Value raise

• CustardKid
      CustardKid
      Bronze
      Hello i had this hand earlier and would like some opinions to see if i played the best possible way.
      6max zoom 2/5c
      All stacks were 100bb+

Preflop
      UTG folds
      MP folds
      CO folds
      BTN (hero) raises 3x with A7o, SB calls, BB calls

Flop Jd- 7s- 4d SB checks, BB checks, hero checks

Turn Ac SB checks, BB bets, 15c into a 45c pot, hero calls, SB calls

River 6h SB checks, BB bets 40c into a 90c pot, hero 3 bets to $1.65, SB shoves, BB calls, hero folds

SB 66
      BB 44

My thought process was to check the flop to get to a cheap showdown vs two players,
      On the turn card BBs bet looked like pure air or a weak ace so i called to keep bluffs on the river, when SB calls im thinking flush draw,
      On the river i reevaluate the situation and figure that I can value raise/fold to shove since there's no complete flush and many worse hands that can call like A10, AQ, A9, A8, weaker two pair hands like 67s, A4, A6, and J7s
  • 2 replies
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CustardKid
      Hello i had this hand earlier and would like some opinions to see if i played the best possible way.
      6max zoom 2/5c
      All stacks were 100bb+

Preflop
      UTG folds
      MP folds
      CO folds
      BTN (hero) raises 3x with A7o, SB calls, BB calls

Flop Jd- 7s- 4d SB checks, BB checks, hero checks

Turn Ac SB checks, BB bets, 15c into a 45c pot, hero calls, SB calls

River 6h SB checks, BB bets 40c into a 90c pot, hero 3 bets to $1.65, SB shoves, BB calls, hero folds

SB 66
      BB 44

My thought process was to check the flop to get to a cheap showdown vs two players,
      On the turn card BBs bet looked like pure air or a weak ace so i called to keep bluffs on the river, when SB calls im thinking flush draw,
      On the river i reevaluate the situation and figure that I can value raise/fold to shove since there's no complete flush and many worse hands that can call like A10, AQ, A9, A8, weaker two pair hands like 67s, A4, A6, and J7s
      flop might be a cbet depending wether you have A :diamond: or not and because BB is clearly a fish.
      turn raise for value/protection, calling is just bad.
      river is fine imo as played, maybe raise smaller if we are planning to raise/fold.
      I don't want to be rude or anything, but I don't think this qualifies as an 'advanced discussion'..
    • CustardKid
      CustardKid
      Bronze
      thanks for the advice I clicked on the wrong section I ment to click the one above im new to these forums.