$9.95
      MP3:
      $9.85
      Hero:
      $1.85
      BU:
      $6.95

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8:heart: , 7:heart:
      UTG+1 raises to $0.30, UTG+2 calls $0.30, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.30, MP3 calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, 3 folds.

Flop: ($1.65) 9:diamond: , 5:heart: , 8:spade: (5 players)
      UTG+1 bets $1.00, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls $1.00, MP3 raises to $5.65, Hero calls $1.55, UTG+1 calls $2.05, MP2 folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back..

Turn: ($10.30) 7:diamond:
      River: ($10.30) 4:club:

Final Pot: $10.30 Rake $1

OK, so I hummed and hawed over the preflop play, I guessed with implied odds my move is +EV, I felt kind of chummy calling, seemed very marginal, being my 4th hand at the table.
      On the flop do I have 6 clean outs? If so I believe I made the right choice with 3.35:1 pot odds, not including UTG1 or MP2 calling, although after the rake (2.83:1 pot odds) it is easy to see why NL10 is a dead-end for profit, and is only good for practice :D
      Comments?
  • 6 replies
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      pf play is bad. You may have the odds but of you call the pot is very big and with you SS you will go broke with TP some of the time.

You may consider completing f/ SB but calling f/ LP is a really bad imo

After I read pf I was thinking not to read the rest at all, but I just can help my self to help a fellow poker player :)

As played vs two opponent folding is right. You have only second pair with no kicker and very marginal draws.

Best regards,
      kukkiwonBG
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      3bb = a Raise and should be folded accordingly. I only call minraises with good odds with PP as SCs are drawing hands but rarely hits a made hand on the flop. So you should go to the turn cheaply and I think it wont go that very easy witha Pre aggressor + many Villains.

So I suggest folding this one next time
      Flop: 76 could be a holding for Villains who called, as well as 99/55/88 which means that you only have a gutshot.

Easy fold in my opinion on the Flop. Midpair + Gutshot = save your money and get Aces next time.
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      Thanks for the replies, I see how I would have lost vs playable hands (like in the higher limits) and only the extreme chumminess of this limit saved me.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      don't you play NL25?

even here i don't like your play at all, imo suited conectors lose value when you have to push top pair in a multiway pot (because of you having a shortstack ) , also don't forget your outs may not be clean, a hand like TJ (also a posible holding of 1 of them ) leaves you only with a gutshot + trips to improve and 6 outs are not that good, it's halfway between a gutshot and an open ender :D
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      don't you play NL25?
      Good eye sherlock :D
      Sometimes I play NL10 so I can make marginal plays and post them in the forum. Show the beginners what not to do, get Ingol to call me a station, etc...
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      nl10 please stick to the chart.. no need to get fancy. hand is played pre and postflop very bad