Ipoker ban...

• vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      Hello!

I assume many of you recieved this sad email as i did couple days ago.

Dear blaa blaa blaa

Please be advised that from Monday 9th June we will be unable to allow deposits or gambling from residents of your country.

If there are any remaining funds in your account, these will need to be withdrawn within 30 days as access to your account will be unavailable beyond then.

Please login to your account with Username: "blaa blaa blaa" as soon as possible and withdraw your funds.

Kind regards,

The Betfred Team

As far as i know for now Latvia and Rumania are affected but i assume many more countries are included in this new shit... Does some one have found legit information what is this all about and mby some ways to avoid being affected by this new law? Toughts, solutions?
  • 7 replies
    • StartlingGrope
      StartlingGrope
      Bronze
      When I've played in countries outside the UK that don't allow poker/gambling, I've always used a VPN. I don't know how practical that is to set up if you live in the country where the ban is in place but it might be worth thinking about. Good luck.
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by StartlingGrope
      When I've played in countries outside the UK that don't allow poker/gambling, I've always used a VPN. I don't know how practical that is to set up if you live in the country where the ban is in place but it might be worth thinking about. Good luck.
      well, proxy servers would be an option if they would ban IP adress (in terms of the whole country range i assume) from which i would normally connect, but in this case it seems that they "cut out" people according to their nationality from ID documents sent for account creation and IP adress will not matter in this case. In other words- it would be possible to play on the site, but money would be stuck there as i could not pass the ID check (if i understand this whole thing right)...
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

Unfortunately Betfred Poker will be withdrawing from a number of different countries starting tomorrow. We will also release a news item about this tomorrow with all the details so please stay tuned for that.

There's sadly nothing we can do about this, so the best you can do is simply to withdraw your funds... :(

If you can't withdraw because you haven't made a deposit yet, then make sure you make a deposit today. That way you'll be able to withdraw your money.

Regards,
      Tino
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      Tino, is it only betfred or all Ipoker in general?
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Just Betfred Poker, luckily, you can still play on any other iPoker rooms you could previously play on :)
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by StartlingGrope
      Although this technique may work, it may also put you in contravention with the terms and conditions of some poker rooms.

If that is the case, you stand to lose your entire bankroll.

Be sure to check carefully before trying proxies and VPNs

Best regards,
      --VS
    • meandi289
      meandi289
      Gold
      I dont even receive this sad email, Ipoker just ban my account without any advanced notice and dont let me withdraw via the way I make deposits, Skrill and Netller. Instead, It refunds my money via bank account in which it incurs many charged fees
      "
      We would like to thank you for your patience.

We regret to inform you that due to technical reasons, a withdrawal via Neteller or Skrill is not possible. We evaluated the possibility but unfortunately payments cannot be processed after an account is closed due to legal reasons.
      We kindly ask you to provide us with your bank data to withdraw your funds as soon as possible:

- Bank name:
      - Bank account number / IBAN:
      - BIC/SWIFT code of your bank:

You can find these details by contacting your bank directly or in your bank account statements. We will not charge processing fees for this transaction.

Thank you for your understanding. "
      And Today another Ipoker, Betfair, bans my account. Hum I still have about 50 euro token there.