Zoom FR Break-even/Downswing

• ImpasX
      ImpasX
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I'm feeling unconfident right now. I've been playing 10nl Zoom FR for couple months, have 200k hands on it with 5.8bb/100 winrate. Don't ask why I don't move up.

So I had to take a break in May due university, played like 10k hands. Now I got back, lost like 3BI in one session, then 3BI in another the next day. May+June combined of 17K hands i'm down -5BI. Its jus't so hard to take when I was so confident in my game before may, and seems after break i'm hardly getting into shape. My stats/game didn't change as it seems to me. It it variance ? Did the break affected my game ? I was so pumped to get back to poker, and after rough sessions I'm feeling so bad. Maybe i'm not used to those downswings, didn't have more than -2BI session for couple months.

Your opinions, might it be variance ? Or I just need to play more to get into shape ? :(

If this post sounds stupid, might be, then don't answer it.
  • 6 replies
    • mrkhaan
      mrkhaan
      Bronze
      Hey,

I feel for you, man. I am going through the same kind of rough patch myself. Last month I was cruising 6bb/100 my way through nl5, but since the beginning of the month I managed to lose 10BI...
      You may be experiencing variance as well as form of tilt that prevents you from playing your A game. You lose a few big hands because of variance then you start playing scared or nervous, not cbeting enough or too much, folding easy calls, raising easy folds, etc... It all adds up and you loose money.
      You need to review your sessions with fresh eyes, take a few hours and do something that relaxes you, or even sleep on it and review your sessions the next day and try to be honest with yourself in order to determine how much of it is variance and how much is bad decisions.
      Try to keep your morale up, it will be better when your confidence is back.

GL.
    • Nasdrovje
      Nasdrovje
      Basic
      Analyze your session, try to see if you played bad or just got hit in the behind by variance. Post a few hands where you lost/won most bb's and maybe we can help you figure out what went wrong.
    • ImpasX
      ImpasX
      Bronze
      I'm analyzing, there are coolers, set over set, or KKvsAA, ofcourse there are bad plays by me, probably due tilt. Before that break in may, My mental state was so good, I wasn't affected to bad beats, probably trained over year, because didn't have any breaks, and was playing my A-game most of the time. After break, it seems that i'm more unstable, my confidence gets affected by coolers, bad beats. Not sure how to get to that stable mental state I had. What I understood about poker, that, skill is important, but seems that psichology might be more important, to play your A game...
    • ImpasX
      ImpasX
      Bronze
      Well, due my bronze status, I can't post hands on evaluation forums, since it's only up to 5NL. Not sure who could help me analyze my hands.
    • CreamyGoodness
      CreamyGoodness
      Bronze
      Just post random hands here, or start a blog. Thats what I did as my pokerstars account isn't tracked and I'm stuck at bronze level too. It's like limbo.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

You can post your hands in the No Limit Discussion Forum, regardless of status.

Best regards all,

Mal.