[Your support please] Can't beat NL5 - MSS on 6max speed poker

• apollo540419
      apollo540419
      Bronze
      Hello everyone,

I would like to seek advices from experienced buddy in this forum to improve my game using MSS. It doesn't look good and I lost some money from the beginning of the month X( . Here are my graphs:

And graph of my lose/gain when I VPIP.

After some researches, I suppose that my leaks come from:
      - My range is too tight as I use MSS articles, but the wrong one. They are articles for Full ring game but I played speed poker 6-max at William Hill :f_cry: . I spent a lot of money for blind. Please suggest whether I need to extend my hand range? I found some article for MSS at 6-max. However, they are much looser than my usual way :s_o: . The artcle for 6-max:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/sss/2050/1/
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/sss/2054/1/
      - When I decide to VPIP, I play them too aggressively and can't easily let it go. I won small pot but lost big pot.
      - Any leak I need to improve?

If you need any graph just please let me know. Any idea and suggestion is always welcome and appreciated. :f_biggrin: Thank you very much. :s_love:
  • 5 replies
    • maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      do you have leakfinder?

i have the trial version and it does give you some tips, but not all of it.
    • ferdy81
      ferdy81
      Bronze
      apollo540419,

your obvious leak is starting hands from every position. Search for articles "positional awareness". You need to be tight in EP and very loose at BTN. It seems you are playing the same range from every position. Position = money! You are loosing from the BTN (best position), where you should have won the most.

Try work on something like this:
      EP: 14%
      MP: 18% (OK)
      CO: 25%
      BTN: 45%

On blinds learn how to denfed vs overly aggressive stealers. Search for article "playing from the blinds".

Also note, not to be overly aggressive now, else 3-betting & 4-betting wide from the button will become your next leak! There are many other leaks, but don't change to much at once. Try to fix one by one and see how it works.
    • crisabsynt
      crisabsynt
      Bronze
      Try to play about VPIP 25-30, PFR 25-30 3-bet 8-15 as MSS

More 3-bet, more c-bet.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by apollo540419
      Hello everyone,

I would like to seek advices from experienced buddy in this forum to improve my game using MSS. It doesn't look good and I lost some money from the beginning of the month X( . Here are my graphs:
      Hi, apollo540419
      MSS and speed are not a good match.

I would suggest re-reading all the MSS articles you can, and looking for good regular tables.

MSS means you are targeting big stacks -- and there are too many small stacks in fast fold games.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • ghennt
      ghennt
      Bronze
      Hi Apollo

Definitely listen to what the others in the thread have said, positional awareness will really help you. Think of not having to play so many weak hands out of position.

Also its true MSS is not the best for zoom, however that applies in that it just means you need to be more selective in what opponents you choose to go after.

The best thing I can recommend is not thinking along the lines of 'the chart tells me to shove, so I shove'. This is particularly true in micro stakes zoom because so many people only play back with very strong ranges.

If you open CO and BU 3bs and he has a 1%3b do you feel good going AI with JJ? AK? Personally I want a bit more information before I know these hands are good at this stake versus unknown players.

Try to learn all you can, and read the hand review forums to learn what opponents are doing. And every time you make a move, think to yourself 'does this make sense? do i have a reason for this'

Good luck and hope you run well in the coming hands!