Cruising Through The Limits

• ChickenNuggets
      ChickenNuggets
      Basic
      Time to begin the cruise through the limits. Starting out with a modest $50, I'll be trying to reach 100 NLHE with a 40 buy-in bankroll from 2 NLHE and $50. Hopefully I'll be able to achieve this, and I'll put down tibits of the journey here. I'll be playing 6 max games on PokerStars to try and achieve this.

and that's all your allowed to know :f_biggrin: .

Hands: 0, BR: $50
  • 6 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Best of luck!
    • steesteestee
      steesteestee
      Bronze
      We have got exactly alike goals and I play $0,01/$0,02 NLHE SH too but on 888poker.

Good luck.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi ChickenNuggets and welcome to blogs!

Sounds to me like you know what your about, so I'll let you get on with it and be watching your progress to see if I was right! :s_cool:

You have fun,

Mal.
    • ChickenNuggets
      ChickenNuggets
      Basic
      Originally posted by steesteestee
      We have got exactly alike goals and I play $0,01/$0,02 NLHE SH too but on 888poker.

Good luck.
      Hey! I used to play at 888 as well, but they reduced the table limit down. Then again it's much softer there, maybe I'll move there for 100nl once I reach an appropriate roll, the jackpot tables for full ring are surprisingly juicy. I remember having to play across limits there when playing the NLHE SH tables for the micros + low levels though.

Originally posted by gadget51
      Hi ChickenNuggets and welcome to blogs!

Sounds to me like you know what your about, so I'll let you get on with it and be watching your progress to see if I was right! :s_cool:

You have fun,

Mal.
      Ty, I will and definately am having fun. So far I'm just playing zoom to soak my feet, and its going well. You seem to have a popular blog, so I'll look forward to begin reading it soon.

And for anyone who is lurking, or just curious I'll quickly point out what I'm focusing on while playing 2nl. The pool here is largely loose passive, so my pre-flop plans, as well as my post-flop plans are adjusted for that. Pre-flop I am playing tight, with my opening ranges skewed heavily towards TPTK type hands, as I expect to get to showdown often, and TPTK type hands showdown way better then the fancy speculative suited connectors and gappers. As for post-flop plans, it's been repeated so many times but I'll say it here too, I just keep betting with relative TPTK or better and fold to raises while being very cautious when faced with aggression. That's a rough outline of the strategies I'm using.

So my first session is done, I'll be back for another later.

Hands: 4128(Z), BR: $60.40
    • steesteestee
      steesteestee
      Bronze
      I’d play on PokerStars if I was 21 but I am 18. The field is soft but the $0,01/$0,02 NLHE SH tables have got a maximum buy-in of 50bb. I prefer deep-stack play to mid- and short-stack play but I’ll be OK in the next limit where the maximum buy-in is 100bb.

I like your approach. I’ve played live poker for most of my life and I’m a happy medium of a tight- and loose-aggressive player but the loose-aggressive playstyle seems to lose money in micro-stakes cash games.
    • ChickenNuggets
      ChickenNuggets
      Basic
      So 2nl, such a slog fest. Recently I ended up playing 4 zoom tables and Hearthstone on the other screen. As of today that will stop as I ended up just focusing on playing Hearthstone...so fail? I tried to mix in some full ring zoom as well so I might just do that to keep myself grinding while at 2nl. I want to make this post meaningful, but not much to say...I got sidetracked and now time to come back with some gusto.

I played the big 3.3 and lost. I like playing mtt's so I'll play a few of them on the side ever now and then, but for the smaller field ones. MTT's will be my leak :(

Hands: 12517(Z), BR: $59.12 MTT:-$3.30