Full Ring Action

• arthurbentley
      arthurbentley
      Silver
      My status has dropped this month because there is no action on ipoker. The full ring games have dried up completely, and I'm not playing 6-max tables that charge 6.7% rake. So I am playing else where, and if ipoker doesn't improve I'm leaving the network for good. I really don't get it. Well, I do. It's obviously those Twister games that have impacted on the cash table traffic.

Seeing as Pokerstrategy is owned by Playtech I may as well moan here. For what good it will do. Personally, I would like to see the 6-max tables scrapped, along with the 9-man tables, and introduce 8-man tables only. Also, no 20-40 BB tables which only makes things worse. If peeps want to play 6-max there would still be fast fold games. But as it stands, there is little full ring action, and I am not prepared to be raped by the rake playing 6-max.
  • 2 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey arthur,

Unfortunately neither Playtech or us can influence players decision to play 6-Max. The FR tables are stiil there, just nobody sits at them.

Only one site bucks this trend but you'll have to guess which site it is as we are not affiliated with them. But their FR traffic is huge.

Also I'll move this to General Poker Discussion.

Regards

Laz
    • arthurbentley
      arthurbentley
      Silver
      Yes, there is action elsewhere. That's where I have been playing. Unfortunately, I don't get any SP points but I am ripping up the tables nevertheless. What I don't understand about micro ipoker players is that they are paying more rake playing short handed tables!? At a network that charges top whack for rake.

The rake for Omaha games is obscene, twice that of Pokerstars. The SNGS are total garbage. Worse blind structure online. Nothing but rake grabbing bingo games. So yes, I think I will leave this network and concentrate on playing cash game elsewhere.

To be fair to ipoker, the ipoker tournament schedule is okay. The on tap games, and low buy in tournaments, are quite soft to play. Much softer than Pokerstars. So swings and roundabouts I guess.