Goal?

• aahitman
      aahitman
      Bronze
      First of all, I'd like to say thank you fo the SSS articles, I studied it yesterday, and it worked just now... I made $2.69... I made one mistake, lost one ALL-In with JJ against a pair of Queens :( . Of this the latest 3 sessions didn't work out so well, the cards just wouldn't arrive... So I let it get to $1.5 and din't make the rebuy (was playing three tables at a time).

One question I'd like to make...

I have Poker Tracker installed and it says the following Statistic:
      $/100 - -$1.23

Is this any good, what (in a NL10) should my goal be?
      What should I expect (in a NL10) the hour rate?

I think I saw somewhere to expect a BB (in this case$0.10) per hour is this correct? But if this is the case til I can move up to the next level it's going to take some hours)... well, this means more practice time...

THanks in avdance for your feedback
  • 4 replies
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      don't ever look at $$$/100 hands or $$$/hour until you'll become pro...

You can't compare it with anyone as it depends not only on limit you play, but how many tables do you play at the same time, do you take breaks/how often etc.

Instead of money, look at your BB/100 hands rate - this is important everytime and only result oriented statistic that is comparable.

And I can't tell you what's good winrate as I'm playing fixed limit, so wait for some examples :)
    • aahitman
      aahitman
      Bronze
      Well... in regard of the BB/100 is 8.81... And can anyone explain what this is?
      thanks
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      it means that you win 8.81 big bets (or big blinds in NL?) per 100 hands you play... so if you play 400 hands/day, you win 8.81*4*$0.1 on average

Some NL player should correct me as I'm not sure how does PT count BB in NL.
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

PokerTracker uses PTbb (that the same as bigbets ;) 1PTbb=2big blinds)
      And even 8.8 big blinds / 100 would be a pretty good and solid winrate!
      So 8ptbb/100 is outstanding.
      Most beginners only reach about 1-2ptbb/100 using the SSS since they still have a lot of mistakes in their game.
      Of course it also depends on the sample size so there could be much variance in your winnings.

Best regards,
      Chiller3k