This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Win rate at NL5

• 4 replies
    • redrawstump
      redrawstump
      Bronze
      So of my maths are right your variance is approx 3.5 bb/100 over this sample size (assuming 70bb over 100 hands) which means you're probably beating the limit but there's about a 10% chance that you are breakeven or worse. 5bb/100 is solid for higher limits. If you're playing nits/rocks (e.g. Zoom) then this is ok. 10bb/100 is usually fairly easy to achieve if you pick good tables (high player in pot%). Given the rake at NL5 any positive score is good tho :)
    • RakeVictim
      RakeVictim
      Basic
      Originally posted by schelleXL
      I have been playing on NL5 now for 5 months - 40K hands and my win rate is around 5BB/100.

Is that good or rather weak ? What is normal/average ?
      No offence mate, but you suck at poker or you take poker for fun, not win the moniez ;)

Play 40k hands in 5 days, not months. Otherwise go play some FIFA or starcraft etc, waste your time there, it's less tilting :)
    • schelleXL
      schelleXL
      Silver
      Hi,

yeah, I take it for fun because I work for my money.

So time to play is an issue when you have a family, a job and other hobbies.

NL5 is a new limit for me this year, so I needed to adjust a bit also. And I can still learn a lot.

But i'm committed to gradually get better.

thks for the opinions.
    • redrawstump
      redrawstump
      Bronze
      I hear you on the time constraints @schelleXL. I'm in the same situation. TBH the standard of play gets much better from NL10 up. I'm not saying everyone is great or anything but it's hard to put someone on a range at NL2-5 given that there are so many erratic playing styles. At least when the opposition improves you can start playing some poker instead of waiting for villains to spaz. So I wouldn't pay much attention to your winrate, it's more about getting a BR together to move up the limits.