My Blog - With PS Lifetime Graphs

• MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      I also deleted this... I didn't like my tone... Not sure what I was smoking...

I'll just leave this instead of all that text.

• 20 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Danny,

Where have you been? I haven't heard from you in ages. Anyway it's nice to see you back. :]

Hopefully your 14th blog will survive until December 2015 and you'll be telling us about all that lovely jubbly money you made.

Happy Fishing

Laz
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      So um, guess you could say I've been a tiny bit neglectful of this blog... But busy times and all that.

To be honest I started playing again and while I was okay, I lacked any great depth to my game, making silly errors like, pretty much knowing your opponent has you dominated on the river when he jams, but calling with TP anyway (Just in case :rolleyes: ). I did notice this pretty early though and so went to one-tabling NL2 to re-establish a tight base range. I played about 1.5k hands and felt I'd nailed it so moved onto the NL5 tables and after about 10k hands I moved to NL10.

Now, I play a somewhat more tailored routine, that allows me to minimize losses on bad days and maximize profit on bad days. As I am not yet playing my A-Game when 4- tabling zoom, I always start my sessions (currently) at NL5 4-tabling, after a one hour session of that I move to NL10 2-tabling.
      Then based on the results and my honest evaluation of my play (and if I have the time) I'll either play 1 table of NL25 for an hour (or -1BI), or I will continue playing NL10. If the previous NL10 sessions were poor though I will either play only 1 table or just sit at NL5 again.

Also, my bankroll has seen a high point of $307, and a low point of $20, but currently sits comfortable at $261 (No reloads). I had a bitch of a night last night was playing exceptionally well all day played a good 4 - 6k hands and was showing $44 profit... So I enter my last session, NL25... Loving life, reading hands like I can see through their eyes... I work my $25 stack into ... Wait I'll just show you...

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php

Button ($18.18)
      SB ($36.94)
      BB ($40.75)
      Hero (UTG) ($49.85)
      MP ($76.09)
      CO ($48.74)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K:club: , A:club:
      Hero raises to $0.75, MP calls $0.75, 4 folds

Flop: ($1.85) J:club: , 6:club: , A:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.25, MP raises to $2.50, Hero raises to $9.27, MP calls $6.77

Turn: ($20.39) 10:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $9.73, MP calls $9.73

River: ($39.85) 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $19.03, MP calls $19.03

Total pot: $77.91 | Rake: $2

Hero had K:club: , A:club: (one pair, Aces).
      MP had A:heart: , J:diamond: (two pair, Aces and Jacks).
      Outcome: MP won $75.91

And that pissed on my parade!!!!

So yeah... I knew I was behind when he snap called the flop 3-bet, yet still STILL I decided to end what could of been the best day so far like this... I should of x/c or x/f the turn based on his sizing.

So that's where I'm at!

Oh yeah... I've also started playing a few MTT's when I do have some downtime... Mostly low buyin, but I have been using the low BI sats ($3 and below) to enter some bigger MTT's like the Big $55 the other night... Satted in, in style... Staying in top 15 for most of the Sat (339 runners). Sat into MTT...

This happens...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 55 Tournament, 75/150 Blinds 20 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php

MP3 (t10,882)
      CO (t2,969)
      Button (t1,037)
      SB (t2,900)
      BB (t14,679)
      Hero (UTG) (t2,960)
      UTG+1 (t8,278)
      MP1 (t1,750)
      MP2 (t2,960)

Hero's M: 7.31

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q:diamond: , J:diamond:
      Hero calls t150, 6 folds, SB calls t75, BB checks

Flop: (t630) 9:heart: , A:heart: , Q:spade: (3 players)
      SB bets t600, 1 fold, Hero raises to t2,790 (All-In), SB calls t2,130 (All-In)

Turn: (t6,090) 3:spade: (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t6,090) 2:heart: (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t6,090

SB had 3:diamond: , Q:club: (two pair, Queens and threes).
      Hero had Q:diamond: , J:diamond: (one pair, Queens).
      Outcome: SB won t6,090

At first I may look like I am overplaying my hand... But this guy had been showing down trash every hand for about 20+ hands with a VPIP of 100% and a willingness to shove and call with air. Once I'm HU, I'm 99% confident I'm ahead. I did get some minor cashes in other MTT's ,but this bummed me out...

Anyway that's my progress so far!

@Lazza, Sorry I've tried to be here but ya know hopefully now I've managed to start putting in some volume and dedicated some time I'll try and start making this more of a regular watering hole... I usually do ;)
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Danny,

It's all cool. :f_biggrin: I'm just winding you up a bit. :evil:

Cheers

Laz
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      First royal flush in about 3 - 4 years... Shame it's NL2.

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/10546974_F9EB474F13
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      First 10k of the month!

Must keep this volume up!

PokerStars - $0.05 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 57.6 BB
      SB: 107.2 BB
      BB: 70.4 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 1)
      Hero (UTG): 115.4 BB
      MP: 219 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 3)
      CO: 64.2 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has A:diamond: K:heart:

Hero raises to 2.4 BB, MP raises to 7 BB, CO calls 7 BB, fold, fold, BB calls 6 BB, Hero raises to 24 BB, fold, fold, fold

Hero wins 28.4 BB

Good way to play AK here? I don't really want a multiway with AK, especially not suited. Plus this way I feel I am only getting shoved on by KK or AA so I am safe to fold to push? Is this a logical way to approach this situation?
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Well after that start I went on to play break-even poker at zoom for 125k hands then decided my Zoom days were over and I have returned to standard 6-max tables.

Daily results are tracked here New Game - New Approach.

After Zoom being a huge flop, I decided I really needed to rethink my approach - So took a break for 3 days, watched Weasels 10-part video series. I returned to the tables with a new approach and a different approach to playing. I saw the game in a different way, now I have hero folds not "He probably has it - I'll call just in case I'm still ahead". I have nice bet sizing instead of a standard % on each street. I try to gain a read on players before getting to confrontational, instead of testing everyone and assuming they are all fish.

I've just hired Weasel for a coaching session, following his video series, who else could really tell me better if I have picked up the main gameplay tips and strategies better than the man himself!?

It was touch and go after my horrendous Zoom results as to whether I could realistically bother playing this game. I'm glad I shook off those thoughts and instead decided to give myself an intensive course. As I am now feeling my game could be better than it ever has been. I'm feeling good and I'm feeling confident. I just hope that my new found confidence isn't shattered in coaching tomorrow morning when a professional looks at my play
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze

Well had my coaching session for 1.5 hours with Weasel yesterday - It went well in the regards that we found some leaks - Only problem was it's from the zoom database where I already knew a lot of the leaks and had dramatically changed my game after this database had been created.

However, it did help to get an opinion other than my own about my leaks and I'm glad to say I spotted a few of the leaks myself, and learned a few new ways to find other leaks in my game. Which is always valuable.

I will be hiring him again however probably for a package deal once I have 30 - 40k hands in my new database from the standard 6-max tables, so we can see what leaks I still have not fully ironed out and what if any new leaks have sprouted up in my game.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      A Long Ass Post

What does Poker really mean to ME?

When I am playing Poker I see my dreams all laid in front of me, just waiting for my green line to match my aspirations. I see a way to live outside of the social almost predetermined system. I see spontaneous travel plans, the possibility of following a WPT/EPT and entering all events. I see never needing a home, but having the cash to buy one outright when the time comes.

Will my ability ever match my dreams?

The reality I have to face is probably not... Many players have similar dreams when they start out I am sure. I'm also sure that most fail. So it would be silly of me to feel that I can surpass those who fell before me. However, it is possible to be good enough (as long as I put the effort in obviously) to at least give up my job. As long as my emotional and physical health are in good condition then with the right guidance I'm pretty sure anyone could be playing NL200 and living off the proceeds. So as a secondary more achievable dream this is my second option.

Have I taken steps to reach my potential?

Before a month ago, across the scope of my affair with this ever widening worm hole of a game, I can probably say no. And any that were attempted weren't given the right amount of focus, determination, or endurance. I'd toss things aside as quickly as I started them. You can look back at numerous blogs I've had on this site for clarification on that. My finances are in the best shape they have been since I was 19 probably! And by start of 2016 I should have (at current save/spend rate) 1.5 years living expenses. Which is a massive thing for me and to people who know me personally, I have always got money and then just let it slip through my fingers at an alarming rate... At one point in my life MANY years ago I was earning 700 - 1000 GBP per week and come payday I was walking to cashpoint at midnight because I was skint. I now very much regret those very wasteful times. Although, I do hold some amazing memories I guess. I miss naivety though, the world was a much better place when I only cared about fun and the moment, with the future being exactly that, something for the future me to sort out.

Fitness

Now however, things are extremely different. I've signed up for a gym start on Monday, I shall attend every Tuesday and Thursday. In addition to this I have started running already Mon, Wed, Fri. The weekend is a fast paced affair requiring much rest and restoration, I shall be doing only the exercise that is required of me at work. This is also where I intend to fit in approximately 40 - 50% of my Poker volume as well.

As for the psychological side of my progress, I am at the peak of mental clarity compared to any time I've played before. And I have a mostly decent living environment also including a stable management position. On this note things have improved again... The owner of the club I run has now asked me to become DPS (Designated Premises Supervisor) Which essentially gives me the right to act on his behalf no matter what the situation. And given most of this will involve liaising with police, and other official government branches it's a pretty decent progression as I couldn't get a higher role in this company (This now being a slight issue for me also). The only two things I currently lack in my life are a car (mainly due to my fussiness on make, model and condition and point blank refusal to take credit!), and a female... Reason for which are ... Well almost like the car really!!! Make - prefer non-British for the most part, Model - I am only really attracted to shortish and relatively thin girls... Credit... They need to have their own! :D Obviously slight jest on the female front but seriously some of my mates are being to read more into my extended period of chastity! However, my outlook is this. If I am not happy with myself and current life situation, then how will a relationship help that? The longer I stayed in a period of having to face life rather than living life (I hope that makes sense) the more depressed I was becoming and the less fun I produced thereby if I had been in a relationship during these stages, then I'd not only end up STILL being unhappy with myself, I would also drag someone else to my crappy outlook and that's not going to provide me with a long, loving and stable relationship. It's going to produce more crap and more baggage for both parties and anyone else disrupted. Now though... I've just forgotten how to go from meeting a girl to actually getting a girl... Where I have so many female friends and colleges I have just literally been slamming every female I've had extended time with into the friend column. Given I've now been single like 6 years or something I'm REALLY goddamn rusty.

Poker

With Poker the strides I've taken in the last month is really positive. I'm deeply analyzing spots with decent thought processes. I've stuck at much lower limits than my bankroll could tolerate and I've had my first coaching session of many. I also study 10 - 14 hours a week via different methods. I religiously look through databases and assign a range of filters looking for leaks and possible areas that need improvement. I replay a LOT of hands, sometimes nearly every hand in the session. I also scrutinize them and then think about villains line with the hand held and think about what line I would of took. I feel more confident when I am at the table than before I enter the session though at the moment, is that strange?

The Recap

I started playing Poker about 8 years ago, only MTT's all freerolls... I found this site in 2009, and began finding out a bit more about the game. Then played the SSS for a while run up the initial $50 from PokerStrategy to around $800 or somewhere close. It's in the bowels of this site somewhere!!! Then SSS was pretty much abolished by card rooms up'ing the minimum buyin and I moved onto FR BSS - Which I did really bad at when I started and then came to slowly show profit, but my play was still pretty damn awful to say the least. Then I tackled 6-max, decided that it was too swingy. Then I pretty much became a recreational player just playing when I felt the urge. Hence the umpteen blogs on here where because it was habit to start a new blog with new strategy then I just did it every time I had a run of good results or a decent sample - whichever.

Now I play solely 6-max NL (excluding the odd MTT and STT) for me there is no exception... This is my favorite form of Poker and one I plan to focus on and develop. I am much better at the game, but I am also probably lacking a DECENT edge above a semi-decent recreational player. I have less issues dealing with regs as I usually have at least a few hundred hands on them. My play vs. LAG's (the few decent ones there are) is not great and it's something to look at after I have dealt with the more immediate leaks in my game right now like BB defense and BTN/CO opening ranges are about 20% tighter than expected :f_mad:

End of 2014 Goal

Be winning at the micro's over a large sample size with the help of a coach (Weasel), Then start next year at NL25/NL50 solo with 75BI/50BI (unless my progress is terrible I may have to rethink it). This is not dependent on the bankroll I am currently using. :)

I don't wish to expand further than this year although I do have a plan in mind of where I'd like to be by Start of 2016. And that's where my plan ends and I find out what my next step is regarding Poker. ..

Lifetime Results PokerStars ONLY.

Lifetime PokerStars Graphs:

I plan to add the others as I acquire them.

Cash & BB With SD/NSD:

Cash And BB Without SD/NSD:

Side/Fun Little Goal: Be + 6,506bb by Jan 1st 2015... Taking small bets :D

While I know most people won't read this at least not in it's entirety I feel I can come back here look at this post at anytime and remember this as my starting point to a more professional approach at Poker. And if you did read it all then thank you and I hope I did not bore you too much!

P.S This post took MUCH longer than I first anticipated when I decided to ask myself the first question: What does Poker mean to me.
      :s_mad:
    • kenthmp
      kenthmp
      Bronze
      Hi, good luck.
      I've always loved your TLDR wall of text posts since 2009.
      No homo. :D
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kenthmp
      Hi, good luck.
      I've always loved your TLDR wall of text posts since 2009.
      No homo. :D
      Hey kenthmp :)

Thanks for reading, I'm glad at least one person enjoys them... Shame all my walls of text were not as chilled out as this one huh? Haha :rolleyes: I've had some ups and downs in this game... =)
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      In regards to poker things are not going my way at all. I am still winning at 4.57bb/100 but I'm in a state of break even, and it's very negatively affecting my motivation. This is the micros and I feel I am stuck in a loop right now. I am still playing but I was aiming for a 20k week this week as a target - Now I'm not sure I'll make it as I consistently feel less than optimal at the tables. I know I have to play through the rough times but it's very demoralizing when 2 -3 times a session you are getting most the chips in before the river then someone jams on seemingly blank river and given the opponent I am forced to fold or call and see that card was like a two-outer on the flop which they continued on the turn and then spiked a river. What can I do? Nothing but try ride the waves and hope I don't capsize I guess.

I will nail this.

However, In real life things are quite the opposite. Aside from still not really being in love with my job anymore I am moving forward in all other areas. I've got a move date of 31st October, and I couldn't be happier with the house, location and price. Gym is still on for Monday, and running is really helping with energy in my day to day life.

I also bought upgrades for my PC which were Poker related - I added 4GB of ram (12GB Total), I new Corsair case which is quiet, looks lovely and is cooler than my last case, I then bought a new logitech keyboard with a mousepad built in + a new gaming mouse (partly Poker, Mostly gaming).

I also added new software to my library

PkerRanger (Trial, expensive version of software widely available for free - Wouldn't buy)
      Tilt Breaker. (Only trial atm, doubt I'll invest)
      Note Caddy (So far crashes my HUD everytime - Unusable, but working on it)
      Leakbuster (this is a pretty helpful tool)

Subscription: Tableninja 2

Anyway, best get on with a session, see if I can magic up Neo like focus and start pushing that graph in the direction it should be going.

Till next time, good luck :)
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Lately I am running absolutely awful, my win rate is -10bb/100 with my EV adjusted wins giving me a win rate of 12bb/100 which is not doing my bankroll much good.

It's a terrible run of luck as I look through my database over the last 5k hands I haven't lost a pot over 20bb that I wasn't ahead when the chips went in. I came in from work and went to start my usual after-work session, went to load up tables and then as soon as I sat in to my first one, just decided not to post the blind and sit back out and not enter the session. Which is bad.

I've just switched to Microgaming network for a FDB - The software is bloody awful, but so are the players otherwise how would I be so high in EV adjusted winnings? I hope I can ride the storm and come out smiling at the other side, but it's a bit of a downer after playing consistently for 3 - 4 months now and to finally hit a point where I feel comfortable and confident and to not be winning due to variance is a bit of a downer, after the amount of effort and time I've put in to reach this point. I've studied everyday by reading or watching videos and over the last 2 months have only not played for 5 days!
      I was however quite surprised to find out that the rake on MG is lower than that of PokerStars though, I used to stay on top of all the rake costs, but I've played exclusively on Stars for so long I haven't really cared about the cost of rake.

I actually played my session between starting and finishing this blog post and updated win rates etc. Still mayhem at the table... 3 way all in I sit with AA vs KK vs 7,4 and lose to the 7,4. I shoved with AA vs QQ on a 9-high board and river brings a Q. Over 400bb's in 2 hands where I am clear favourite... Starting to become an issue now, I've noticed myself playing a lot more passive than usual, which is obviously wrong as I said I was playing well before the bad luck hit. Changing play style to adapt to a swing whether up or down is going to have an adverse effect on my win rate once this trend of screwing me over has ended.

Anyway, sorry it's a bit of a whiny post but when you are making right choices and still down it's terrible. At least when I have played bad there is a reason and a lesson to be learned!

Feeling Sad :(
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Holy Hell - I think I learned to play!!!

First here's this little gem of a song that for some reason makes me always feel calm, cool, relaxed and ready to face the tables. It's ones of my warm up set tunes!

I am playing very well, my profit is soaring... And I have managed to stick to a limit without moving pre-emptively, my play now has this flow and methodology that before I only thought I could achieve. I have been doing much work on my mental game (Jared Tendler is helping most with this through his books) I prepare myself for the tables in a way that I never did before - I have a schedule, it may be all over the place but it's organised chaos... My favourite kind.

I am also running at 26.62bb/100 this month and feel I haven't maximised my profits in all situations! So technically, while it may not be sustainable - It could definitely be higher.

Spots still to work on:

Bluffs - My hand reading skills have come on leaps and bounds now that I've slowed on the amount of tables and have a clear thought process for each hand. However, I am still giving my opponents to much credit for what they are able to fold. At the lower limits this is very hard to pin down, so I really need to stop the huge bluffs that if used right are making me a ton of bb's, but with my current failures on people reading I am not making that much.

Lesson for next week to improve: Small bluffs = Good - Big Bluffs = Bad. Simple, but writing this I hope will help me remember when I miss my 20 outs on the river and I've barrelled flop and turn.

Examples:

OKAY BLUFF LINE:

BTN: 102.8 BB
      Hero (SB): 122.2 BB
      BB: 133.8 BB (VPIP: 21.88, PFR: 18.75, 3Bet Preflop: 7.14, Hands: 35)
      UTG: 220.2 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 1)
      MP: 112 BB (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 12.50, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 16)
      CO: 133.2 BB (VPIP: 21.43, PFR: 19.64, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 56)

Hero posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has K:diamond: A:spade:

fold, MP raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 9.6 BB, fold, MP calls 6.6 BB

Flop: (20.2 BB, 2 players) 4:heart: Q:club: 8:heart:
      Hero bets 13.8 BB, MP calls 13.8 BB

Turn: (47.8 BB, 2 players) 8:club:
      Hero bets 24.2 BB, MP calls 24.2 BB

River: (96.2 BB, 2 players) 2:heart:
      Hero checks, MP checks

Hero shows K:diamond: A:spade: (One Pair, Eights) (Pre 75%, Flop 14%, Turn 7%)
      MP shows K:club: Q:spade: (Two Pair, Queens and Eights) (Pre 25%, Flop 86%, Turn 93%)
      MP wins 92.2 BB

VERY BAD BLUFF:

Hero (BTN): 318 BB
      SB: 101.4 BB
      BB: 100 BB (VPIP: 25.93, PFR: 22.22, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 56)
      UTG: 100.6 BB (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 3)
      MP: 178.6 BB (VPIP: 7.89, PFR: 7.89, 3Bet Preflop: 12.50, Hands: 38)
      CO: 125.8 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 1)

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has 4:heart: 6:diamond:

fold, fold, CO calls 1 BB, Hero calls 1 BB, SB raises to 6 BB, fold, CO calls 5 BB, Hero calls 5 BB

Flop: (19 BB, 3 players) 5:diamond: 8:spade: 2:spade:
      SB checks, CO checks, Hero bets 9.6 BB, fold, CO calls 9.6 BB

Turn: (38.2 BB, 2 players) 5:heart:
      CO checks, Hero bets 19.2 BB, CO calls 19.2 BB

River: (76.6 BB, 2 players) T:diamond:
      CO checks, Hero bets 52.8 BB, CO calls 52.8 BB

Hero shows 4:heart: 6:diamond: (One Pair, Fives) (Pre 47%, Flop 44%, Turn 30%)
      CO shows 3:heart: 3:club: (Two Pair, Fives and Threes) (Pre 53%, Flop 56%, Turn 70%)
      CO wins 174.6 BB

I have no idea why I even thought I should bluff at this hand. This was actually the biggest loss I've had due to a bluff and I had no reason to even be in the pot other than the fact I knew CO was fish.

I have also stopped playing at 24hr Poker as well, for no reason other than I started playing with the 40 bucks I had in my Stars account grew it to well over $150 and so far have just left my bankroll and FDB rotting at 24hr Poker - I don't know why, Pokerstars always feels like home. Full Tilt used to be my holiday home, but traffic is now more shocking than ever and it's tarred with a history I hate, a crappy VIP and reward system... So now I have no holiday home and always fail to settle anywhere with the lure of good ol' dependable Stars sitting just a double-click away on my desktop. Maybe it's just a case of better the devil you know...
      I think mainly (being serious) it's because I already have the population reads a history with some of the regs, an advanced knowledge of the software - Instant deposit/withdraw, almost instant support that just makes me feel comfortable playing there rather than the many other sites splattered around the internet (I love the word splattered - Don't know why - Just love it :s_mad: ). So, I'm probably not going to bother grinding away that FDB and just stick to Stars, maybe I'll actually reach Platinum there, something I only ever achieved once before when Stars upset the whole world by giving the UK player pool a major reduction in reaching Supernova status - I can't remember the actual details - But it is in one of blogs here... Maybe one day I'll have to merge all these together in one thread and make a proper timeline of events in my poker career/complete fuck ups as most are documented here in the achieves somewhere - Anyway, once again I have digressed.

I get the keys to my new house in just 19 days time!!!
      Long post better have another tune!!!

I owe at the very least 90% of credit to Weasel for helping me with the technical side of my game so far, as his video series have been one of the key elements alongside my mental game work to get me to a point where I don't feel at a constant struggle with the game, I feel knowledgeable, and eager to learn more. And on that note, once I move I'll be signing up Weasel (should he be available) for a 10-part package to actually help me with the pieces of my game that need work, rather than just hollow words wasted on someone who still couldn't control his bankroll mishaps and random outbursts of maniac play. Don't get me wrong I don't think I've cracked it by a long shot... I've only just cleared the first hurdle, something that has taken me so long to get to it's unreal - Some players crack this within a week of playing, my poor psychological state was merely stopping me from learning, because no matter what I learned it was wasted because the very first step hadn't been taken. So with continued work on my mental game and a little guidance from a coach along the way I hope to somehow tap into all that wasted knowledge hoping that I somehow stored it back there and it just needs a few little tweaks to make my technical game better.
      I think, with the leaps and bounds that I making in my personal life also, this could be a very good time for me to have caught the Poker bug again. At least I hope so.

I have to also give myself recognition for handling my last downswing as well as I did also as it marks a major step forward for me to handle it the way I did... I made a couple of posts whinging yes. But the difference being I still played the same volume, and rarely let the bad beats bother me... When I dropped a few stacks in a short period I left the tables and did something completely non-Poker related before returning again, for at a couple of hours to try and reset myself a little (I don't know if that really makes sense - I can't seem to word it very well). I didn't even take a break just stopped blogging quite so much and my progress thread kind of died.... But it was only to see if I was actually going to be hanging around the this time at the tables... Cos whenever I am playing I always post here, however most I think just ignore me because of how often I just fade into oblivion, and then reappear later on... I guess it gets boring to most... But I can't undo what has been done, only strive to achieve better :)

I haven't had many losses over the last week, I was just to busy playing to think about posting to be honest... I feel really focused and I am scared I may lose this feeling and want to use it as much as possible in case I do! I guess focus is really just state of mind and now that I prepare myself better for a Poker session, maybe I'll maintain the focus, passion and the drive I exhibit at the moment.
    • kenthmp
      kenthmp
      Bronze
      :s_thumbsup:
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      So cash is going well - And here's my Sharkscope stats, because I happened to be looking at 'em while writing this post! :D

Things be going well...

That is all. :f_cool:
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Really enjoyed reading the last few posts you have up here, very inspiring. Will read rest of blog when I have more time. Will be following :f_biggrin:
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Ok I'm up to date :f_thumbsup:
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Seems I shoould of actually resurrected my 13th blog as all the advice and help I need is pretty much there... After just reading it... Because i looked at favs and found it there... I am literally in a loop... But I explained everything better last time...

I am in exactly the same situation at almost the exact same time of year ... WTF?!