trojan in pokertracker?

• CustardKid
      CustardKid
      Bronze
      Hello, I recently tried to download the trial version of pokertracker 4 and my Norton antivirus detected a Trojan.1 (I think that was the name) anyway I just wondered if anybody else has encountered the same problem?

I would like to get it is is safe or is my Norton playing up lol?
  • 3 replies
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by CustardKid
      Hello, I recently tried to download the trial version of pokertracker 4 and my Norton antivirus detected a Trojan.1 (I think that was the name) anyway I just wondered if anybody else has encountered the same problem?

I would like to get it is is safe or is my Norton playing up lol?
      Norton is reading a flase-positive. It incorrectly thinks our registration system is a virus. You can safely ignore this - additionally you should review the instructions for using Norton with PokerTracker 4 because many Norton users have problems running the PostgreSQL Server without adding custom settings. Norton is not a particularly well-liked antivirus tool within the poker community, it is known to tag poker sites incorrectly as well.

https://www.pokertracker.com/guides/PT4/troubleshooting/anti-virus-firewall-and-security-software-configuration-guide
    • CustardKid
      CustardKid
      Bronze
      I've looked at that link, I have Norton 360, and It is slightly different to that one shown there, would it work if I turned off the smart firewall while I downloaded the programmes, installed them, then turned it back on afterwards?
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Please contact Norton, we cannot support their software, we only know the problems they have had in the past supporting PostgreSQL and our registration protection mechanisms. Many other users have had similar problems, they have either contacted Norton for a resolution or removed Norton entirely - to be replaced by a more lightweight antivirus and firewall tool. Its a personal choice of course.