Good site for MSS - your suggestion please

• apollo540419
      apollo540419
      Bronze
      Could anyone please suggest some good sites for MSS? Look like they banned MS players from playing when introducing Buy-in obligation everywhere. I'm playing at WH, speed poker but find it not profitable because of heap of mid stack and empty seats at table
      Poker star: 8 times leave table in 20 hours
      MPN: I've got no idea, but may be 2 hour passes then you can sit at the same table with 40 BBs again.

Hello everyone,

I would like to seek advices from experienced buddy in this forum to improve my game using MSS. It doesn't look good and I lost some money from the beginning of the month X( . Here are my graphs:

And graph of my lose/gain when I VPIP.

After some researches, I suppose that my leaks come from:
      - My range is too tight as I use MSS articles, but the wrong one. They are articles for Full ring game but I played speed poker 6-max at William Hill :f_cry: . I spent a lot of money for blind. Please suggest whether I need to extend my hand range? I found some article for MSS at 6-max. However, they are much looser than my usual way :s_o: . The artcle for 6-max:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/sss/2050/1/
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/sss/2054/1/
      - When I decide to VPIP, I play them too aggressively and can't easily let it go. I won small pot but lost big pot.
      - Any leak I need to improve?

If you need any graph just please let me know. Any idea and suggestion is always welcome and appreciated. :f_biggrin: Thank you very much. :s_love:

Thanks guy.
  • 13 replies
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Bronze
      Hi apollo,

Thanks for posting,

I never played MSS so I won't go in depth about strategy and leaks you could have, however, I can tell you that 6k hands is absolutely not sufficient to draw any conclusions from them, it can just be a short term variance. Keep in mind that some regs play this kind of volume almost every day. :)

Best of luck,
      Fran
    • cardman021
      cardman021
      Basic
      I no longer play MSS, but just by looking at your stats it seems like your not positionally aware? I mean you have the same stats in all positions, as frankie said it's a small sample but 6k should already show huge diff on positional stats.
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      Yeah, the identical vpip for all positions is weird.

not sure of MSS, but I think playing MSS you play tighter than BSS but more aggro ?

Anyway, try playing tighter range from UTG/MP, and widen your range from CO and BTN.

maybe your 3b stat from BB is a bit over what it should be ?

those are just my fishy speculations/questions :-)
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, apollo540419,
      One of the primary features of MSS is that the target player type is a BSS reg.
      It has been a long time since I had a go at MSS, so I may not be exactly correct on some minor points, but the general idea is:

You buy-in for 40 BB
        You cash out when you hit 50 BB
        You reload if you drop below 30 BB
        You play on Full-Ring tables. The Strategy was designed to work against a pool of players with specific characteristics.
        There are no more than two short/mid stacks at the table.

The last two rule out Speed poker on WH. First off, when the player pool gets small on iPoker Speed tables, the software will seat as few as 3 players just to avoid lag. MSS is near impossible to profit under these circumstances -- the blinds come far too fast.

Also, I find on WH times when almost everyone at the table as between 20 and 50 BB. I'm guessing that they're just not setting their auto-top-up rules. Also the auto-top-up rules occasionally stop working on iPoker Speed tables.

So it isn't you, nor the strategy -- you're just try to play it in the wrong environment.
      I suggest going back over the Short/Midstack articles again and trying again on some more appropriate tables.

[[b]Edit:[/b] I just noticed that this is over 6400 hands. This is not a large enough sample size. In fact, I would say that you did quite well considering that you were playing in difficult conditions.]

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, apollo540419,
      After my last post, I came across these two articles:
      MSS at Short-Handed Tables: Pre-flop
      MSS at Short-Handed Tables: Post-flop

I didn't read them, but they appear to apply directly to your situation.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • apollo540419
      apollo540419
      Bronze
      Could anyone please suggest some good sites for MSS? Look like they ban MS players from playing when introducing Buy-in obligation everywhere.
      Poker star: 8 times leave table in 20 hours
      MPN: I've got no idea, but may be 2 hour passes then you can sit at the same table with 40 BBs again.
    • apollo540419
      apollo540419
      Bronze
      your support please :f_frown:
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, apollo540419,
      iPoker has some cash tables that you can buy into for 40BB
      I don't know if they are "good" sites or not.

What rooms do you currently play on?

Have a look at our affiliated poker rooms, see if any of them mention it.

For the rooms you don't know one way or another, perhaps repeat this question in the forum for that poker room.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • apollo540419
      apollo540419
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      Hi, apollo540419,
      iPoker has some cash tables that you can buy into for 40BB
      I don't know if they are "good" sites or not.

What rooms do you currently play on?

Have a look at our affiliated poker rooms, see if any of them mention it.

For the rooms you don't know one way or another, perhaps repeat this question in the forum for that poker room.

Best of luck,
      --VS
      Hi VorpalF2F,

Good sites mean where I can bring 40 BBs to the table, then leave with 50 BBs or more. After that, I can join that table or another with only 40 BBs, not the amount I cash out (50BBs what I win).
      I just have a check on iPoker, the traffic is low and they also apply buy-in obligation (you must bring in what you cashed out and it's valid for 2 hours. After 2 hours I can bring 40 BBs). This site is the same as Micro gaming network IMO.
      Pokerstar not only have buy-in obligation but also restrict to all of the tables (you can leave 8 tables then you have to bring exactly what you cashed out regardless of any table you join).
      I'm thinking of playing multi sites with same network (like 188bet + 24hpoker + poker heaven or something). The 2-hour cool down time can be solved IMO.
      Could you suggest any site Vorpal? Thank you.
    • marcosmartinez
      marcosmartinez
      Bronze
      Hello there!

I have some friends playing in Ipoker MSS. More specifically at Winner Poker and William Hill.

As VorpalF2F says, would have no problem playing this strategy in the cash tables in these rooms, contrary to PokerStars.

The customer service, at least in Winner, is really good. Withdrawals not take too long, at most 3 days (although I made ​​2 cash-outs in less than 24 hours)

In turn, these rooms offer rakeback deals. I can offer one deal at Winner Poker and William Hill. The percentage is 55%.

If you are interested add me to Skype
      [Edited by VorpalF2F]

Greetings!

PD: Sorry for my bad English :tongue:
    • apollo540419
      apollo540419
      Bronze
      Originally posted by marcosmartinez
      Hello there!

I have some friends playing in Ipoker MSS. More specifically at Winner Poker and William Hill.

As VorpalF2F says, would have no problem playing this strategy in the cash tables in these rooms, contrary to PokerStars.

The customer service, at least in Winner, is really good. Withdrawals not take too long, at most 3 days (although I made ​​2 cash-outs in less than 24 hours)

In turn, these rooms offer rakeback deals. I can offer one deal at Winner Poker and William Hill. The percentage is 55%.

[Edited by VorpalF2F]

Greetings!

PD: Sorry for my bad English :tongue:
      Hi marcosmartinez,

Could you please ask your friends the specific limit they play and what kind of table (normal cash table, speed, 6-max, 9-max). Any information is appreciated.
      I usually play NL 5 speed poker but heaps of Mid stack there, which doesn't seems to be profitable. About normal cash table, I only see very low traffic and buy-in obligation which doesn't allow me to leave the table then join easily.
      Thanks.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by marcosmartinez

[Edited by VorpalF2F]
      Hi, marcosmartinez,
      I have edited your post to remove your contact information.
      Please see our forum principles for an explanation.

To make contact with other members, please use the community tool to make contact, and exchange contact info privately there.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • marcosmartinez
      marcosmartinez
      Bronze
      Hi

@Vorpal, sorry! im from the spanish community and i have no idea. Thanks for the advice.

@Apollo, i thin there is no 9-max at Ipoker, at least at Winner Poker there are only 6max tables. They are playing NL10 and NL20, one of them Speed poker and the other guy regular cash tables. The traffic is ok imho, you can probably combine some speed tables to your normal cash tables when traffic is bad or you have buy in obligations problems

I used to play there with rb too, on the afternoons (of England probably, if i dont make the maths wrong) there are like 20-25 regular tables opened. At the bad moments, when there are a few tables, like 7 o 8, there are a lot o fishes, probably because is a bingo software, with roulette etc

again, sorry about my english

im gonna add you on the community :)