nl100 2 pair

• srohack
      opponent was a regular and i was playing him at two tables .
      he was calling too many hands oop and he was giving up without too much fight . he showed me two times that he was able to float oop and take the pot on later street . i am sure he 3 bets ak aq aa kk qq preflop so i exclude this from his range . think he will shows up on the turn with some two pair most of the times , ocasionaly a set and rarely qj .
      i also think it was better to try and get it in on the turn because he is almost never bluffing on this board and probably will show up with worse a big percentage .
      what are your thoughts ?

$0.5/$1 No Limit Holdem
      2 players
      Converted at

BTN Hero ($106.60)
      BB LarsTingstrom ($166.40)

Pre-flop: ($1.50, 2 players) Hero is BTN A:diamond: 5:diamond:
      Hero raises to $3, LarsTingstrom calls $2

Flop: 5:spade: A:heart: K:diamond: ($6.50, 2 players)
      LarsTingstrom checks, Hero bets $4, LarsTingstrom calls $4

Turn: Q:club: ($14.50, 2 players)
      LarsTingstrom checks, Hero bets $11, LarsTingstrom raises to $28, Hero calls $17

River: 9:spade: ($70.50, 2 players)
      LarsTingstrom bets $57, Hero goes all-in $71.60, LarsTingstrom calls $14.60
  • 5 replies
    • Michailewic
      If you are sure he 3-bets QQ+, AQ+, the only hands which can beat you are 55, 99, A9, JT (while I think that he would not play 99 in that way and A9 that would be just a bad luck on the river since he would probably bet almost any river).

So the only hands you were to worry about were 55 and JT.

c/r with 55 does not make sence since if he wanted to protect against a straight he would have probably bet the turn and if he was not afraid of the straight draw, then he would just c/c. And I would say that he would probably c/c with JT on the turn.

And since he would also shove any two pair, then you were in most situations ahead.

So I think it was good play on the river.
    • Yoghi
      Stop playing regulars :)

Also a turn check/raise is superstrong mostly.

I think I prefer a check behind on the turn, not much he can call you with anymore.
    • srohack
      well it was a movie called revolver and a guy said :
      "the only way you can become smarter is playing better opponents"
      So i try it from time to time ... makes me put more thought into my game
    • Yoghi
      Originally posted by srohack
      That's where it went wrong :D

And it's definitely not true. If you just play bad players you will become a much better player, but against bad players. Sure, you learn other things and in a different way, but it's a lie that worse opponents can't teach you something. I've played 95% of hands against bad opponents, and I learned a lot from it.
    • TribunCaesar
      Xylere and me are thinking that you should fold on the turn. Checking behind is not an option, your hand is too strong. His raise looks very strong and I put him on either KQ or JT.