Private Coaching with Asaban (MTT/MTSNG)

• Asaban
      Asaban
      Hey there,

first of all thanks alot for your interest in my private coaching offers.
      After offering my coachings to the German community for one year now, I decided to publish my coaching offers for the English community as well.
      I hope you like it!

About me

I am from Germany, I am 27 years old, and I am playing poker for more than 8 years now.
      Since 2011 I am working as a coach for pokerstrategy. I am also responsible for the German and English tournament strategy forums. In addition I am working as a professional hand judge in both communities.

Furthermore I regularly produce videos for the German community.
      An overview of all of my videos can be found here: Click

Recently, I also designed the new mtt beginner course, which premièred in may 2014:
      MTT Beginner Coaching: Discussion and feedback thread

Personally I am playing limits up to 215$ buy-in regularly. For special tournament series even higher.
      Besides poker I really enjoy football (soccer). To be more exact I am a big supporter of Eintracht Frankfurt.

My contact data

Contact me via Skype: Asaban86
      Contact me via Pokerstrategy Community: Click
      Contact me via Mail: pokercoachings@gmail.com

My offers

Price Segment A:
      Late game and final table coaching
      You are having a deep run in a tournament and need some guidance?
      Not a problem!
      We are talking in skype and I will give you recommendations regarding the best plays to make. In the end you only pay if you made some money. If you aren't successful, although you had the coaching, you won't have to pay anything.
      The amount you have to pay depends on the tournament you are playing and is calculated as a percentage of the amount you won.

This offer is not valid for PokerStars, since the T&C forbid this kind of coaching.

Price Segment B:
      Session-Reviews
      The perfect option for all of you that are looking for feedback on their game. We review a hand history from a tournament you played in a replayer. I will give valuable hints to effectively improve your game and show you the biggest leaks in it. If needed, we can address these leaks in further coachings thereafter.

Single hands review
      If you have individual hands that you would like to discuss in depths, this is the coaching of your choice!
      We discuss individual hands, that you prepared, in depth and analyse the best way to play these hands together.

Live coaching
      You play your tournaments as usual and I will have a look over your shoulder. That way I get a good impression on your thought processes as well as your game in itself. Optionally I give you immediate tips on your plays and show you leaks as they happen, or we analyse your game in a later coaching in detail.

Personal advice on maximizing value
      I advise you in topics like bankroll- and time management, schedule optimization, tournament selection, planning your poker carrier or mindset issues.

Price Segment C:
      Video-Review
      You would like to get feedback on your game, but don't want a classic coaching?
      My offer for video enthusiasts:
      You send me a hand history of your choice and I will produce a video from it which is provided to you thereafter. The videos are of a similar quality to the ones I produce for PokersStrategy.

My prices

Price Segment A: by arrangement
      Option: For 10€/h (~14$US) I can provide you with a recording of your coaching.

Price Segment B: 60€/h (~83$US)
      Package containing 6 hours: 50€/h (~69$)
      Option: For 10€/h (~14$US) I can provide you with a recording of your coaching.

Price Segment C: 120€ per video (~165$US) (ca. 45 minutes; ca 100 hands per video)

My references

• 8 years of poker experience, 5 of them as a private coach
      • 3 years working as a coach for Pokerstrategy.com
      • mainly responsible for supporting the mtt strategy as well as hand evaluation forums
      • various 5-digit cashes within the last years
      • successful training of tournament novices as a part of my tournament beginner course

I don't give out any nick names, statistics or personal information intentionally. If you want to convince yourself of my game feel free to read my posts in the forums, watch my videos and have a look at my courses.

Closing Words

I hope that you like my offers!
      If you have any further questions feel free to contact me any time. I am looking forward to your feedback!

For the moment, I'd like to wish you best of luck at the tables and I hope I will be able to coach you soon =)

Best regards,
      Asaban
  • 8 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      This was the first coaching session I have had, but I'm really glad I did and was thoroughly satisfied with every part of it.

The coaching took the form of a 1 hour session review and Q&A. We ran over time because I talk too much, but he was very generous about it, for which I have to thank him again. :heart:

Asaban gave the me the impression that it was my personal coaching and discussed my needs before starting.
      We performed a hand review of a tournament I ran deep in so there were quite a few hands to discuss.
      His manner was enthusiastic, patient and pleasant and so willing to see me improve I can find nothing negative to say about the session whatsoever.

He revisited anything I wasn't sure of and reinforced what I had learned in a summary. He gave me pointers as to how I might use bankroll management matched to buyin levels and how I might improve my game in the latter stages of the game and even suggested at what would need to change as I moved up limits.

All in all a very repeatable experience and I will now go and ship some money so I can book him again!

Thank you sir, it was indeed a pleasure.

Mal.
    • larsonk7
      larsonk7
      Bronze
      "Price Segment A:
      Late game and final table coaching
      You are having a deep run in a tournament and need some guidance?
      Not a problem!
      We are talking in skype and I will give you recommendations regarding the best plays to make. In the end you only pay if you made some money. If you aren't successful, although you had the coaching, you won't have to pay anything.
      The amount you have to pay depends on the tournament you are playing and is calculated as a percentage of the amount you won.

This offer is not valid for PokerStars, since the T&C forbid this kind of coaching"

Are you actually saying you would tell people what to do in the late stages of a tournie/ FT and how to play their hands.

Hoping I have misread this. Pretty sure it is against the T & C's of any poker site, as telling someone what to do/ how 2 play would be cheating, not coaching.
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      I am giving people advise on how to play their hands maxEV. The decision on the final play is on the player himself. This is not against the T&C of most poker sites. In fact it is a very common coaching offered by most mtt coaches. Only Pokerstars forbids this kind of coaching.

This form of coaching has NOTHING to do with cheating. Any live coaching in mtt's, as well as cash games, would be considered cheating if you follow that logic.

If you find further sites that mention this kind of coaching or any other form of coaching in the T&C contact me any time and I will add the sites to the list.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • larsonk7
      larsonk7
      Bronze
      Hi Asa,

If I do a sweat session with someone, me watching, or them watching me play, at no time would I tell them what to do while a hand was in play (or them me) we would discuss the decision/ thoughts once the hand was completed.

What you are suggesting is telling someone how to play their hand (to get an advantage) with you taking a cut of their winnings.

Coaching is not telling someone how to play a hand while it is in play, but for afterwards when a hand is completed.

You telling someone how to play a hand or what to do while a hand is in play, is unethical, it's also cheating the other players on that FT. They are not playing the person, they are playing you.

While the final decision is on the player himself, undoubtedly that is mostly always what you have suggested!

As an aside, I am shocked that you offer "coaching" but have abosultely 0 information up with your results, eg sharkscope which would demonstrate you have a track record in MTT's/ are a decent winner at the games you play.
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      If you don't want a coaching you don't have to take one. I won't ever deliver any results of one of my accounts. That is a personal decision that quite a few coaches share. Everyone can watch my videos, have a look at the coaching I designed, or revisit my postings in the strategy and hand evaluation forums. If that is not sufficient or not to your liking you shouldn't book a coaching with me.

Regarding the late game coachings:
      They are common practice for several years and are offered by most, if not all, MTT coaches. Like it or not - as long as they are allowed they will be offered.
      I am not interested in a discussion about ethics. That does not lead anywhere. Accusing players of cheating because they take a late game coaching is ridiculous. The sweat sessions you describe are an exception - not the common practice.

Keep your ethics if they keep you happy. I am fine with that! But don't force them on others.

That is my last post on that matter and I ask you to foresee from discussing it any further in that thread. If you have further interest in discussing it feel free to add me in skype.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      To you who are considering being coached by Asaban

Recently I had a coaching session by looking through my hand-history for a particular tournament. During the coaching we looked at most common problem situations starting from early game until late. Coach pointed out my mistakes in a good manner by also explaining what could be the best way to play a certain spot, not forgetting that most scenarios are player dependant. Made me think of the reasoning behind some more questionable plays by me and gave his professional thought on difficult spots. Overall I feel that this kind of coaching is going to be beneficial for every player and I would recommend Asaban to every person who is willing to improve their MTT game.

Looking forward to further collaboration,
      benaars
    • acerbikas
      acerbikas
      Silver
      I basically +1 to what the person above me has posted.

Yesterday I had my first batch of 3 hours out of a 6hour package with Asaban and I can duly say I am very glad I decided to take it. Not only did we look over two tourneys and discuss where I played well and where I need improvement, but it also resulted in a huge confidence boost. Also, he is not too inquisitive about overall time taken and we ended up talking about stuff beyond our primary subject, so it felt as a nice experience - more like a casual chat/discussion than a strict mentor vs student affair.

Will be looking forward to my future coaching.

P.S. I am grinding tourneys from 5-20$ with occasional 50-200$ in between so anyone looking to work upwards from the lower limits should be able to put his advice to good use.

/addon/

Advice and confidence boost as well as telling me to switch sites paid off in spades. After some turmoil, managed to bink a 22$ deepstack on 888, feeling as if I've cruised through the final table. I felt the best player throughout, even with some marginal spots where I should have potentially followed up. :s_biggrin:
    • benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      Hello there!

Just had another coaching with Asaban and couldn't resist hopping by and saying a few words! If you feel your MTT game needs reviewing or if you think you lack some possibly crucial moves/understanding of the game the I would definitely recommend you to check out Asaban - the human leak-finder. I have to say that I am impressed how one can be helpful when it comes to reviewing tourneys and finding potential leaks/problems. He kindly points out on the spots you need to work on and most importantly it would not have happened if doing the review by yourself. So do NOT hesitate, this coaching will definitely be one of the most valuable investments in your MTT career.