Are zoom tables softer now than regular tables?

• maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Silver
      Nowadays are zoom tables softer than regular tables?

I was having a discussion with a friend and told him that table selecting regular tables should be better than zoom, which I always believed was more reg infested, but he had an interesting point that fish these days just want to fire up tables and play and don't want to join waitlists etc. which is why he sees a lot more fish on zoom.

Whats the general consensus here and what do you guys who maybe play both feel?

Are zoom tables softer with more fish or are regular tables still softer?
  • 7 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Gold
      playing zoom25 i feel like you are with 5 other regs pretty often
    • maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      I can only speak for 2NL SH zoom and I can say that I meet a lot of mobile players at the tables.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Silver
      Yup I'm also talking NL 25 and NL 50 Zoom SH.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Silver
      NL2 obv will be soft anywhere zoom or normal.

Any other opinions guys?
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Silver
      Also most regs I know play zoom and many poker coaching vids also come on zoom, so whats up with that?

Is it just good regs making money from weaker regs, or do you guys actually find a fair share of fish there?
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      One reason for regs playing Zoom is comfortability. When playing Zoom there will always be action, no need to table select and no need to wait for others to play the hand. It's easy.

For videos and coachings it makes sense as it is easy and action paced. But for making $$$ the only reason I can come up with for playing Zoom is either short sessions (due to some time restrictions) or volume. 4 Zoom tables equals to 8-10 normal tables, depending on game type and hero's playing style.

But the fact is that your income doesn't really come from the regs. You might be better than them, but your edge against them is often pretty slim. Most of your dollars come from the bad players that make a lot of big mistakes. So to make $$$ you should try to play with those bad players. In Zoom you will play against them, but the position and number of hands is determined by rng. With good table selection (and colour coding + notes) you can have good position to them, or at least be in the same table with them all the time. In the end of the day when you see how many hands you were dealt with the bad players, it should be a lot more in table selected normal tables than it would be in the Zoom. And that's what matters in terms of making $$$.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Silver
      Thanks Kyyberi, your points make sense. :)