This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

June Challenge

• mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

I finaly set my June challenge. I love to have tough challenges, because this is the point of challenge. You have to push your limits to be able to get to great things. Also I am confident that I will be prepared to move up to $7. Unless my coach advice me different. And also he mentioned some volume for higher limits in his blog (Making a living with STT SNGs), so I will try to put that volume in this month so I will see how much space I have related to my time. I am still learning, and will learn probaly all of my poker career, so I also need to put a lot of my time into learning staff and improving my game away from the tables. But I am confident, that I can organize myself well to get all those things done.

So here is my challenge:

:heart: Play at least 1800 $3.5 6-max Turbo SNGs

My current pace is not the best. First two days I was more or less just adjusting to the game and try to find whay back home with 2-4 tabling. When I knock on the door, I start to adding tables and at the moment I multitable 10. I still playa only 2 tables in my worm-up, so I get my brains fully in thinking mode for the grinding session.

Here is picture of my current pace:

GL at tables!
  • 27 replies
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Excellent target!

Once you start 6+ tabling with confidence in all the decisions pre and post flop, volume will be piece of cake for you :)
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

Here is my progress so far. I will need to step up pace to catch those tourneys. For that reason I will be playing at least 70 games/day from now on. But when I will catch them, I will reduce pace to 60 games/day. Here is proof of my progress:

GL at tables!
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

Todays session was realy sick. I split it in two parts, each contains 30 games.
      In first part I made a lot of mistakes so it ends in red numbers. Around 10BI.
      Second part was much better. You can see it in my blog.

Here is my current pace:

GL at tables!
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

In yesterday sessions I have again one superb session. It happen in morning. You can see more here. Another one was not so good, but I am happy about how things are going at the moment.

Here is my pace:

GL at tables!
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Bit behind on pace with the volume but I am sure you will pull it all off by the end of June !
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IvicaIliev77
      Bit behind on pace with the volume but I am sure you will pull it all off by the end of June !
      Yes. Thats whay I play 70 games per day.

GL at tables!
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

Yesterday I play only 35 games. I was too tired to play in the evening. So I go to sleep and play 70 games this morning.

Terrible outcom again. I don`t know if my HU game is realy so terrible or what?! in first session, 35 games, I get 40% in the money and only 2 wins, 12 second places. This is killing me! I will put a lot of free time to that problem for sure!

At the end of that first session I was thinking that I will lost around $100, because rivers beats me all the time. And when I look stats, I almost fell out of my chair. :f_o: :f_o:

Second one was much better. There I also done one move that costs me tourney. I made couple of times that play, so I will show you. This is probably my leak so will be great if I hear how to awoid those spots.

When opponent raises a lot I made move ocasionaly like that. I 3bet with little wider range. And in 90% of the time or even more, I made c-bet on flop if opponent call. If he would push BF I would fold.
      He call flop, so I check turn and he check back.
      River complete all draws, so I decide to push to scare his pairs or sets away. Maybe even straight.
      Poker Stars, $3.19 Buy-in (150/300 blinds, 25 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 2 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): 5,193 (17.3 bb)
      SB: 3,807 (12.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7 K
      SB raises to 600, Hero raises to 1,222, SB calls 622

Flop: (2,494) J 5 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets 1,222, SB calls 1,222

Turn: (4,938) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB checks

River: (4,938) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets 2,724 and is all-in, SB calls 1,338 and is all-in

Results:
      7,614 pot
      Final Board: J 5 3 2 4
      Hero showed 7 K and lost (-3,807 net)
      SB showed 5 5 and won 7,614 (3,807 net)

Here is my pace:

GL at tables!
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

Interesting week is behind me. Finaly my HU game getting better, so results are also better. More you can find in my blog.
      I am also very angry about my pace. I should have 900 games till now, so I am short for about 140 games. I hope I get back on track as soon as possible. My goal for next week will be to play at least 80 games per day. I also start to 12 tabling, so it shouldn`t be a problem.

Here is my pace:

GL at tables!
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

Good things keep caming, so I am optimistic about my future. Why? Check out here

Here is my pace:

GL at tables!
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey my love ;) how is it going?
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

Originally posted by Marta
      Hey my love ;) how is it going?
      First let me thank you for following my challenge! I am still behind, but tomorrow I have day off, so will be grainding a lot. Also I get new homework from my coach, so I put more time to that. Also I must improve my HU game first and then will be able to put much more volume to reach 1800 games this month. I still can do it, but it will be realy hard. I will need to play about 100 games per day. I will have 2 days off (Saturdays) till end of the month, so I am optimistic. But as I say I must improve my HU game, so if I will fail on that challenge, but would get better at HU, then it will be also great for me. And I won`t regret if I fail.

So here is my pace at the moment:

GL at tables!
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Thanks for the update. Great to see you want to focus on improving your skills. Good mindset! Fingers crossed :) have a nice weekend.
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Improving in the 1st place, grinding in the far 2nd from that.
      With HU you will gain minimum 3% ROI in current and future limits so it pays of to dedicate time to it and fix the leaks there.
      I like that you will not feel bad about failing 1.8k games. Even if you are short 200-300 games, it won't matter at this point as much as directly improving your ROI in future games you will play.
      Strong support and gl with the homeworks :)
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

I must anounce that I won`t be able to play 1800 games this month. I must improve my HU game and don`t forget to other areas, such as ICM. So I am putting much more time for studying than playing. I will do 1500 games, but I won`t be able to go further. I am not proud of that failure, but I am not sad, because I am investing time to improve my game.

I also update my blog, which you can find here.

Here is current pace:

GL at tables!
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Full support for this decision of course!

Within next 2 months I expect you to explode with knowledge which should reflect on tables as well.

Go go go :)
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by IvicaIliev77
      Full support for this decision of course!

Within next 2 months I expect you to explode with knowledge which should reflect on tables as well.

Go go go :)
      +1

:)
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

Since I won`t be able to komplete these challenge I decide to do new challenge for last 3 days (it is still 1,5h left today ;) ). Basicaly challenge in challenge.
      Challenge is to make 500 games in those days. this means from 20h - 22h of grainding. So let start:

UPLOADED
      100%
      :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

GL at tables!
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by mylove190207
      Challenge is to make 500 games in those days
      Best of luck mylove190207,

Let us know how it goes...
      --VS

(I hope my wife doesn't mind I called you "mylove" :coolface: )
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      Originally posted by mylove190207
      Challenge is to make 500 games in those days
      Best of luck mylove190207,

Let us know how it goes...
      --VS

(I hope my wife doesn't mind I called you "mylove" :coolface: )
      Yea I know it is weard nick. Why I choose it? Because I am very bad when it came to dates. So I chose nick mylove, because my girl is my love, and 190207, because on that date we have anniversary (19th of February 2007). So I don`t forget to buy flowers. :f_p:

GL at tables!