Stacks:
      UTG SLiDEEEE ($25.35)
      UTG+1 philchoi ($25.35)
      CO gandegg ($25.00)
      BTN superhottie1977 ($25.05)
      SB nekron1 ($25.10)
      BB Hero ($32.60)

Pre-flop: ($0.35, 6 players) Hero is BB K:heart: A:heart:
      SLiDEEEE raises to $0.75, philchoi raises to $2.50, 3 folds, Hero raises to $7.50, SLiDEEEE folds, philchoi calls $5

Flop: K:diamond: 3:heart: 5:club: ($15.85, 2 players)
      Hero bets $10.75, philchoi goes all-in $17.85, Hero calls $7.10

Turn: 2:club: ($51.55, 2 players)

River: A:club: ($51.55, 2 players)

Final Pot: $51.55

One suggested line is to bet 8.5 or 9 preflop and shove on the flop, another is to bet the same preflop and bet a lot smaller on the flop to induce a bluff from weaker hands as no weaker hands are really calling or raising my current bet

suggestions ?

edit: removed results for now... also, I had no reads on the opponent
  • 5 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I like your 4-bet size pf.
      No need to make it higher.
      Flop: I think 8-9 is better, then other player could shove, thinking that he ahs fold equity. Also board is very dry and you don´t afraid basically nothing if you´re ahead.
    • fostie
      fostie
      Bronze
      so basically, induce bluffs and profit in the long run yet ship it in on every of these type of boards (dry with TPTK), right ?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      You can´t 4-bet and then don´t play for stacks if you hit your tptk.
      Pot is too big to b/f or play any other way.
    • fostie
      fostie
      Bronze
      Here's what I got from some other people (all 100NL and up regs)

The line I took was fine on 25NL, but when you start playing 100NL and up, possibly even 50NL against a reg, you're better off inducing a multiway pot with the unpaired preflop nuthand you're holding rather than 4bet. Why? Because once you 4bet, nothing is going to call you unless it beats you. MAYBE a flip (QQ), and you'll get lucky if you get called and see the pot split. 4betting in this case, especially in the higher limits, seems to be something you definately dont want to do if you intend to get value out of the hand.
    • Diedobal
      Diedobal
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fostie
      Here's what I got from some other people (all 100NL and up regs)

The line I took was fine on 25NL, but when you start playing 100NL and up, possibly even 50NL against a reg, you're better off inducing a multiway pot with the unpaired preflop nuthand you're holding rather than 4bet. Why? Because once you 4bet, nothing is going to call you unless it beats you. MAYBE a flip (QQ), and you'll get lucky if you get called and see the pot split. 4betting in this case, especially in the higher limits, seems to be something you definately dont want to do if you intend to get value out of the hand.
      So what's your plan here then?

Coldcall the 3bet in front of you? and stack off on any Axx or Kxx board while splitting at max?

In this hand philchoi's line is basically a trapping AA/KK or AK.