June Challenge

• mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

I finaly set my June challenge. I love to have tough challenges, because this is the point of challenge. You have to push your limits to be able to get to great things. Also I am confident that I will be prepared to move up to $7. Unless my coach advice me different. And also he mentioned some volume for higher limits in his blog (Making a living with STT SNGs), so I will try to put that volume in this month so I will see how much space I have related to my time. I am still learning, and will learn probaly all of my poker career, so I also need to put a lot of my time into learning staff and improving my game away from the tables. But I am confident, that I can organize myself well to get all those things done.

So here is my challenge:

:heart: Play at least 1800 $3.5 6-max Turbo SNGs

My current pace is not the best. First two days I was more or less just adjusting to the game and try to find whay back home with 2-4 tabling. When I knock on the door, I start to adding tables and at the moment I multitable 10. I still playa only 2 tables in my worm-up, so I get my brains fully in thinking mode for the grinding session.

Here is picture of my current pace:

GL at tables!
  • 27 replies
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Excellent target!

Once you start 6+ tabling with confidence in all the decisions pre and post flop, volume will be piece of cake for you :)
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

Here is my progress so far. I will need to step up pace to catch those tourneys. For that reason I will be playing at least 70 games/day from now on. But when I will catch them, I will reduce pace to 60 games/day. Here is proof of my progress:

GL at tables!
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

Todays session was realy sick. I split it in two parts, each contains 30 games.
      In first part I made a lot of mistakes so it ends in red numbers. Around 10BI.
      Second part was much better. You can see it in my blog.

Here is my current pace:

GL at tables!
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

In yesterday sessions I have again one superb session. It happen in morning. You can see more here. Another one was not so good, but I am happy about how things are going at the moment.

Here is my pace:

GL at tables!
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Bit behind on pace with the volume but I am sure you will pull it all off by the end of June !
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IvicaIliev77
      Bit behind on pace with the volume but I am sure you will pull it all off by the end of June !
      Yes. Thats whay I play 70 games per day.

GL at tables!
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

Yesterday I play only 35 games. I was too tired to play in the evening. So I go to sleep and play 70 games this morning.

Terrible outcom again. I don`t know if my HU game is realy so terrible or what?! in first session, 35 games, I get 40% in the money and only 2 wins, 12 second places. This is killing me! I will put a lot of free time to that problem for sure!

At the end of that first session I was thinking that I will lost around $100, because rivers beats me all the time. And when I look stats, I almost fell out of my chair. :f_o: :f_o:

Second one was much better. There I also done one move that costs me tourney. I made couple of times that play, so I will show you. This is probably my leak so will be great if I hear how to awoid those spots.

When opponent raises a lot I made move ocasionaly like that. I 3bet with little wider range. And in 90% of the time or even more, I made c-bet on flop if opponent call. If he would push BF I would fold.
      He call flop, so I check turn and he check back.
      River complete all draws, so I decide to push to scare his pairs or sets away. Maybe even straight.
      Poker Stars, $3.19 Buy-in (150/300 blinds, 25 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 2 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): 5,193 (17.3 bb)
      SB: 3,807 (12.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7 K
      SB raises to 600, Hero raises to 1,222, SB calls 622

Flop: (2,494) J 5 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets 1,222, SB calls 1,222

Turn: (4,938) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB checks

River: (4,938) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets 2,724 and is all-in, SB calls 1,338 and is all-in

Results:
      7,614 pot
      Final Board: J 5 3 2 4
      Hero showed 7 K and lost (-3,807 net)
      SB showed 5 5 and won 7,614 (3,807 net)

Here is my pace:

GL at tables!
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

Interesting week is behind me. Finaly my HU game getting better, so results are also better. More you can find in my blog.
      I am also very angry about my pace. I should have 900 games till now, so I am short for about 140 games. I hope I get back on track as soon as possible. My goal for next week will be to play at least 80 games per day. I also start to 12 tabling, so it shouldn`t be a problem.

Here is my pace:

GL at tables!
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

Good things keep caming, so I am optimistic about my future. Why? Check out here

Here is my pace:

GL at tables!
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey my love ;) how is it going?
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

Originally posted by Marta
      Hey my love ;) how is it going?
      First let me thank you for following my challenge! I am still behind, but tomorrow I have day off, so will be grainding a lot. Also I get new homework from my coach, so I put more time to that. Also I must improve my HU game first and then will be able to put much more volume to reach 1800 games this month. I still can do it, but it will be realy hard. I will need to play about 100 games per day. I will have 2 days off (Saturdays) till end of the month, so I am optimistic. But as I say I must improve my HU game, so if I will fail on that challenge, but would get better at HU, then it will be also great for me. And I won`t regret if I fail.

So here is my pace at the moment:

GL at tables!
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Thanks for the update. Great to see you want to focus on improving your skills. Good mindset! Fingers crossed :) have a nice weekend.
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Improving in the 1st place, grinding in the far 2nd from that.
      With HU you will gain minimum 3% ROI in current and future limits so it pays of to dedicate time to it and fix the leaks there.
      I like that you will not feel bad about failing 1.8k games. Even if you are short 200-300 games, it won't matter at this point as much as directly improving your ROI in future games you will play.
      Strong support and gl with the homeworks :)
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

I must anounce that I won`t be able to play 1800 games this month. I must improve my HU game and don`t forget to other areas, such as ICM. So I am putting much more time for studying than playing. I will do 1500 games, but I won`t be able to go further. I am not proud of that failure, but I am not sad, because I am investing time to improve my game.

I also update my blog, which you can find here.

Here is current pace:

GL at tables!
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Full support for this decision of course!

Within next 2 months I expect you to explode with knowledge which should reflect on tables as well.

Go go go :)
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by IvicaIliev77
      Full support for this decision of course!

Within next 2 months I expect you to explode with knowledge which should reflect on tables as well.

Go go go :)
      +1

:)
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

Since I won`t be able to komplete these challenge I decide to do new challenge for last 3 days (it is still 1,5h left today ;) ). Basicaly challenge in challenge.
      Challenge is to make 500 games in those days. this means from 20h - 22h of grainding. So let start:

UPLOADED
      100%
      :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

GL at tables!
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by mylove190207
      Challenge is to make 500 games in those days
      Best of luck mylove190207,

Let us know how it goes...
      --VS

(I hope my wife doesn't mind I called you "mylove" :coolface: )
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      Originally posted by mylove190207
      Challenge is to make 500 games in those days
      Best of luck mylove190207,

Let us know how it goes...
      --VS

(I hope my wife doesn't mind I called you "mylove" :coolface: )
      Yea I know it is weard nick. Why I choose it? Because I am very bad when it came to dates. So I chose nick mylove, because my girl is my love, and 190207, because on that date we have anniversary (19th of February 2007). So I don`t forget to buy flowers. :f_p:

GL at tables!