentored in these 180s.

Being a uni student with nothing to do until October. I would guarantee volume > 3000 games per month in July and August.

Currently i am underolled for 2.50s, but with an opportunity like this i am willing to inject 200-300 buy ins into my account as this is an amazing opportunity to develop my game.

Kind regards and thank you for the coachings and videos thus far, can't wait to see more
    • Ahille22
      Ahille22
      Bronze
      Hy Thomsom,

I am also interested in playing 2,5 $. I also want to increase the limit while learning the game.

Unfortunately I don't have that many special things to be very attractive as a possible student, but I will say that I played a lot of cash (almost two years). I didn't reached higher limits than nl25 because I didn't want it too much, I was satisfied with what I was winnings at lower stakes.

I played for a short period of time SNG of 2,5 $, but I took the profit and tried to play heads-up cash games (I was a slightly loosing player).

I like to always improve my game and also to play a lot. This time I am willing to move up limits by playing only SNG.
    • TheLint
      TheLint
      Bronze
      -
    • SitandKiller
      SitandKiller
      Bronze
      i wish to be mentored for 180 mans. i think that i am a good person for it, cause im working so hard to try the crush it, i play it usually. almost i try to learn more and more each day and participe in the hand evaluation fórum.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Rufus,

I have removed your post as it contravenes our forum principles

Regards

Laz
    • Rufus433
      Rufus433
      Platinum
      Okey fair enough probably, can i know witch points i broke, i am no coach and have no plans to benefit from this, just a fellow grinder, as you can see i tried to get mentoring from tomsom a while ago, but as he hasn't replied to anyone, and there are more and more guys looking for help, just wanted to help out, but in that case please close this thread competently as this is outdated and tomsom is abandoned his plans and ideas regarding this matter so other guys don't get their hopes up.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Rufus,

I've sent you a friend request. I'll explain more by PM.

Regards

Laz
    • MaxLange
      MaxLange
      Bronze
      what happened here did u start coaching someone?
    • w4terman
      w4terman
      Bronze
      any news ?:D
    • hooni
      hooni
      Bronze
      Hey

I am also interested, I have started playing the 180 2,50$ from beginning of January. Made the transition from STT SNGs. I started playing STT in 2014 August, before that I have been playing cash game.
    • MOLLOT
      MOLLOT
      Bronze
      It seems nothing going to happen =) )
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey guys,

Last I heard tomsom87 was back at uni, so I'm not sure if he has the time at the moment. I will check and find out for you. :f_thumbsup:

Regards

Laz
    • tomsom87
      tomsom87
      Bronze
      Sorry for the confusion. For some reason I haven't got any email notifications about people posting in this thread!

As Lazza said, I have started back at university full time and my course has some really intensive block placements, so I haven't really been online at all for the past few months. I have a 4 week block placement in March and all but finish for the year after this. Because I'm having to pay for my degree this time, I have chosen to give it 100% of my focus because I can't afford to fail it!

That being said, I should be back online and grinding again from the start of March at which point I plan to pick up where I left off once I get back into things. I can only apologise to the people who I left 'hanging'. I perhaps should have updated this thread before now but everything kind of went out the window over night!!! So huge apologies to everyone.