What does this graph mean?

• Webbybear
      Webbybear
      Bronze
      Afternoon guys, hope you're all well :)

I never analyse my play at all. I think I'm a fairly consistent casher and I play Double Your Money (DYM) SnG's at Skypoker.

Someone recommended looking at Shark Scope so I did and I got this graph...

As mentioned I consistently cash and I don't often put money in cos I just have a tenner in my account and withdraw any profits.

I am however going to jam £100 in my account and up to £5 DYM's to see how I get on.

Would just be interested what this graph can really tell me?

Cheers.
  • 9 replies
    • Webbybear
      Webbybear
      Bronze
      Ps, here's a print of stats... Any good???

• Webbybear
      Webbybear
      Bronze
      Finally, one last one lol (sorry for all the pics)

• badgerer
      badgerer
      Silver
      to me that graph says double up sng's are a waste of time. but that's just my opinion.

the most obvious thing is that 175 games is almost nothing and very little conclusions can be drawn (if any) because the variance factor is too big.

the graph will more accurately reflect your true winrate as you approach 1k games but even that could be considered a small sample.

3.8% isn't too bad if you can keep it up.

good luck on the next limit.
    • Webbybear
      Webbybear
      Bronze
      Thanks Badgerer.

How come a waste of time?

What is ROI? Sorry but very new to these terms.

Thanks
    • badgerer
      badgerer
      Silver
      roi= return on investment. your profit expressed as a percentage of the total money wagered.

i believe it's a waste of time because its hard to maintain a high roi therefore profit is limited. i would recommend you invest your time learning standard sit and go's. but then again, i am just one guy don't take my word as gospel.

hope that helps.
    • Webbybear
      Webbybear
      Bronze
      Thanks Bagerer.... so out of all the game I've played I'm up 3% in terms of profits? Is that good in comparison with the average player? All I'm really looking to confirm is the way I play is doing me well :)

Why do you think its difficult to maintain ROI? I only ask cos I actually find it theeasiest to cash in...
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by Webbybear
      Thanks Bagerer.... so out of all the game I've played I'm up 3% in terms of profits? Is that good in comparison with the average player? All I'm really looking to confirm is the way I play is doing me well :)

Why do you think its difficult to maintain ROI? I only ask cos I actually find it theeasiest to cash in...
      If you could invest your money in stocks or bonds, would you accept a 3% ROI?
      If this is over a period of a month, maybe.

I will assume that in a DYM SnG that 5 players get 20% each of the prize pool, and the other 5 get nothing? (or 3 and 3 if these are 6-max, in which case the winners get a third each).

If so, these CAN be an easy way to build a bankroll, but they take some special consideration. We used to have a weekly coaching here on these, and I once played them regularly on a room that's no longer a partner.

The big trick is DON'T LOSE.
      There is almost never a good reason to risk your entire stack before the bubble, and on the bubble, there is totally never a good reason to risk your stack, unless you're the short stack.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • Webbybear
      Webbybear
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      Originally posted by Webbybear

If you could invest your money in stocks or bonds, would you accept a 3% ROI?
      If this is over a period of a month, maybe.

I will assume that in a DYM SnG that 5 players get 20% each of the prize pool, and the other 5 get nothing? (or 3 and 3 if these are 6-max, in which case the winners get a third each).

If so, these CAN be an easy way to build a bankroll, but they take some special consideration. We used to have a weekly coaching here on these, and I once played them regularly on a room that's no longer a partner.

The big trick is DON'T LOSE.
      There is almost never a good reason to risk your entire stack before the bubble, and on the bubble, there is totally never a good reason to risk your stack, unless you're the short stack.

Best of luck,
      --VS
      Thanks for the reply mate, you're right; I play the 6-max where 3 players cash and 3 players don't.

With regards to the 3%... I suppose that's doing ok bearing in mind a lot of players lose overall.

Re risking your stack I've got a bit of a different view on it. I am not frightened to risk my stack (and as we can see by the graph I'm not doing too bad....). However, I don't risk all my chips on a wim. I try and target mid-stack players who I feel don't want to risk their game and players (they usually are the mid-stacks) who are playing particularly cautiously. if I see a player who's short stacked I'm going to avoid all-ins unless I have a premium hand.
    • badgerer
      badgerer
      Silver
      you seem to be thinking the right way about things. let us know how the next few hundred games go.

gl